Sponsored by:

My new "old" lift

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 12:51 AM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My new "old" lift

I wanted to share some new pics taken in my garage this weekend. Friday I went and picked up a low rise lift in need of some TLC. Tim W. and I went with a Uhaul trailor and picked it up. The guy put it on with a fork lift we got it off using egyptian pyramid tricks. A bit of scrubbing, Paint, New rubber pads and some fluid the lift is in the garage. Saturday was filled with a few set backs starting with the new hose breaking at the fitting. Luckily we found a Tractor shop that had the tools to make me a new hose. Later in the day the pump fell over when we moving the lift. The lever to let the lift down broken off. (See the replacement crest lever... MUCH Cooler) All in all the project was a ton of fun. I am so excited to have a lift it is going to come in handy! I found the lift on Craigs list for $400 it turned out to be a great deal.

Old 11-20-2006, 01:00 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

In the 4th picture, did you forget to put the pucks in between the chassis and the lift at the chassis lift points?

Also wondering why you didn't paint the brake cooling duct intakes behind the front grills to blend in?
Old 11-20-2006, 01:02 AM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Black Paint, Rust and GOFast...OH MY!

It looks so perfect in the garage. It was actually a great GUYS SATURDAY! But there were no Boobies and no Beer. Althought the Asian food and Wine kicked butt.

This my friends is a "Mod" no garage should be without.....ever.

Good find. Now lets find ME one
Old 11-20-2006, 01:03 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Eric, your garage continues to amaze me. Nice job...love the lift. Next few days look great for driving!
Old 11-20-2006, 01:20 AM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

In the front it rest nicely on the frame points. The rear has pucks.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:20 AM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

LTC...

In the 4th picture, did you forget to put the pucks in between the chassis and the lift at the chassis lift points?

The lift pads hit the chasis points without pucks. After playing with it a bit we got it down to Pucks in the back work best. The lift temporarily bowed the skirts when raised so I am using pucks on the rear now.

The Brake ducts are not supposed to be painted. They are silver from Sportec and I love them.

Tim W. Thanks for all your help! It was a blast a fun DIY project.

Wross Thanks man! I need to have you over some time. Driving sounds good to me I am looking forward to the Holiday weekend.

Also wondering why you didn't paint the brake cooling duct intakes behind the front grills to blend in?
Old 11-20-2006, 01:23 AM
RdRunner
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh.... why can't you be located in CA :-) I was thinking about changing my plugs !!!!!!

I totally envy your garage...
Old 11-20-2006, 02:07 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 331 Likes on 222 Posts

Thats a very good lift. They are around $1,500 new. Everyone that does work on there cars should have one. I actually have one. Here is the website http://www.pmwequipment.com/wl6000.htm

They have black rubber mats that sit on top of the decks. They also have lift pucks to seperate the deck from your jack points.. All in all for suspension work and even engine drops it a good lift. For $500 you got a very good deal. Make sure you use Dextron Mercon 3 or 4 in the hydraulic tank..
Old 11-20-2006, 02:10 AM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

The lift is made by Rotary. I have wanted one for a long time. I actually bought it a couple months ago. Picking it up was a challenge so I put it off. Dextron Mercon 3 is in the tank.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Garey Cooper
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man am I jealous! I just changed wheels on my car and even though I have two hydraulic lifts it is a pain to run back and forth with them doing this job...couple of questions:
1. Does it run okay on standard house current? Are you dimming the lights when you fire up the pump?
2. Is there a safety lockout to keep it secure when in the raised position?

I'll think of others but oh boy I'd sure like one of those!
Old 11-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 331 Likes on 222 Posts

Garey, mine is 1HP 110 volts.. There is a locking safety rod that rachets up as the unit rises.. 6 of 7 positions..
Old 11-20-2006, 07:26 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

1. Does it run okay on standard house current? Are you dimming the lights when you fire up the pump?

Yes standard power. I am running a dedicated 30AMP circuit for my air compressor, Shop vac and lift next weekend. With all of the lights in the garage running on 1 20AMP circuit it does get loaded.

2. Is there a safety lockout to keep it secure when in the raised position?
Yes a safety bar down the center. I would not get under the car without it locked in place.

Quick Reply: My new "old" lift