Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006 | 08:03 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Originally Posted by Woodster
Wow,
Such a hostile and thin skinned crowd!
Apparently my own brand of sarcasm and humour is not well
rec'd without me being there...blah blah blah...I apoligise for the long and convoluted post but I must state what I feel also. Because many people have now taken shots at me as well, for no reason.
Cheers and heres to more "debate" and future discussions.
Marty, where's the love? I don't think I'm a bit hostile or thin skinned...it is quite obvious you are very sarcastic...which I can accept...any "shots" any one takes at you are deserved as far as I can tell...if you dish it out, you have to be able to take it! But, dude, you really come across as having a serious attitude. Why don't you come off your high horse and treat as others you would like to be treated...try respect (I feel like a parent talking to his teenager). One thing I do agree with...we are all Porsche fans and love our cars...let's try some mutual respect IMHO!
Old 01-29-2006 | 08:09 PM
Toothzilla
Intermediate

I wonder if you could ask Neil if my $500 refund needed to be sent back to Belgium for 3 months before I could get it.
Old 01-29-2006 | 08:18 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Interesting you bring me in to this Marty. What I will tell you is the Porsche community is a very tight group. We know who does what and how. I would never make a statement that can not be backed up by fact. Farther more do not put words in my mouth. I never said Neil was not knowledgeable. I stated some facts about his involvement in the community and in his business. I did not get into this argument earlier nor do I want to now.

Remember this. If the world is against you, you might want to take a look around; the world may not be the issue.
Old 01-29-2006 | 09:08 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Sharkey, in regards to the Neil bashing on 6SPEED: The only thing that I
could add is this: I do know that he (your friend Eddy)
was credited for his
ECU, and this was stated much deeper in that post I believe, I also know
that Neil's hard drive is in Belgim until Monday or so. As soon as it comes back to him, Eddy's ECU will be flashed
back to stock. I do not believe there is much more to it than that is there?
Unfortunately as a result of this post by Eddy, more people will question
what Neil was doing?? :
If you read the thread and the post properly and a few others, he had to "fight" for over a month to get a "Credit" which in this business should be instant. Had he done it at the correct time and not consistantly made Eddie call/Email/beg for over a month then there would be no issue. He is not the first one either, it just keeps happening. In this business if someone requires a refund it takes me all of three seconds to do so. If you were in any of the shoes of the guys that have to bring it 6speeds attention before they even get a refund I'm sure you'd be very "happy", polite or not. I don't even know the reasons why Neil is banned from posting on this forum but that doesn't bode well either. I care VERY much about this community and if that means I have "thin" skin then so be it. I don't like BS, I don't like customers being taken for a ride and as far as your flash goes, I'm happy that you're happy but as I said to you in that other post Eddie had good reasons for not being happy. Also I'm not the one bringing this stuff up- you are and if you're marketing PSI then you might want to check your minions first

Last edited by sharkster; 01-29-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-29-2006 | 09:38 PM
fasteddiett
Cruisin'

thanks Sharkster for spelling my name correctly
Woodster....Neil did indeed credit me back as I stated... It may have been that he was busy... whatever be the case I dont know but it took and while. In any event-> it is done now.... I was not actually aware there was a charge back until a day or two later since someone did it for me. I will agree as I have spoken to Neil many times at this point he seems to be a nice guy.. I have no complaints there. Unfortunately, for whatever be the case my upgrade did not work out to my satisfaction. I have made it pretty clear to Neil that it may or may not have been a PSI realted problem... I just dont have time to diagnose it, nor shold I have to. I never once said is product was not a good product... it just at that time wasnt right for me and I wish him the best of luck. Lets leave it at that.
Now as far as the ecu being returned that should be next day.... pretty simple, again not much room for conversation there. Again, I shouldnt have to spend any of my time figuring out where my parts are or why they arent shipped back...
Old 01-29-2006 | 10:35 PM
Woodster
Drifting

All right guys I am ready (if you are), to get back to my original post
which was congratulating EVOMS 10.4 second run. My questions were
not anything tricky and were mostly answered via Buddy. The car was
lighter than stock, strengthened but stock "type" internals, and a
"one off" type program, I believe. Great run no matter what.
And as I stated before, not what someone would expect to recieve with the
same "off the shelf kit" applied to their car.
Is this clear enough and fair enough? I was trying to
clarify this. I also asked and speculated the boost
pressure that was run to obtain this power. Does
anyone care to answer this? I believe our engines are
designed by Porsche to shut the throttle body down above
1.3 bars. I was curious to see if this run was run with
extremely high boost?
Old 01-29-2006 | 10:44 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

No, the motor had received what all the 800s receive. Studs and rods and pistons, injectors, intake, inlet, TB and intercoolers. That is it. The newer stuff like cams is not in that car. Things to keep it togeher.

The program is the exact same one that is used in all the 800 cars. It is not a 1 off program nor one that ran anything over the normal amount of boost the program is set for. 1.3 bar. You buy the 800 kit you get this same program. Just like what I ran at the shootout, that same program you get if you buy that kit.

The car’s weight is listed in the shootout. I do not recall what it is, yes it was at least 300 lbs less than my car. Then again everyone’s was. I missed the memo to take everything out.
Old 01-29-2006 | 11:52 PM
Craig.
Racer

Originally Posted by PorschePhD
Remember this. If the world is against you, you might want to take a look around; the world may not be the issue.

Craig
Old 01-29-2006 | 11:58 PM
Craig.
Racer

Originally Posted by PorschePhD
No, the motor had received what all the 800s receive. Studs and rods and pistons, injectors, intake, inlet, TB and intercoolers. That is it. The newer stuff like cams is not in that car. Things to keep it togeher.

The program is the exact same one that is used in all the 800 cars. It is not a 1 off program nor one that ran anything over the normal amount of boost the program is set for. 1.3 bar. You buy the 800 kit you get this same program. Just like what I ran at the shootout, that same program you get if you buy that kit.

The car’s weight is listed in the shootout. I do not recall what it is, yes it was at least 300 lbs less than my car. Then again everyone’s was. I missed the memo to take everything out.
I hate to disagree with the Doctor, but I do not think Todd's car has after-market pistons (yet). Rather, I think Todd built that car well over a year ago, before he developed his pistons. As to the intercoolers, I think there are merely GT2s.

Craig
Old 01-29-2006 | 11:59 PM
markski
Racer

Im just wondering how then Sharky runs his car at 28 psi ? he has the gt800
and If Im not mistaken, Craig does as well... at least thats he told me... and they both have the same Program... and both run crazy boost ????
just my humble observation...
Old 01-30-2006 | 12:10 AM
Craig.
Racer

Originally Posted by markski
Im just wondering how then Sharky runs his car at 28 psi ? he has the gt800
and If Im not mistaken, Craig does as well... at least thats he told me... and they both have the same Program... and both run crazy boost ????
just my humble observation...
Sharky runs a one-off program developed specifically for his car. Sharky graciously allowed me to use the same program. We run considerably more boost than the standard GT800 program. That is precisely why I have decided to upgrade my pistons and head gasket . . . I want to further strengthen my engine beyond the rods and head studs that are part of the GT800 package.

Craig
Old 01-30-2006 | 12:12 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

To be honest I would have to check. I thought they opened it back up to change those. I know they did one of the motors and I would swear it was Todd’s.

Call Todd and ask him what boost the car ran. Peak and sustained are two entirely different things. I get a crack up out of these boost numbers. Every large frame turbo is going to peak then fall into boost. Every turbo that we have built on a large frame will do this. Even the k27s on the 930s overshoot. So while the numbers continue to float around keep in mind what is sustained and peak are two totally different things. We never measure a blip on the screen. Overshoot is dependent on some many factors from wastegate design to temperature. My car will over shoot and fall into 1.2-1.3 bar consistently unless the air is really thin on a hot day, then falls short of target.
Old 01-30-2006 | 12:18 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

All right guys I am ready (if you are), to get back to my original post
which was congratulating EVOMS 10.4 second run. My questions were
not anything tricky and were mostly answered via Buddy. The car was
lighter than stock, strengthened but stock "type" internals, and a
"one off" type program, I believe. Great run no matter what.
And as I stated before, not what someone would expect to recieve with the
same "off the shelf kit" applied to their car.
Is this clear enough and fair enough? I was trying to
clarify this. I also asked and speculated the boost
pressure that was run to obtain this power. Does
anyone care to answer this? I believe our engines are
designed by Porsche to shut the throttle body down above
1.3 bars. I was curious to see if this run was run with
extremely high boost?
Just wondering what/if any PSI car has actually run a proper 1/4mile at a track before? I'd be interested in what your 480 does since we already know so many people with the Stage 1-2 run in the 11s....
Old 01-30-2006 | 09:55 AM
Woodster
Drifting

Sharkey,
I said I will run my car in the spring, no big deal.
I am inexperienced like most people and the last time I was at a
drag strip was in 1978 and I was in my 69 Nova SS. I ran in the
low 14's.
Old 01-30-2006 | 11:57 AM
Woodster
Drifting

EVO stage 1, with diverter valves, K&N filter, stock exhuast, 94 octane, 50 degree cool day
Ran a 12.43 @ 117, and a 12.001 @ 117. KPG on rennlist. Very good runs.
Motor Trend, Stock 996TT == 11.92 @ 116
Car and Driver, Stock 996TT == 12.3 @ 116
11.65 @ 126 == I/A stage 2 with Exhuast, 100 cell cats, 100 octane, 55 cool degrees
Divexxtreme on 6speed, (this is the fastest known stage 2 car and is not likely to be reproduced
if someone else purchases the same kit, but I feel it is worthy of mention and is a fantastic run!)
Marty

Quick Reply: Congrats to EVOMS!!