6speedonline

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster
heya Woodster.. just an FYI, I know Alex pretty well but you should know the reason he doesn't kill MAF's is because he DOESN'T actually have one His car is unique no doubt and in another league....
Alex seems like you are misinformed. But in any case you are not going to debate that MAF's really don't like EVOMS tuning do you ? One thing I will credit EVOMS for sure is how they can mobilize all their resources behind trying to convince people that their regular kits run below 11 seconds..."chapeau bas"!

Nice little gathering here. Marty, you really know how to attract crowds.

Between 3-4 cars above there is like... what... 4000HP and all of them doing a 60-130 mph in 3 seconds?

BTW I beat an F16 lightweight and all today but I did not have a video, but boy was it fun!
All in good spirit, having some fun that's all. Cheers guys.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:57 PM
markski
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
Markski, it was the efforts of Stephen, Alex and myself in the black tippy that turned the 11.1 It was in the afternoon.. California winter..
and if I recall correctly, it was ur stage 5 zero clearance turbos that it it
Old 01-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

Markski, in truth is was Billet Stage 4 zero clearanced..
Old 01-27-2006, 02:02 PM
markski
Racer

ahhh.. sorry didnt know... but u used ur billet wategates.. the ones I have.. correct? If so.... this car has no lagg at all.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

We didn't use the billet wastegates, they were made 6 months later...

We would have been in the 10's if we used the billet wastegates!!
Old 01-27-2006, 02:54 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Markski, it was the efforts of Stephen, Alex and myself in the black tippy that turned the 11.1 It was in the afternoon.. California winter..
What about Joan:P Seriously what we _really_ accomplished that day will never be known. Everyone there at the event (even in the write up) said that one run in particular we had the BEST launch of the day and it was a dead cert. for a 10. Their software crashed and I even have it on video where BuddyG is going " Oh man not now, why did it crash" lol... Cort described the Car as a "big block vette" since I'm sure it had the least lag of any cars that day...

Kevin, man those were crazy days?
Old 01-27-2006, 02:55 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

You and I both know that one run I made.. we _were_ in the 10s.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:17 PM
BuddyG
Burning Brakes

Received 240 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodster
Zippy, Craig and Buddy G:
My official opinion on EVOMS/Giac product:
Good product, fantastic marketing, great product development,
loyal customers, and outrageous horsepower/performance
claims.(I find it interesting that when Alex D. appears in LA and ready to go then Criag's
car is conveniently "waiting for transport" and gettting total rebuild). Anyone want to put some
money on who's car is faster?? How many cars has Alex's car destroyed with no MAF issues
or blown intercooler hoses?? Recent "speculation" of a EVOMS customer getting into the
10's after trying twice at the dragstrip with full Evolution Motorsports backup and wrenching
capabilities at the track. We already know what a GT700 will do at the dragstrip: 11.3. (Roock RST 650 did 11.1 @ 130 in 2004 which was
a motor built by PSI in Belgium).
Buddy G has proved this and certainly more than proved/earned his stripes with his involvement
and relentless pursuit of higher performance with his car. This same holds true for Sharkey,
and Stephen, very knowledgable and proven performers, I commend that.
How long of a span did it take for an EVOMS/Giac car to beat the 10.7 quartermile time set by Todd Knighton's "beat-up" blue 996TT in the European
Car "clash of the titans" in 2003 ??
A couple of other questions:
Why is everyone so hard on PSI products and downplay any tuning success
that they have had?
969 Motorsports posts Mike's PSI 550 dyno chart and the only thing anyone
can talk about is the dips in the torque curve and PSI better send their programmer/tuner over to "figure out the problem", funny thing is, I looked
and saw the same "dips" on EVO's website for their GT750 kit, etc.
PSI 550: this is a very fast kit (for a 550):
ADAM T (in England) posted some runs in a RUF 550 versus a PSI 500:
the results surprised most everybody,
RUF 550 attained a 181.9 mph
PSI 550 attained a 179 over the same distance (too bad there were no
EVO 550 cars to compare).
Craig my so called passive/aggressive looks like childs play compared to some
very frequent posters on Rennlist
BTW if your car has anywhere near the 950 horsepower, the ENZO should
be "child's play" for you, and you will fare well against Alex's Protomotive car.
Marty,

My offer still stands if you want to go head to head against my car this
Spring. Let me know.

Buddy
Old 01-27-2006, 04:12 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by BuddyG
Marty,

My offer still stands if you want to go head to head against my car this
Spring. Let me know.

Buddy
You are challenging a 480 at the flywheel car with your 644 at the wheels car......mmmm

Your unloaded dyno run would have to be out by 200 wheel hp just to have the same flywheel power as Woodsters - surely noone is saying they are "that" far out ?

There is only one superpower etc.......

Old 01-27-2006, 04:16 PM
BuddyG
Burning Brakes

Received 240 Likes on 118 Posts

I am just tired of the bullcrap! Let's get it on!

Bring your 993 over here and we can go out it too!

Old 01-27-2006, 06:24 PM
markski
Racer

thats one thing I regret.. that i didnt get a chance to go myself after I installed the billets....

I strongly suggest these actuators.... the car is totally different...
Old 01-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Woodster
Drifting

Buddy G,
Look up My buddy in East GR that I told you about.
His intials are BD. He went 200 MPH in a Wide 930 Body in the 80's.
(was originally a RUF car, then it was built by Bob Holcome-I drove it up in Brainerd in 1988)
He can race you for me, other than that I would like to run a GIAC car
with ECU and exhaust, (that is comparable to mine) before I do my next
set of mods, then we can get it on as you say.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Craig.
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Woodster
Zippy, Craig and Buddy G:
My official opinion on EVOMS/Giac product:
Good product, fantastic marketing, great product development,
loyal customers, and outrageous horsepower/performance
claims.(I find it interesting that when Alex D. appears in LA and ready to go then Criag's
car is conveniently "waiting for transport" and gettting total rebuild). Anyone want to put some
money on who's car is faster?? How many cars has Alex's car destroyed with no MAF issues
or blown intercooler hoses?? Recent "speculation" of a EVOMS customer getting into the
10's after trying twice at the dragstrip with full Evolution Motorsports backup and wrenching
capabilities at the track. We already know what a GT700 will do at the dragstrip: 11.3. (Roock RST 650 did 11.1 @ 130 in 2004 which was
a motor built by PSI in Belgium).
Buddy G has proved this and certainly more than proved/earned his stripes with his involvement
and relentless pursuit of higher performance with his car. This same holds true for Sharkey,
and Stephen, very knowledgable and proven performers, I commend that.
How long of a span did it take for an EVOMS/Giac car to beat the 10.7 quartermile time set by Todd Knighton's "beat-up" blue 996TT in the European
Car "clash of the titans" in 2003 ??
A couple of other questions:
Why is everyone so hard on PSI products and downplay any tuning success
that they have had?
969 Motorsports posts Mike's PSI 550 dyno chart and the only thing anyone
can talk about is the dips in the torque curve and PSI better send their programmer/tuner over to "figure out the problem", funny thing is, I looked
and saw the same "dips" on EVO's website for their GT750 kit, etc.
PSI 550: this is a very fast kit (for a 550):
ADAM T (in England) posted some runs in a RUF 550 versus a PSI 500:
the results surprised most everybody,
RUF 550 attained a 181.9 mph
PSI 550 attained a 179 over the same distance (too bad there were no
EVO 550 cars to compare).
Craig my so called passive/aggressive looks like childs play compared to some
very frequent posters on Rennlist
BTW if your car has anywhere near the 950 horsepower, the ENZO should
be "child's play" for you, and you will fare well against Alex's Protomotive car.
Marty,

1. In my post, I accused you of repeatedly and unnecessarily disparaging EVO MS. Predictably, you responded by further denigrating EVO MS, thus validating my contention. Thank you for providing yet another clear example of your inappropriate conduct.

2. In my post, I did not make a single negative comment about your tuner, PSI, but I did observe that you have an insatiable desire to constantly extol the virtues of PSI in order to justify your patronage of them. Predictably, you responded by further boasting about, and defending, PSI, even though they are not the subject of this discussion. Thank you again for validating my observations regarding your conduct.

3. I have NEVER claimed that my car is faster than Alex’s Protomotive car, or even in the same league with his car. To the contrary, I have repeatedly acknowledged that Alex’s car is faster than my car, and when we finally do line up together, he will prevail. As I am sure you are aware, Alex’s car is generating north of 1000 rwhp – that is more hp than I have at the crank. Alex’s car is in a different universe.

4. You could not be more mistaken about the reasons why Alex and I have not yet lined up our cars. Contrary to your false accusations, I was prepared to line up with Alex on both of his two prior trips to Los Angeles, and it was Alex’s fault that it did not happen. In both instances, Alex left VMs for me reporting that he was coming to town, and I promptly called him back several times to set up a meeting. However, Alex does not answer his cell phone, and his VM was full, so I was unable to contact Alex while he was in town. I tried to set up the runs, but Alex was non-responsive and unreachable. Feel free to ask Alex about this if you question my account. With regard to Alex’s presence in Los Angeles today, I blew out my MAF two days ago. Rather than simply replace the MAF in the same manner as before, and promptly blow it out again, EVO MS has a new method for replacing the MAF that prevents subsequent blow outs. Therefore, I am going to have EVO MS do this work when they have my car over the next couple of weeks. At present, my car is in limp mode and incapable of a high speed run. Therefore, your suggestion that I am avoiding Alex is without merit, and yet another of your inappropriate attempts to disparage me.

5. It is interesting that, when citing a reference car to compare to EVO’s cars, you do not mention your own PSI tuned car. Instead, you use Alex’s car as a reference. However, while Alex’s car is indisputably an amazing achievement and arguably the fastest 996TT on the planet, Protomotive took OVER TWO YEARS to build Alex’s car, and the cost was well into the six figures. I do not know many 996TT owners who would be willing to part with their car for over two years for performance upgrades (I certainly would not). Likewise, I do not know many 996TT owners who would shell out well over a hundred thousand dollars for performance upgrades. Thus, Alex’s car really isn’t a good reference point for judging the success of other tuners. EVO MS, IA, PSI, and many other tuners offer high hp performance upgrades and, while these packages clearly fall short of Alex’s car, they can be had in a short period of time, for far less than what Alex paid. For most 996TT owners, this is the more realistic option and, regardless of how blisteringly fast Alex’s car is, it is not an appropriate benchmark for comparison purposes.

6. In my post, I accused you of directing inappropriate hostility and derogatory comments at your fellow car enthusiasts. Predictably, your responsive post is rife with pejorative comments of the precise nature that I complained about. Thank you again for validating my criticism.

7. Several weeks ago, I urged you to cease your passive aggressive rhetoric and, instead, embrace your fellow car enthusiasts. You claimed to agree with my suggestion, but you quickly resumed your wayward ways. Nevertheless, I will renew my prior suggestion. Please cease your campaign of inappropriate and unnecessary disparagement directed at EVO MS, EVO’s customers, me in particular, 6Speed, and other members of 6speed. Instead of denigrating others, try to foster harmony and good will among the members of Rennlist and 6Speed. We all share a common passion . . . lets focus on our commonality, rather than criticizing our differences.

Craig
Old 01-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Craig.
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jean
Alex seems like you are misinformed. But in any case you are not going to debate that MAF's really don't like EVOMS tuning do you ? One thing I will credit EVOMS for sure is how they can mobilize all their resources behind trying to convince people that their regular kits run below 11 seconds..."chapeau bas"!

Between 3-4 cars above there is like... what... 4000HP and all of them doing a 60-130 mph in 3 seconds?

BTW I beat an F16 lightweight and all today but I did not have a video, but boy was it fun!
More unnecessary and counterproductive hyperbole and pejorative comments to fuel the flames and create additional disharmony. At least you are consistent Jean.

Craig
Old 01-27-2006, 08:04 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jean

Jean are you saying Alex lied to Alex? He told me as did Todd on the phone himself that they do not use a MAF on that car. What's wrong with doing that? I agreed with them and considered doing the same thing myself... Good idea. Hats off. If you think I've never talked to todd and cynthia before you're very much mistaken. I've talked to them plenty of times and exchanged help/ideas and info with them. In fact, at the European Car shoot out they were the first people to congratulate me on my runs... We've done up a couple of cars with Protomotive stuff.

Actually I am getting bored of the drama I run what I run and if people don't believe videos or timeslips then that's fine. The GT700 car's we've done with good drivers will do high 10s at 133 or so and who cares? Supras can do 8s @ 180 so big deal really...

My eyes are fully open with regards to this industry and many of the different tuners/aspects and I'm continually learning and my eyes are getting more and more open.

I respect your right to challenge every single EVO-related post and even your opinions and even if you seem to "hate" all things EVO then that's your perogative. That doesn't stop me from reading, learning and sharing info. Do I sell/install their stuff? Absolutely. Have I tried other stuff. Absolutely. Have I made mistakes? Plenty.

You hate the 1/4mile and that's ok. I actually thing it's a silly place for a 996TT to be as well but perhaps I am childish and enjoy taking my POS girlie Tip there. You have a "real" air cooled Porsche but hey.. so do I, it's called a 930

Quick Reply: 6speedonline