Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fab Speeb Gen 3 - Oh My GOD!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 07:33 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 121 Posts
Talking Fab Speeb Gen 3 - Oh My GOD!!!!!!!!!!

Ever since I purchased my 2005 996 TT I have been so P1ssed off with the sound it produced or lack of sound I should say!!! It got to the point where I was thinking of trading it in for a 997 GT3 as I was starting to become more and more frustrated with the crappy hairdresser note it produced at any rev range.

So for Christmas I was convinced that I would source the best system on the market. Now when I state best, I mean, best power, best sound, best quality, best look and best value!! After much debate I elected to order the FABSPEED Gen 3 through Stephen at Imagine Auto.

Although I wasn't 100% on the sound clips that I had heard on the internet with 997 TT (I'm not sure if these sound different to the 996), I still went ahead based on everyones comments from various forums.

After installing the system today I really feel as though I NOW own a PORSCHE TURBO!!! The sound is just AWESOME!! From when you start the ignition to when you take off, everything just sounds so right!! Especially when you get to about 4000 RPM there is this crackle or bark that reminds me of the change in note when you get on the gas with a Ferrari 360. The note is beautifully tuned to accommodate the Turbos and most importantly eliminates drone. Sitting on the freeway at 110 KM in 5th or 6th Gear it sounds exactly the same as the standard exhaust...

The power increase was an awesome bonus as was the improved throttle response... You can instantly feel that the car is breathing better.

My mechanic who mainly looks after special Porsches such as GT3 Cup Cars, 935's, RSR's, 2.7 RS for road, rally & race was so impressed with the build quality, finish of the product and ease of fitting aside from the fact that the standard tips didn't sit in the middle, therefore he had to cut and weld the elbow joints so that the standard tips fitted better. Which was the only problem that we encounted.

Fabspeed Gen 3 = 10 out of 10!!
Attached Images   
Old 01-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Sweet!
Old 01-18-2007, 11:36 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Congrats, but how can you give a 10/10 if you had to cut and weld the elbow joints. That would **** me off bad.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:30 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

One does not need to cut the joints. There is a process to installing the mufflers. If you don't yeild to it then the mufflers will not install properly.

We don't have to cut any of them.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:42 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Wachuko
Sweet!
Looks good!
Why dont you buy a set Jaime so I can hear if it is less loud then what you have
Old 01-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by jimq
Looks good!
Why dont you buy a set Jaime so I can hear if it is less loud then what you have
That is the plan Jim. I have decided on this FabSpeed system. There is just a small matter of finding how to pay for it... minor details, I know.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:25 PM
TurboMark
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is the best price you can get this for?
Old 01-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by wross996tt
Congrats, but how can you give a 10/10 if you had to cut and weld the elbow joints. That would **** me off bad.
I agree with your comment, however it was a relatively easy fix when you are in the shop with a mechanic available.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PorschePhD
One does not need to cut the joints. There is a process to installing the mufflers. If you don't yeild to it then the mufflers will not install properly.

We don't have to cut any of them.
There was nothing wrong with the muffler joins, they all clamped together perfectly.

As a matter of fact regarding the last section once the mufflers were installed, the elbow which connects from the muffler to the tips lined up perfectly to the middle of the space provided to put the tips on.

However, because that connection on the standard muffler is slightly on an angle the tips too are also on an angle to accommodate this so that they sit in the middle.

Therefore if I had have installed the fabspeed tips there definitely wouldn't have been a problem.

I hope that this all makes sense??

I am hoping to film Vid's in the next 24 - 48 hours and will be sure to post them.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:51 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Condor Man
There was nothing wrong with the muffler joins, they all clamped together perfectly.

As a matter of fact regarding the last section once the mufflers were installed, the elbow which connects from the muffler to the tips lined up perfectly to the middle of the space provided to put the tips on.

However, because that connection on the standard muffler is slightly on an angle the tips too are also on an angle to accommodate this so that they sit in the middle.

Therefore if I had have installed the fabspeed tips there definitely wouldn't have been a problem.

I hope that this all makes sense??

I am hoping to film Vid's in the next 24 - 48 hours and will be sure to post them.
It sort of makes since, BUT I have installed 10 of these units so far and all used the OEM tips and there is not an issue. Like I said there is a specific order which yields a proper angle. I wish you had called me. I could have saved you some welding

As far as pricing. PM me. I have the tail end of group buy winding down. I have a unit or two left.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:23 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Cheers,

Question??

What is the max Boost that I can see from a standard 996 TT.

Because today I thought that I would test it out post installation of Fabspeed Gen 3 and to my absolute amazement I saw 1.0 Bar for the first time.

The car was in 1st Gear (Obviously Punching the throttle!!), with a passenger and it is hot and humid over here.

Is this due to the new pipes??
Old 01-20-2007, 07:00 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Spiked at 1.1 Bar this morning!!

Is my gauge off it's head??
Old 01-20-2007, 11:06 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

It is not uncommon that the system will make a little more boost. Less back pressure means better flow and the system can move the air through the system. I wouldn't be shocked if what you are seeing is thorrtle off spike, but I could be wrong. Either way it would not shock me.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:48 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PorschePhD
It is not uncommon that the system will make a little more boost. Less back pressure means better flow and the system can move the air through the system. I wouldn't be shocked if what you are seeing is thorrtle off spike, but I could be wrong. Either way it would not shock me.

I took the car for a 200 KM run today with our Porsche Turbo Club and hard under acceleration in 3rd gear, I couldn't get the car to go over 0.8. Actually I only saw 0.9 once.

It must have been the gauge??

Having stated this, I can still confirm that this exhaust system is absolutely NUTZ!!

When we stopped for Lunch 3 of the guys who had been traveling behind me couldn't stop raving about the sound from behind and they told me that I had to go in a car behind whilst someone drove my car so that I too could experience what they had heard.

Fab Speed Rocks!

Having
Old 01-21-2007, 02:47 PM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fabspeed vs. others

Condor Man-

You're the first person I've seen that seems happy w/ their Fabspeed. I was just reading on other threads where guys want to rip their system out and go w/ other well known names.

What makes your input valuable is that your one of few I've seen who like me has a 2005 TT.

I'm getting the "mod bug" and started by really looking into ECU or "chipping" my car and as a result have learned a lot. One of the necessary areas to get the performance I'm looking for is the exhaust, so now I'm reading everything I can and your input was much appreciated.

I'm interested to "hear" more as you rack more miles.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Fab Speeb Gen 3 - Oh My GOD!!!!!!!!!!