Sponsored by:

giac ,,, unichip have both am impressed

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 12:31 AM
omega
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default giac ,,, unichip have both am impressed

well for a year i ran unichip without a prob.... no ecu lites great performance really a good product until over modded.... rob at ibp auto sport in sacramento got me to try a trial flash giac 91 oct and 100oct. just installed kevins k16s and i have got to say the combo is unreal... had on a mustang with the unichip and was told 530 at the wheels....no dyno after switch to giac 91oct seems about the same as unichip but 100oct on giac is downrite scary, rolling 10 the tires turn overhitting 2nd slight bog and them im really hanging on and pointing and i do mean hangingon can't even think what alex car is like.....any way guess i'm sold on giac guess unichip is great until you hook it up with kevins turbos i'm still impressed..as i drive it more i'm sure it will get slower and i'll need more mods..............
Old 11-12-2005, 01:30 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What stage of kevins turbo do you have? Do you running GIAC stage 3 program? Mine is running EVO stage 2 and I'm planning kevins turbo next spring! 530 at the wheels sounds really good!
Old 11-12-2005, 01:43 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by omega
well for a year i ran unichip without a prob.... no ecu lites great performance really a good product until over modded.... rob at ibp auto sport in sacramento got me to try a trial flash giac 91 oct and 100oct. just installed kevins k16s and i have got to say the combo is unreal... had on a mustang with the unichip and was told 530 at the wheels....no dyno after switch to giac 91oct seems about the same as unichip but 100oct on giac is downrite scary, rolling 10 the tires turn overhitting 2nd slight bog and them im really hanging on and pointing and i do mean hangingon can't even think what alex car is like.....any way guess i'm sold on giac guess unichip is great until you hook it up with kevins turbos i'm still impressed..as i drive it more i'm sure it will get slower and i'll need more mods..............
As I was saying when you came in way back.. if you're going to run Kevin's turbo like I did you _have_ to, let me repeat _have_ to run the Stage III EVO program. You cannot run the simple Stage 1 flash, which is what you have. That is designed for K16 turbos and not K24 or K16/K24 hybrid turbos. It's a more expensive program but you can "upgrade" to it from the standard Stage 1. The upgrade is 1500 but after that you're car will at least have software dialed in for larger K24 or GT1 turbos. Right now you've got the wrong software for the hardware.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:50 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 336 Likes on 224 Posts

Steve you also have the larger headers.. A Stage 1 or Stage 2 Programming won't cut it.. Like Alex just said you need to have at least Stage 3 Programming to mate up with the Stage 2's...
Old 11-12-2005, 03:29 AM
Red Comet
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, the ideal setup would be GIAC Stage 3 or 4 software (I've read both programs are the same, are there seperate GT1 and K24 programs or are those the same also?) + Stage 2 Z/C Turbos + exhaust + ...?

Headers maybe? Ported/polished stock headers, aftermarket headers, ...?

Thanks.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:46 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

This setup is for those that either have a Stage 1 ECU flash or a "stock car" The programming is from a EVO/GIAC dealer, like you said Stage 3 with the Race gas program. Turbochargers can be K24's (not my best choice) GT1's or Stage 2's.. There are many good exhaust systems out there.. I like the SuperSprint (they emailed me with a pre-Thanksgiving sale), Europipe, Fabspeed and so on..
As far as headers are concerned, port-polish your stock units at this level of HP..
Old 11-12-2005, 03:58 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Kevin, with your stage 2 turbo, GIAC stage 3 flash, Ruf exhaust, V-flow. How much HP and TQ i'm looking for?
Old 11-12-2005, 06:33 AM
Kiko
Racer

Kevin,

How much would be a Supersprint then?
Old 11-12-2005, 12:39 PM
omega
Racer

hey guys thanks we talked to giac about the mods and the k16s turbos (kevins) and the dialed me in with this programing it could be correct or not at this point all i know it's very strong except its it's almost like hitting the rev limitor after changeing gears as on hard acc at the first mila sec of each gear will find out mon thanks for the help steve
Old 11-12-2005, 01:17 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

996, without getting into the dyno debate game. On a Mustang 4wheel drive unit, you will see a range between 498-535HP (some people have said that they have had more, but lets drop the highs) at all wheels, the torque was right in there.

Kiki please email me..

Steve, I really think that you have the wrong software Stage..
Old 11-12-2005, 02:58 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by omega
hey guys thanks we talked to giac about the mods and the k16s turbos (kevins) and the dialed me in with this programing it could be correct or not at this point all i know it's very strong except its it's almost like hitting the rev limitor after changeing gears as on hard acc at the first mila sec of each gear will find out mon thanks for the help steve
Steve you absolutely have the wrong program. The stage 1/2 sofware is tuned FOR stock K16 turbos. Plain and simple. You don't have those. You have the equivalent of X50/K24 turbos- hence you NEED the Stage III/IV EVO/GIAC software.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:46 PM
paneraiwatches
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking of upgrading my turbos (stock k24) to Kevin's Zero Clearance, I already have the GIAC flash for the X50, with the stock, pump and race gas file. Filter, exhaust and diverters already installed. Can I just change the Turbo's and use this software, or is it another software upgrade? I purchased my software from a GIAC dealer, but I keep seeing the software refered to as EVO/GIAC stage III. Is the stage III just the X50/GT2 file? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:49 PM
omega
Racer

hey abyone know what a giac 3x program is ??????????
Old 11-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Find a Evo Dealer like Stephen or Alex and purchase there Stage 3 programming. Anyone that has previous GIAC or EVO programming will get a credit for existing programming.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:26 PM
omega
Racer

kevin does stage 3 giac work or does it have to be evo????????? alex is days drive,,,,,

Quick Reply: giac ,,, unichip have both am impressed