Sponsored by:

Europipe 2 conversion from quiet to loud

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Moe Lombardo
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Europipe 2 conversion from quiet to loud

Kevin I read your post about only difference between Europipe Stage 2 quiet and loud is stainless steel packing. Is there any easy way to remove some packing from quiet version? Thanks for your contributions.
This is my first post. I have 996tt tip cab with AWE flash (GIAC), air filter and Europipe 2 (quiet). This is my first automatic transmission on any of my play cars. Before I had my hip replaced I ordered the tiptronic for obvious reasons. I struggled with decision and am happy to say I am thrilled with the outcome. The car is a rocket and aside from the lazy hole shot I am living a dream. I find myself doing a 5 to 3 downshift in the 65 to 85 mph range frequently and between the thrust and the sound explosion WOW!!! For anyone condidering a turbo tip dont let the stigma keep you from a great ride.

Last edited by Moe Lombardo; 07-19-2007 at 12:08 PM. Reason: error in title
Old 07-19-2007, 12:41 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd be very interested in a solution to this too. Thanks...
Old 07-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 336 Likes on 224 Posts

One would have to cut the unit open to remove the packing. I don't recommend that..

The other option would be to ask Stef directly what he would and can do for you to swap over to the Loud. How old is your system?
Old 07-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Moe Lombardo
7th Gear

I purchased it Jan 2007. I was not sure if you could snake out some packing. Thanks for reply. I purchased the system mainly because of your posts and am really happy with choice. I did have one question. I have the oem dv's and dont have a problem. I am running 1.1 to 1.2 boost. I read most of the posts about upgrades. Can the oem dv's cause any damage with my present upgrades or is it just the inconvience of a failure that is the problem? Thanks again
Old 07-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 336 Likes on 224 Posts

Moe, the stock DV can fail and when they do, you risk damage to your turbocharger compressor wheels. The rubber diaphram breaks apart/tears and gets sucked into the intake side plenum. This is routed back to your turbochargers. If you are running over 1.0 bar I recommend the Forge Bypass valves and would use there green spring with one shim.. They have a spring kit that they include with there valves that enable you to adjust for boost.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Woodster
Drifting

from my recent dynos I do not believe that most people's turbos are limited my
the EP Stage 2 quiet. That is what I have on my car and it does cork it up a bit
(compared to a full custom headers and exhaust system). I am also running
the K24 style Headers.

MK

Quick Reply: Europipe 2 conversion from quiet to loud