Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's who here....

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002 | 03:50 AM
Flat6
Intermediate

Post Who's who here....

Well… who is who here? We already know were a bunch of rich guys who like cars more than most people can understand, but beyond that, what do we do, what do we like?

I noticed in another thread that some people were comparing businesses and business practices (customer satisfaction etc).

I figured being were a fairly select group of rich, wealthy or well to do (I fit into the last category) people and that we could all get to know each other better... we probably all have more in common than just owning 996TT's (for example, It's safe to assume we are probably all fairly ambitious, and business minded).

I will start:

- My name is Seth Hamilton.
- I'm in my late 20's.
- I live in Ottawa
- I own a Black 2001 996TT with a full carbon package.
- I own a Chrysler 300M which I drive in the winter when it isn't in the shop (hehehe).
- I am the President of a small software development company.
- I started the company in 1992 writing BBS software (The product that made it all happen for me was called RoboBOARD), we have developed Web Statistics and Network Monitoring Software since 1996.
- In my spare time I like to abuse vehicles, including my Nitro Powered RC 996TT (also black).
- I also enjoy being on the keyboard side of a compiler (just love writing code).

I guess that's about it for me. What do you gentlemen do?

Flat6
Old 02-19-2002 | 06:00 PM
y2khardtop
Instructor

David Farmer, 30 years old and Maried ...for now

I live near Charlotte NC, and own a small chemical company with my father, catering to the textile business, believe it or not.

My only hobby is car racing. I race a Corvette in the Speed GT (formerly Speedvision GT) series. Look for me-#35 yellow Z06 corvette.

I have always wanted a twin turbo! I considered racing a Porsche, but they simply cost too much, especially when you crash them. Corvettes are cheap, and of lower quality, but the performance is awesome for the price. Plus, they are cheap to fix (just straightened the frame and painted the entire car for $1200 after big crash at Rd Atlanta).

Dave

btw, I have a 1-month old Seal Grey TT, but by daily ride is a Chevy 2500HD Duramax truck. My wife has a BMW 328i and a BMW X5!
Old 02-19-2002 | 07:34 PM
PerformanceMS
Cruisin'

Hi all,

My name is Larry Macedo and I own a small performance shop in Oviedo, FL, right outside of Orlando. My core business for the past 5 years has been modifying the Dodge Viper for street, strip and all out race competition. I have had the opportunity to upgrade Jaguar, Ferrari, Lambourghini, Bentley and a few other supercars in the past. I'm happily married with children, love to race and am very proud of the cars I build. I have attached a link where you'll find some pics I've been sending to one of my clients so that he may see the work in progress on his car.
<a href="http://65.82.125.41/viper/pictures/" target="_blank">http://65.82.125.41/viper/pictures/</a>
Hopefully I can meet a few or all of you at a PCA event or meeting in the future.
Old 02-19-2002 | 07:48 PM
emorgan
Advanced

Mac Morgan
Tallahassee Florida
(Yes We f***ed up the election)
36 years old
married -1 beautiful daughter
02 Artic Silver TT
I own some furniture stores
Also own residential rentals and commercial real estate rentals
Started and own a product innovation company..So far licensed two products to Emerson Electric..My grandkids will love me!
TT is 4th Porsche, 95C2, 97C4S aerokit(sweet car) 99C2
Been to two driving schools with Hurley Haywood..The guy is arrogant as you can be..but he can flat sure drive a Porsche...
Every day car Z71 Chevy p.u...waiting on a Cayenne TT
Goal in life..Raise a healthy and smart daughter and own a Porsche dealership oh yea and keep my wife happy.
Old 02-19-2002 | 11:28 PM
y2khardtop
Instructor

emorgan-don't have any rooms down around Sebring do you? I have a motorhome rented for my team the week of the 12hrs, but would love to have a condo/house....

Dave
Old 02-20-2002 | 03:38 AM
Flat6
Intermediate

Thanks guys... for a while I thought maybe this was a bad idea for a thread. So far I would say we are a fairly diverse group of people from all sorts of industries and locations.

p.s. Racing is something I dream of doing... I want to take a racing school and find a car which I can race (and won't make me broke!)

Flat6
Old 02-20-2002 | 11:27 AM
emorgan
Advanced

sorry dave, only around tallahassee..
Old 02-20-2002 | 07:10 PM
hjp
Intermediate

Hi Folks,

here is a 37 years old guy from overseas:
Hansjoerg, living in Stade (near Hamburg), Germany. President of a small IT-consulting company. A loveley girlfriend and 2 beautyfull
childs.

Father lives newar Stuttgart, everytime I`ll
be there I visit the Porsche HQ!

Own my 3. Porsche: 97silver C2, 98 silver 993tt, 01 black 996tt.

CU on the track!
Old 02-21-2002 | 08:31 PM
Steve N.
Racer

What the heck - here goes. My first name is evident, last name is Naeve. I am 54 yrs old, the CFO of a large merchant gas and power company, and live in Houston (as most in my business do). I am divorced, with a 21 yr old daughter and an 18 yr old son. I've always loved cars (my kids are direct beneficiaries of this). My first Porsche was a modest 914, owned in 1972. I did not own another one until the fall of 1998, when I bought a 996 C2. This was followed by two C4's and my current 996TT, which I bought about a year ago. I have a new car on the way with the X 50 option and an aerokit; will change back to silver from my current black car. I drive a 540i for daily transportation.
I spend a lot of time keeping my cars looking great - I won't let anyone else touch them. If I had more garage space no telling how many I would have - a 993 C4S, for example!
I have modest track experience, and have been to the PDE at both Road Atlanta and Sebring. Might get a track car one of these days. Have not done autocross, but will soon.
That's it for me!
Old 02-22-2002 | 08:39 AM
A.J. O'Connell
Advanced

Name is evident. 36 y/o married for one year to beautiful wife Stephanie. Ob/Gyn physician in Dallas, TX living in suburbs. Hobbies are cars, hunting and fishing and whatever else I can find time for. '02 996TT is my third Porsche, wife's car is E55 AMG.
Old 02-22-2002 | 12:08 PM
BuddyG
Burning Brakes

Okay my turn: Before I start though, I had posted
a thread about us 996 turbo owners having a get together but no one really responded. This is something we should do. Seems like we are mostly east of the Mississippi so we could meet in Memphis, TN or something like that. Anyway,

My name is Buddy Gainey and my father and I own Gainey Transportation a long haul trucking company. The trailers are white and say GTS in the corner, the tractors are Silver with Burgundy stripes. Start looking on the freeway and you will see them, we have 1200 tractors and 2500 trailers. We also own 3 other trucking companies, Super Service in Somerset,Kentucky and Lester Coggins Trucking or LCT in Okahumpka, Florida and a small tank carrier in Grand Rapids called Aero Bulk Carrier.

I am very happily married with 4 kids and I raced stock cars professionaly in the American Speed Assoication for 2 years. All our races were televised live on TNN. I only stopped because the economy took a dive and sponsors were hard to come by. It is an expensive hobby at $1 million per season! I also race in the Skip Barber Formula Dodge series and I am going to Laguna Seca in March for a race weekend there!

Anyhow, I use to own the 97 turbo and just love this 2002 turbo and I am a certified car nut! Would love to own a whole bunch of other cars some day.

Lets work on a gathering somewhere in the Eastern part of the United States for just 911 turbo owners. We can make a weekend out of it, with dinners, track events, senic drives, etc... Check out my previous thread about a 996 turbo Gathering.

Enough babbling from me!

Old 02-22-2002 | 01:22 PM
Flat6
Intermediate

A Gathering would be lotsa fun!

Some time this summer I am planning a cross country (from easter Canada to the rocky mountains in BC)... should be about 10,000km trip (Thats about 6200 miles I guess). I want to do half the trip State Side the return segment Canada Side...

I think it would be fun to meet up... we would have to plan some kind of entertaining event to coincide.

Flat6
Old 02-22-2002 | 07:16 PM
Andreas
Intermediate

Hello all,

I am new to this list. I am a 37 year old martgage broker / real estate developer. I am married and my wife sells real estate with Coldwell Banker. We live in Hollister, Ca. not far from Laguna Seca. We have a 4.5 yaer old daugter and 3 older step sons.

I love cars. Current list includes the following:

97.5 AMG HUMMER
97 Boxster
84 911 Carrera trbo lk Ruf Modified
93 MBZ 300 CE CAB
96 Suburban 4x4 2500 454
01 Chevy Silverado XT. Cab
93 Range Rover LWB
52 *****'s
73 Gamma Goat
73 Unimog 404
71 Chevy Stepside
68 Chevy SS Camaro
67 Chevy SS/RS Camaro
99 Ron Simms Custom 131 CI "Blown" bike
2001 Jesse James Chopper 103 CI
93 Supra Comp TS6M Tournament boat
98 Mastercraft Pro 190 Tournament boat w/corvette LT1 engine
2001 TT Porsche Black on Black, full carbon loaded up!!!
Deposit on GT2

I love vehicles all types. I also ride dirt bikes, water ski, play paintball, run model boats and cars and just about anything else fast and fun.

I thought I would list these in case anyone else on the list has similar vehicles and would like to share shop talk.

I am married to a great lady (has to be to put up with the above)

Please feel to contact me @ 831-636-3109 or andreas@garlic.com

Andreas
Old 02-22-2002 | 07:17 PM
Andreas
Intermediate

thought I would post a link with some pictures of the vehicles:

<a href="http://www.986host.com/gallery/andreas" target="_blank">http://www.986host.com/gallery/andreas</a>

Thanks
Old 02-23-2002 | 01:58 PM
Garey Cooper
Rennlist Member

Talking

Hello everyone; Garey Cooper here. We actually did the self introductions once before on the main board. I manage the "Little Pressure Gauge Company That Could" located in Huntington Beach, California. Our instruments are used in areas of importance and challenge throughout the world. This includes use by the US Navy in threatening and critical enviornments. We make things in these United States. It is possible to see by looking at the other curriculum vitae on this list and elsewhere that this is no longer popular in this country. That we are manufacturers of items of quality and distinction is something I am inordinately proud of; look closely but quickly, it is rapidly leaving our shores. I am a member of the Huntington Beach Chamber of Commerce soon to be chairman, I BELIEVE in the virtues of civility, education, honesty, and this big, maligned patchwork called America.
I am the President of the Orange Coast Region of the Porsche Club of America. I have been a past racer with the Sports Car Club of America; Formula "C" and "B" (Chevron, Brabham, various other stapled and taped together contraptions). A son and a daughter and two "rock and roll step dudes". Three out of four through university and earning thier keep. My wife is the CEO of Garden Grove Hospital here in Orange County, an over achieving New Yorker of note I met in Central Park in 1981. Some people get tee-shirts when they visit that city, I came home with an entire woman!
Third Porsche, early 50's 356 consistently broken but consistently fun, 1995 C2 executed in Polar Silver all sorts of things changed, 2001 Silver Twin Turbo as of July 2001, I've changed to ROW suspension and changed the valve caps, I'm not sure what that does to hosepower?
All I ever wanted to do was make stuff, good stuff, the best stuff, and make it right here.
Sorry for the length, every now and then you have a story to tell....

Quick Reply: Who's who here....