6speedonline

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 04:16 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig.
. Why do the haters listen at all, and for longer than the Stern fans? They want to hear what Stern will say next. I guess the 6Speed haters continue to read 6Speed because they want to read what 6Speed members will say next??????
I think "haters" is far too strong - Your Stern analogy is very good. It is always fun to don the sunglasses (to protect the cornea from "da bling" ) and have a peek at what the big dawgs are torquin about

The relative lack of real critical analysis and debate (a generalisation and not a critisism. Back slapping is good) would IMO always push the reader in search of definative knowledge elsewhere.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:46 PM
BuddyG
Burning Brakes

Received 240 Likes on 118 Posts

In my opinion the ONLY way to say your car is faster than another is to actually line up side by side and race. Even with the almight AX22, runs in different weather conditions, altitudes, etc, etc... will vary the results.

I am and obviously Craig is ready to line up with anyone who wants to back up the smack talk that goes on around here.

So put your funny little accelerometers away and get in your car and let's get it on!

Old 01-28-2006, 08:40 PM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BuddyG
In my opinion the ONLY way to say your car is faster than another is to actually line up side by side and race. Even with the almight AX22, runs in different weather conditions, altitudes, etc, etc... will vary the results.

I am and obviously Craig is ready to line up with anyone who wants to back up the smack talk that goes on around here.

So put your funny little accelerometers away and get in your car and let's get it on!

Isnt it time for another "Turbo shootout"? Does anybody have any connections with European Car or Excellence that could do an article about it?
Old 01-28-2006, 08:44 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by LUISJR993
Isnt it time for another "Turbo shootout"? Does anybody have any connections with European Car or Excellence that could do an article about it?
I did this in 2003 and 2004... none of it ended up as we'd all hoped and planned despite the two articles and I'm not sure I have the energy to be behind one of these again. I'd by all means show up to one but my days of helping to organize them are over
Old 01-28-2006, 09:27 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by BuddyG
In my opinion the ONLY way to say your car is faster than another is to actually line up side by side and race.
Undoubtebly you ARE right and if you want to "rig" a result it would be easy - but with the cost of shipping cars here and there, some of us would like to see a cheaper, believable alternative.

Quick Reply: 6speedonline