Sponsored by:

Porsche T + NO2 Vs Supra T 700HP [VIDEO]

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 12:31 AM
Warp Machine
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Porsche T + NO2 Vs Supra T 700HP [VIDEO]

It looks like the Porsche hooked up good since the Supra spun but later the Supra blew by quickly.

<a href="http://forum.rallyfreak.com/zerothread?id=1257" target="_blank">http://forum.rallyfreak.com/zerothread?id=1257</a>
Old 12-19-2002, 01:20 AM
Turbo03
Instructor

This link leads to a password requiring page.
But you have me interested!
Old 12-19-2002, 01:36 AM
Warp Machine
Cruisin'

Hmmm???? go direct to <a href="http://forum.rallyfreak.com" target="_blank">http://forum.rallyfreak.com</a> and look under Video
Old 12-19-2002, 01:38 AM
Ruiner
Instructor

[quote]Originally posted by Warp Machine:
<strong>It looks like the Porsche hooked up good since the Supra spun but later the Supra blew by quickly.
</strong><hr></blockquote>

The Supra didn't really spin. It was running an SP70 turbo which has a considerable amount of lag. The Porsche was just able to make the intial 'jump' since it had less turbo lag (the Nitrous sure helps). Think of Nitrous as the 'great turbo lag eliminator' so to speak. Either way, Supras shine from a roll and there aren't many cars out there that will beat one (from a roll that is) that is properly hooked-up.

I have witnessed a friend of mine in Atlanta, GA outrun a Yamaha R1 1000cc bike from a 70mph roll in his Supra single Turbo...

There should be 'two' videos. One from inside the Porsche 911 Turbo S and one from inside the Supra Turbo.
Old 12-19-2002, 09:19 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
70mph roll? I can out run a 600cc Yamaha R6 from a 30mph roll. After 100mph, the bike has so much drag to overcome, I put car lengths on it. I'd love to try against an R1. My car is a modded 930.
Old 12-19-2002, 10:48 AM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
Arrow

Lots of misinformation there.

It was a 1991 3.3 liter C2T - NOT a 993 as they tag line it.

Also, sorry, no "Turbo S" in 1991.

And according to what I found, this C2T in that video does not have NOS. Its just been treated to a few boltons.

Who ever set this video up really wanted to make this out to LOOK like this was one big cheeze 911 turbo.

There are a lot of much faster 911 turbos, but the Toyota group does not want to know them.

Old 12-19-2002, 12:00 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Michael B.:
<strong>Lots of misinformation there.

It was a 1991 3.3 liter C2T - NOT a 993 as they tag line it.

Also, sorry, no "Turbo S" in 1991.

And according to what I found, this C2T in that video does not have NOS. Its just been treated to a few boltons.

Who ever set this video up really wanted to make this out to LOOK like this was one big cheeze 911 turbo.

There are a lot of much faster 911 turbos, but the Toyota group does not want to know them.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm pretty sure the turbo had n2o. There was a big discussion about it on supraforums a year or so ago.
Old 12-19-2002, 12:13 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Arrow

I dunno Soon2B,

The forum moderator over there knows the C2T owner, he states "no NOS." But of course the Toyota guys will say he has it. That makes THEM look that much better right?

Heck if I know. I just wish the C2T would have gone to <a href="http://www.imagineauto.com" target="_blank">www.imagineauto.com</a> so he could spank ALL challengers.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:18 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

interesting. Any specs on the car? Cause it pulled extremely hard at the beginning.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:22 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

[quote]Originally posted by Ruiner:
<strong>

The Supra didn't really spin. It was running an SP70 turbo which has a considerable amount of lag. The Porsche was just able to make the intial 'jump' since it had less turbo lag (the Nitrous sure helps). Think of Nitrous as the 'great turbo lag eliminator' so to speak. Either way, Supras shine from a roll and there aren't many cars out there that will beat one (from a roll that is) that is properly hooked-up.

I have witnessed a friend of mine in Atlanta, GA outrun a Yamaha R1 1000cc bike from a 70mph roll in his Supra single Turbo...

There should be 'two' videos. One from inside the Porsche 911 Turbo S and one from inside the Supra Turbo.</strong><hr></blockquote>

ruiner, at that speed shouldn't the supra been out of it's lag zone? I thought that was the whole point of these guys launching from a roll; well that and traction. I've driven in a few single conversion supras and they all seem to be in their sweet spot at around 60 mph
Old 12-19-2002, 01:29 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Lightbulb

Well...

Its no big feat to pull "extremely hard at the beginning" on a mildly modded Turbo Toyota Supra. Look at the dyno chart of a 700HP Toyota. They make their best power in about a 900 RPM window - up by what?.. 6000 RPM? A Turbo Porsche w/ bolt-ons will make great power from 3000 RPM to 7000 RPM.

Now, put that 911 turbo in 2nd gear - right at 4K rpm, and do the same for that Toyota.

The Toyota may reel him in, but that 911 Turbo is right where it needed to be to pounce.

That is what you see in that video. That and a touch of wheel spin by the Toyota.

Just IMHO.
Old 12-19-2002, 03:39 PM
JoshuaB
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"They make their best power in about a 900 RPM window - up by what?.. 6000 RPM?"

Um, do actually know what you are talking about? Here is a link to my dyno sheet: <a href="http://www.supraforums.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=798189" target="_blank">T-78 Baseline</a>
The JoshuaT78.016 shows my car with a smallish turbo in the world of single turbo supras has 200 RWHP at 4000 rpms, 500 RWHP at 5000 rpms, 600 RWHP at 6000 rpms which it holds more or less until we let off at 7600 rpms. 900 rpm window? You should do a little research before posting.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:12 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Arrow

Yeah Josh,

I do know what I am talking about... That is - when it comes to Porsches. Is that so wrong?

You got me on the toyota. Bravo.

Remember... I did say "best power in a 900 RPM window" right? Looking at your chart, cant you even count that as close? Looks to me like your best power was from 6K - 7K... No matter. Might need more research 'eh? I think you provided all the data I needed to prove my point. Thanks.

FYI though... 200 HP @ 4000RPM IS EXACTLY what I am talking about. That is weak. Your chart shows you ramped up 300 HP in 1000 RPM. That is the peaky type of power I was talking about. See?

When you compare that to just a nice warm 3.3 liter 911 turbo engine - then IT IS just like a "900 RPM window."

A mild build on a 3.3 gives you 300+ RWHP at approx 3000 RPM. Have a chart right here. Now THAT is a real player w/ just bolt-ons. A Porsche turbo dyno chart looks like a table in comparison to your Yoda chart. It builds fast, holds power without 1000 RPM spikes. Sure you have peak power in spades, but its NOT like the wide band of SO MANY other performance engines.

Now step off. Calm down before you type champ. I have no problem w/ you liking peaky Toyotas. Oh I see this is your 1st post. Nice. We are normally respectful of others here. Keep that in mind rookie.

As for the 911 turbo in the video. Here is the link to it:

<a href="http://autostream.com/library/c2turbo/c2turboforsale.htm" target="_blank">click here</a>

He list only minor mods, but then in true eBay style quotes 650 HP (umm, with stock CIS injection? Cant do it). His mods MAY get him 400 HP.

You believe what you want.
Old 12-19-2002, 06:01 PM
JoshuaB
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"FYI though... 200 HP @ 4000RPM IS EXACTLY what I am talking about. That is weak. Your chart shows you ramped up 300 HP in 1000 RPM. That is the peaky type of power I was talking about. See?

When you compare that to just a nice warm 3.3 liter 911 turbo engine - then IT IS just like a "900 RPM window."

A mild build on a 3.3 gives you 300+ RWHP at approx 3000 RPM."

Ok, so I just read through the post by CJV, Stage XXX and noted some of his dyno numbers. So with the awesome car he is creating, you are say that 50 more RWHP but 1100 less useable rpm must be really weak...I don't think so.

Using his "prior" numbers in the chart he provides (which would be more than a just a "nice warm" 3.6) I am seeing 250 RWHP at 4000, 399 at 5000, 499 at 6000, and 516 at 6500. So how is this a table compred to my dyno chart? Plotting them against each other makes my point...don't you think?
Old 12-19-2002, 06:05 PM
blunt
Track Day

The parts list shows an additional 2 injectors of unknown size so that should be good for God knows what power right?

As for the Supra power band, it depends on the Turbo choice. The powerbands are usually small because the power dyno charts are of huge turbos. Besides, who cares what the car does at 2000 rpms when you'll live at 4K+? Are you telling me you don't downshift at the track?

Here's a personal one before my custom ECU which gave me 300 RPMS better spool time. The chart shows that I make 500 FT/LBS at the wheels by 4k rpms.

<a href="http://www.silvino.net/sil_dyno_7_13_02.jpg" target="_blank">Supra T66 Dyno</a>

[quote]Originally posted by Michael B.:
<strong>Yeah Josh,

I do know what I am talking about... That is - when it comes to Porsches. Is that so wrong?

You got me on the toyota. Bravo.

Remember... I did say "best power in a 900 RPM window" right? Looking at your chart, cant you even count that as close? Looks to me like your best power was from 6K - 7K... No matter. Might need more research 'eh?

FYI though... 200 HP @ 4000RPM IS EXACTLY what I am talking about. That is weak. Your chart shows you ramped up 300 HP in 1000 RPM. That is the peaky type of power I was talking about. See?

A mild build on a 3.3 gives you 300+ RWHP at approx 3000 RPM. Have a chart right here. Now THAT is a real player. A Porsche turbo dyno chart looks like a table in comparison to your Yoda chart. It builds fast, holds power without 1000 RPM spikes. Sure you have peak power in spades, but its NOT like the wide band of SO MANY other performance engines.

Now step off. Calm down before you type champ. I have no problem w/ you liking Toyotas. Oh I see this is your 1st post. Nice. We are normally respectful of others here. Keep that in mind rookie.

As for the 911 turbo in the video. Here is the link to it:

<a href="http://autostream.com/library/c2turbo/c2turboforsale.htm" target="_blank">click here</a>

He list only minor mods, but then in true eBay style quotes 650 HP (umm, with stock CIS injection? Cant do it). His mods MAY get him 400 HP.

You believe what you want. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Quick Reply: Porsche T + NO2 Vs Supra T 700HP [VIDEO]