Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tubi vs. Europipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 06:18 AM
cobra06
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joe, matter of opinion RE: loudness. I had the original Fabspeed on my car. The sound level was such that it was difficult to have a conversation, and the resonance vibrated my windows, floorboard and head.
That said, I think your design, essentially a long pipe should be the most efficient. No major pipe reversals or resonators or welds past the cats.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:05 PM
fst951
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Hi Guys

Anyone in this thread know what the factory exhaust material is? 303SS or 304? I can't find any exact info.

Thanks
Old 09-19-2005, 05:17 PM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

Holy thread revival Batman. Brings back memories.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:49 PM
calcareer
Advanced

I thought that Stephen at Imagine did a very thorough "Exhaust Shootout" a couple of years ago. One of the top performing exhausts was the Performance Project Version 10 exhaust from turbo-exhaust.com. This was a modified factory exhaust with a cat and one muffler chamber per turbo.It almost looks like a straight pipe with a cat and small resonance chamber attached. It was agressive and loud and made the most power of all the mufflers in the test.

This company also made a Version 8 exhaust that utilized the full OEM exhaust with the internal cats removed and replaced with a single 2.5 inch high flow cat. It alsomade a lot of power but was quieter and more along the lines of the RUF exhaust

Is this company still in business?

does anybody have any experience with these mufflers regarding daily use and overall durability.

The concept seems like a good one and the tests of the Version 10 were pretty positive, but I sent an e-mail to this company only to have it returned.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Tubi vs. Europipe