Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 01:58 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 337 Likes on 233 Posts

Hi Kevin (KPG),

Well, the lack of response to my question and in general, I have not heard anything about these cars that were so talked about early on. So please share, is it running? How do you like it? Any 60-130 times? Kevin, we talked a lot about this, a long time ago when you began the process and I have have PMed you a few times asking you how it's coming along, but did not hear back.
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook

Last edited by John D II; 08-06-2008 at 02:14 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:07 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

John are you wanting a Stage 4 engine??
Kevin,

I am all set for now, but as an enthusiast, I like hearing and knowing what's out there. The funny thing is - as I was driving today, I was thinking that even at a 700 level package, I was not able to stay in the gas for more than a few seconds without risking my license. The more HP you have, the more difficult it becomes to exercise these cars (legally). From what I have read so far, I am sure the stage 4 cars will get you in trouble in a hurry :-)
Old 08-06-2008, 02:26 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Kevin,

I just noticed your signature says "soon, very soon". So does the signature need updating or is it still a work in progress? I guess if you don't want to say, that's fine, but if you look at the two responses above, it's more of the same lack of information. Neither of you have said anything - instead you have asked me questions. Why not an answer like "John, yea, It's been running for 2 months and it's great!", "Where have you been?" or "it's almost ready - we need a few more weeks for xxx and then we'll be running some times - can't wait". Part of the fun of these forums is sharing information, so I am not sure why the lack of stage 4 sharing. That's all. I am certainly not trying to instigate any type of "tuner war"...I'm just anxious to see and hear of these big builds...

Last edited by John D II; 08-06-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:37 PM
KPG
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John D II
Kevin,

I just noticed your signature says "soon, very soon". So does the signature need updating or is it still a work in progress? I guess if you don't want to say, that's fine, but if you look at the two responses above, it's more of the same lack of information. Neither of you have said anything - instead you have asked me questions. Why not an answer like "John, yea, It's been running for 2 months and it's great!", "Where have you been?" or "it's almost ready - we need a few more weeks for xxx and then we'll be running some times - can't wait". Part of the fun of these forums is sharing information, so I am not sure why the lack of stage 4 sharing. That's all. I am certainly not trying to instigate any type of "tuner war"...I'm just anxious to see and hear of these big builds...
John, not sure why you are so interested in this project. The status of this engine is hardly a secret since many have been kept udated on the progress ,including several who are firmly in other tuners' camps. I guess I am not a fan of the " I am so close I can taste it" type threads . It has been a long haul for all involved, and we would be kidding ourselves to say we are happy with the timeframe, but I am a believer in the knowledge and capabilities of Ultimate Motorwerks. So much has transpired over this build, both with my engine and more importantly others' builds, that my decision to throw my lot in with Kevin has only been reinforced. I cannot see any circumstances to summarily dump my tuner, as others have done recently with their tuners. There will be a day when I do the long winded thread about all that has transpired, but today isnt that day. As for the engine, it was engineered perfectly. It was assembled perfectly. It started on the first turn of the key. It has not leaked or consumed a single drop of oil. It doesnt smoke on startup like it used to on occasion. It has around 2000 miles so far. My wife drives it several times a week. She hasnt even complained too much about the aggressive clutch, although my kids have told me she stalls now and again. So far so good....
Old 08-06-2008, 09:36 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the update. I am interested because it's a pretty interesting build and I'm sure I am not the only one. I'm glad to hear it's completed, as it has been a while to be without the car and I'm sure you are delighted to have it running.

I will look forward to reading your comments when you are ready and also look forward to seeing what you have accomplished in terms of performance numbers when and if you test the completed project. Good luck with it.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Woodster
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KPG,

Glad to hear it is running (and running well I presume?).
When is it's coming out party...you know the Detroit Debutante Ball.
You cant tell me that the "DBox King" hasnt had it hooked up in his car yet????
Have you signed up for the Tx Mile yet? We are all anxious to see the first 200mph water cooler!
You certainly want to see what it will do after the incredible journey you have
been on.
Anxiously waiting more info...

Quick Reply: Ultimate Motorwerks new Stage 3 "A" and "B" tuning kit