Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamT
RUF CTR yellowbird is 6.71 0-100 mph
May not be accurate but I was basing my info on this C&D

Old 09-11-2006, 01:49 PM
rajtt
AutoX

Great status report! My guess on the rwhp is 479!
Old 09-11-2006, 01:51 PM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by Kevin
Kevin, congrats on the awesome runs and determination to see your project come this far with your own hands.

I have to take my hat off to you for doing all that was and is required to turn the wrench on your car to maximize the performance of your car..

Installing your turbochargers, and headers and taking the time to break the Zero Clearance turbochargers in, have paid dividends.. The key in all of this is matching all the components together. Our good friend Markski is the one to blame/give credit for going for the wastegate kit..

Folks when I told Kevin he would see 20% increase in the midrange, his words were "sure" Send them... So Kevin is that the best $295.00 you spent?

The turbochargers are able to get up to boost and maintain shaft speed without dumping energy out the wastegate. The porting of the headers and housings, allow the rotating assy's to run at very high speeds. The Zero Clearance process on the compressor stage insures maximum efficiency thru the entire RPM range. Instant boost..

The programming with the flexability to add and change programs and files, makes this a very powerful package. With talking to Kevin, the torque output must be controlled. Boost and torque run hand in hand.. These turbochargers are capable of 1.4bars.. But things must be limited, fueling concerns would crop up at those levels..

Kevin, enjoy you car... I've enjoyed working with you..
Kevin, the pleasure has been all mine. It is good to work with someone who has such high levels of integrity. The only time I thought you were stretching the truth was the extra 20 percent torque with the wastegate springs. Clearly I have never been proven so unequivocally wrong. Without exception, of all the different cars I have had, never has there been more bang for the buck than with those springs. Dont let it go to your head... it only added about 6mph in the quarter mile Kevin

Last edited by KPG; 09-11-2006 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:23 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pump or race gas ? If pump, 91 or 93 ? If race , 104 ?
Old 09-12-2006, 06:05 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by KPG
Toby, thanks alot. I made a point to get the data for the 60-130 times with 1 and 2 shifts just for you, as well as th 100-200km times. I aim to please. All that is left is the dyno next week and I am going to run that RWD. BTW, with Kevin's magic sprinkled over this car any semi-trained monkey can do these times!! Kevin
Kevin

Checking on the other tested tuned 996tts:

RS Tuning 542PS/755NM 100-200kph in 7.7s
Sportec 540PS/705NM 100-200 in 7.5s

These numbers will have been obtained using 2nd gear to go through 100kph so two changes and maybe not quite as efficient as the 3rd gear "in the zone" start.

~540+hp from your mods is amazing - the next stage is to see how those ponies stick around when you load it up some more and take it faster - can we expect a similar awesome report as above for 0-160mph ?
Old 09-12-2006, 06:54 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I need to borow a Ap22 so i also can get some info
Old 09-12-2006, 09:36 AM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by pole position
Pump or race gas ? If pump, 91 or 93 ? If race , 104 ?
A tank of Sunoco 94 cut with 4 gallons of Sunoco GT 100 unleaded. Works out to 12 gallons of 94 and 4 gallons of 100 for an average octane of 95.5. Kevin
Old 09-12-2006, 09:54 AM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by TB993tt
Kevin

Checking on the other tested tuned 996tts:

RS Tuning 542PS/755NM 100-200kph in 7.7s
Sportec 540PS/705NM 100-200 in 7.5s

These numbers will have been obtained using 2nd gear to go through 100kph so two changes and maybe not quite as efficient as the 3rd gear "in the zone" start.

~540+hp from your mods is amazing - the next stage is to see how those ponies stick around when you load it up some more and take it faster - can we expect a similar awesome report as above for 0-160mph ?
Toby, this is the USA not the roads of Europe. 160 will get you thrown in jail and then some. The best I could probably do is 0-140 or 145. I have a few road course days coming up this week and If the weather is good Fri I wiil try again at the local track.I will leave my Pagid Oranges on to help improve the slowdown at the end of the run. I did check those articles on those tuner cars you sent, and yes there is a serious disconnect between the HP rating over there and the HP rating on this side of the pond. I agree that this car fares well against the Sportec and RS vehicles, but I believe the dyno will show more than 540hp on Mon. Before you get all excited about dyno numbers , agree with me on these points. Any one of the data points individually could be open to interpretation, but the entirety of the data: 128+ trap,60-130 7.93,100-200KM 6.7 and the upcoming dyno I believe will show more than the 540hp... just my guess. This is a full weight car and I weigh 225, the only weight saving measures are the Miltek exhaust and the LWFW kit. I dont have a clue as to the weight savings but 50lbs seems right. I was poking around on that German site you sent that has all the data for most cars and I printed out my best 0-200KM run and it compared quite well against the vast majority of the cars. It came up short compared to some tuners though.BTW the best 0-200km was 11.60, if you need a graph just ask. Well I assume we will be chatting on Mon after the dyno. Take care, Kevin
Old 09-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Woodster
Drifting

Kevin,
I love the totality of your data,
Where the hell is everyone elses date?????
My 60-130 was done as a baseline (for me) and a way for others to compare.
Mine was 3 shifts and done on low quality gas (no excuses, afterall they are K-16's)
I will be doing some mods this winter and will produce some very attractive #'s next summer.

Marty K.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:39 AM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by Woodster
Kevin,
I love the totality of your data,
Where the hell is everyone elses date?????
My 60-130 was done as a baseline (for me) and a way for others to compare.
Mine was 3 shifts and done on low quality gas (no excuses, afterall they are K-16's)
I will be doing some mods this winter and will produce some very attractive #'s next summer.

Marty K.
Marty, thanks. I have spent a fair amount of time organizing and graphing this data. It is quite overwhelming at first. Now that I have the hang of it I can spit out any type of test I need. Last night , I was thumbing thru the lastest edition of EVO magazine and they had 0-130mph data for a Ev0 9, 997TT,CGT,Gallardo, and Conti GT. I just printed out my best data from 0-130 and drank a beer comparing numbers. I think I understand the passion Jean has for these numbers now! Good luck on your mod journey. As far as the shifting 2 times in concerned. It adds about .6 secs compared to the 1 shift, at least with my data. I agree it is odd that there is a scarcity of hard data for these cars. Later, Kevin
Old 09-12-2006, 01:48 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KPG
Toby, this is the USA not the roads of Europe. 160 will get you thrown in jail and then some. The best I could probably do is 0-140 or 145. I have a few road course days coming up this week and If the weather is good Fri I wiil try again at the local track.I will leave my Pagid Oranges on to help improve the slowdown at the end of the run
Sorry, I guess the request maybe a bit difficult to fulfill although if the acceleration you are showing continues then a 60-160 can be over in a very short distance
I drove from a Dutch motorway south last week and when I saw the sign Deutchland with the speed limits posted, the bottom speed said 130 (kph) and was white on blue indicating "advisory only" - a completely straight empty Autobahn beckons- I can't tell you how awesome it makes one feel being able to wring out your car until your bottle goes knowing it is completely legal, in contrast to the ridiculous anti speed measures we have in the UK !
Originally Posted by KPG
. I did check those articles on those tuner cars you sent, and yes there is a serious disconnect between the HP rating over there and the HP rating on this side of the pond. I agree that this car fares well against the Sportec and RS vehicles, but I believe the dyno will show more than 540hp on Mon. Before you get all excited about dyno numbers , agree with me on these points. Any one of the data points individually could be open to interpretation, but the entirety of the data: 128+ trap,60-130 7.93,100-200KM 6.7 and the upcoming dyno I believe will show more than the 540hp... just my guess. This is a full weight car and I weigh 225, the only weight saving measures are the Miltek exhaust and the LWFW kit. I dont have a clue as to the weight savings but 50lbs seems right. I was poking around on that German site you sent that has all the data for most cars and I printed out my best 0-200KM run and it compared quite well against the vast majority of the cars. It came up short compared to some tuners though.BTW the best 0-200km was 11.60, if you need a graph just ask. Well I assume we will be chatting on Mon after the dyno. Take care, Kevin
I guess I wanted the higher speed acceleration numbers to show that the acceleration could be maintained and not lost due to heat soak through too high boost which would indicate that you may have the 540+hp for a limited distance only, this will doubtlessly NOT show on a short chassis dyno run. If you ask Kevin M to organise one of his "rear bumper off" fully loaded dyno sessions on his rig you would get a Porsche comparable number but its pretty irrelevant since what you have suits your purpose which is what matters - its just interesting techy stuff to muse over
Old 09-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Woodster
Drifting

TB,
I love musing through this stuff too!
question: will heat seak occur between 130 and 160 mph at full throttle and not occur if
one only runs to 130 mph?
in other words can you tell alot from 1 run up to 160 ??
I am curious as I will be doing more "testing in Mexico" before I remove/replace my
"existing mods"
Old 09-12-2006, 02:02 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Woodster
TB,
I love musing through this stuff too!
question: will heat seak occur between 130 and 160 mph at full throttle and not occur if
one only runs to 130 mph?
"
This is the question ?

The answer is, I don't know, this is why I would love to see some numbers for the higher speeds - doing the 30mph from 130 to 160 could take around another 10 seconds at full load which is longer than the entire 70mph between 60 and 130.

Of course going even higher takes even more load - I still have the AX22 data from Guy R who has a trace for 201mph but have to date not been able to get/produce anything to compare

Last edited by TB993tt; 09-12-2006 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 339 Likes on 225 Posts

If we look at the value and performance of this package vs $$$ spent with anyone else in the US or World it does change the perspective. Were can you get this kind or performance, tuning, turbochargers, headers, clutch kit for under $10K? All you good graph guys need to make a chart that lists $$$ spent vs performance actually gained.

The 60-130 numbers give us good indications as to how this car performs, with all bolt-ons..
Old 09-12-2006, 02:57 PM
edpurplett
Instructor

Kevin,

Is 540 WHP the max you run on stock(993) rods? (for any period of time) Have you ever run any higher??

ed

ed

Quick Reply: Zero Clearance: The Numbers Are In 0-60,0-100,60-130, ET,Trap