Old 01-19-2006, 06:22 PM
dpblessing
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eli at Pelican
The old system was very problematic (buggy) with new users having to wait in excess of 1-3 months to post replies. I understand that most could only post NEW threads but couldn’t even reply to their own.

I heard of others who couldn’t register on the forums and others who could maneuver flawlessly complained about the moderation of the forums….

Hey don’t shoot the messenger, I’m just giving you the feedback which I’ve read over and over and over again…….

Hope this helps,

-Eli
I doubt there is / was anything 'wrong' with the software.
The issues you mention are simple settings within the program.
The delays may have been implemented after 'the one who's name dare not be mentioned' took over the forum...
So, if the forum is set to only allow people to post after an admin individiually 'approves' each, that explains part of the delays.
Most, if not all of the software 'upgrade' improvements, as I understand them, are administrative simplifications, etc., and have little to do with the 'registered user's' experience.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:25 PM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sticky

On rennlist you have a bunch of old men who shake their canes at you and say slow down. When asked how to mod your car these old farts respond with, "Take a driving school, your car has more than enough power, mod the driver." I hope you all break your hips trying to get into your cars, damn some of you old guys are so freaking predictable and boring.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wanted to laugh too Gary but didn't want to be the first...... I think someone here is using their undercover account to post.......

-Eli
Undercover what? I'm sticky on 6speed, sticky on every major german forum, including my own, www.germantechnik.com .

I know how much it costs to run a server, I have been doing it for almost 3 years now without a single sponsor, have been running vb 3 for while now, have more available bandwith while running a faster server, am almost the size of 6speed, and I don't ask my members for anything in return. What they are doing over there is just plain greedy.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:00 PM
M-Phibian
Instructor

On rennlist you have a bunch of old men who shake their canes at you and say slow down. When asked how to mod your car these old farts respond with, "Take a driving school, your car has more than enough power, mod the driver." I hope you all break your hips trying to get into your cars, damn some of you old guys are so freaking predictable and boring.
I almost spit a mouthful of coffee all over my keyboard when I read this.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Red Comet
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Undercover what? I'm sticky on 6speed, sticky on every major german forum, including my own, www.germantechnik.com .

I know how much it costs to run a server, I have been doing it for almost 3 years now without a single sponsor, have been running vb 3 for while now, have more available bandwith while running a faster server, am almost the size of 6speed, and I don't ask my members for anything in return. What they are doing over there is just plain greedy.
I also own/operate a large vBulletin forum (not car related) out of my own pocket, so I'm very aware of the costs involved. I've often wondered where 6speed's sponsor and member money goes...
Old 01-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Comet
I also own/operate a large vBulletin forum (not car related) out of my own pocket, so I'm very aware of the costs involved. I've often wondered where 6speed's sponsor and member money goes...
You are a bright guy, you know exactly where it goes.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:44 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 523 Likes on 348 Posts

Software upgrade.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:44 PM
gney996
Instructor

guys...6speed is online,NOW!!
Old 01-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Mitty
Racer

6Speed admin posts here.

I enjoy all the different forums. I like the different feel I get from them. A nice way to keep the interest going.

-Darren
Old 01-20-2006, 06:02 AM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

One of the funniest comments I've seen.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:56 AM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 31 Posts

The secret is to find a way to reach old age even if you have to use a cane when you get there. Old age and treachery often defeats youth and enthusiam.

Cheers,
Old 01-20-2006, 10:59 AM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

yep - we'll whip those young pups with our canes after we whip them on the track
Old 01-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Johnny V
Instructor

Sticky those are some strong comments on the 2 forums? Is that becuase you are a little jelous becuase your personal forum is so lame ?
Old 01-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dfarrow
yep - we'll whip those young pups with our canes after we whip them on the track
1999 Volvo V70R
Or if that doesn't happen you can run them down with your Volvo when they are parked out in front of Starbucks..... "Did I say that"? No.....

-Eli
Old 01-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Gary (Fl)
Racer

Or if that doesn't happen you can run them down with your Volvo when they are parked out in front of Starbucks..... "Did I say that"? No.....

-Eli
Eli,

Let me know what Starbucks your talking about.. I'll stand in front of that Volvo if it gets me that beautiful yellow 993TT.... Run me down... please...

Quick Reply: 6speedonline