Sponsored by:

Wacky sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Quicksilver01
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wacky sunroof

My sunroof is acting up. When I press the auto close button, the roof closes most of the way and then reverses itself stopping half way open. This happens only some of the time. Other times it behaves normally. Any thoughts?
Old 05-14-2007, 01:16 PM
alpha1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Teaching and Re-teaching the sunroof

From Loren on RennTech.org (Thank you Loren!):

Teaching
1. With the ignition switched on, press the "lift" button and move the lifting/sliding roof drive to the "raised" limit position.
2. Press "lift" button again and keep depressed. After around 10 seconds, a complete cycle takes place from the "raised" limit position to the positions "lower - open - close".
3. Teaching of the characteristics has been completed after this process.
Note:
The "raise" button must not be released during the entire process. In the event of a restart, the lifting/sliding roof must always be moved to the raised limit position first.
4. If the lifting/sliding roof drive should move back in Item 1, then the closing force limitation function has responded (lifting/sliding force drive was taught). The "open" button must be re-taught in this case.

Re-Teaching
1. Press the "open" button until the sliding roof stops. Then release the button. Press again until the lifting/sliding roof drive stops again. Then release the button.
2. Press "open" button again and keep depressed. The entire process takes place after approx. 10 seconds: "close - lift - lower - open - close"
Old 05-14-2007, 11:38 PM
Dub-U!
Intermediate

I had this happen before, but it also made some noises like something was catching. P-dealer said the sunroof frame needed to be replace ~1k, then another 1k for labor! Ouch.... and no, I'm out of warranty.

I hope that reteaching the sunroof works out or you're still covered....
Old 05-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Quicksilver01
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dub-U!
I had this happen before, but it also made some noises like something was catching. P-dealer said the sunroof frame needed to be replace ~1k, then another 1k for labor! Ouch.... and no, I'm out of warranty.

I hope that reteaching the sunroof works out or you're still covered....

Did you have a creaking noise while driving prior to replacing the frame?
Old 05-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Dub-U!
Intermediate

None. Just one time I was trying to close and it would just go back to the open position. So i held the close button and as it closed, I heard a crack/bang noise as it shut. After that, it wouldn't close without me pushing the sunroof up....
Old 05-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Quicksilver01
Intermediate

thanks.
Originally Posted by alpha1
From Loren on RennTech.org (Thank you Loren!):

Teaching
1. With the ignition switched on, press the "lift" button and move the lifting/sliding roof drive to the "raised" limit position.
2. Press "lift" button again and keep depressed. After around 10 seconds, a complete cycle takes place from the "raised" limit position to the positions "lower - open - close".
3. Teaching of the characteristics has been completed after this process.
Note:
The "raise" button must not be released during the entire process. In the event of a restart, the lifting/sliding roof must always be moved to the raised limit position first.
4. If the lifting/sliding roof drive should move back in Item 1, then the closing force limitation function has responded (lifting/sliding force drive was taught). The "open" button must be re-taught in this case.

Re-Teaching
1. Press the "open" button until the sliding roof stops. Then release the button. Press again until the lifting/sliding roof drive stops again. Then release the button.
2. Press "open" button again and keep depressed. The entire process takes place after approx. 10 seconds: "close - lift - lower - open - close"
Old 05-17-2007, 11:47 AM
evo911
Advanced

i have a creaking noise when its open and it does the same thing, closes part of the time..... just like that. i have all the symptoms man its gonna die lol
Old 05-17-2007, 06:44 PM
maxwell
Racer

same here....every now and again it happens.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Quicksilver01
Intermediate

My CPO is up in November. My local dealer is the worst. Any advice?
Old 05-21-2007, 07:58 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

probaly a weak motor, open the sun roof and clean out the track, apply some lube to the track. and run the motor a few times.
I would say to try replacing the motor then re teaching it after. YOu can change the motor your self in probaly a half hour or so
Old 06-11-2007, 10:17 AM
jipettersen
Intermediate

Default Sunroof - noise problem

I have noise problem from the sunroof. I ' ve found out that the noise is coming from the plastic on each sides. I think this plastic prevent airflow coming in from sides when roof is tilted .
When roof is tilted there is NO noise but then the plastic is tight .
Is it possible to disconnect this part? I never use the sunroof so for me it could be welded.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Wacky sunroof