Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What HP "level" needed to surpass C6 Z06 on straightline?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 07:06 PM
blitz951
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw an x50 race a new z06 2 times and the Porsche lost both times because that vette leaves the line very hard. The new z06 has been built like the old 911's were in that they made the car with racing in mind first. New Porsche's are well rounded cars and need to be for Porsche to survive so they are not in the same league as the Vette in performance.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:50 PM
SwayBar
Rennlist Member

Received 327 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by JPschnitzer
....Lap time at Nurburgring is something much more interesting
The official lap-time of a stock C6 Z06 at the Nurburgring is 7:42.9 with it's factory run-flat tires. That time puts the car in a class of it's own, especially so after considering it's price.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:43 AM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a couple run in's with the new Z06. One was on the highway and from about 80-??? I could only pull 1 car length... The next was from 40-about 80 and I could only pull 1/2 a car! So basically, level 2 is needed to beat the Z06, but even then its not by much!
Evan
PS- For those of you that don't know my car its a level 2 FVD car producing 468rwhp!
Old 06-11-2006, 01:42 AM
whakiewes
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a diehard Porsche enthusiast, but after driving and lapping a new Z06, there isn't much comparison. The old Z06 was a 'vette'...plastic interior, basic vinylish seats, no ammenities, harsh ride, loud, etc...really not very comparable except that it had quite a bit of power. I.E. the powersliding king. Then I got some seat time in a C6, then a C6 Z06. Its a completely different car. The shifter is short and precise...something the Tremec transmissions struggled with. The interior is well appointed, with options like navigation. You get massive brakes...ones that make Porsche Big Reds and GT2 6-pistons look small (15" PCCB not included ). Essentially you are buying a supercar for 70,000 dollars. It does have its downsides though! For one, its hard for me to even consider a car with leaf springs anymore....but they make it work on the Z06. Its hard to think about buying a car that as everyone else has said, GM will finance for 75 months, making my measly self be able to afford one. The car has many european influences...something Chevrolet has struggled with in the past. Point being, I have driven a 964T, 993TT, 996TT, and shortly I will hopefully get to drive a 997TT. Other than the 997, there isn't a comparison. Any track, any day, any place...the Z06 is superior. Yeah you can spend 50k on top of a 120k dollar car to get it compatible, but your still racing a bone stock 70k dollar car and might be loosing. Gearing is a lot, but Porsche does its things, and GM does its things. The problem is that GM is paying to right people to do its thing right, and Porsche is trying to come to grasps with water cooling rear engines . For now I will stick with my 'waterpumper' Volkswagen 968 .

Wes

Quick Reply: What HP "level" needed to surpass C6 Z06 on straightline?