Sponsored by:

Cargraphic EXPORT Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 10:08 AM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 128 Posts
Default Cargraphic EXPORT Exhaust

Anybody have this please; whats the reasonance like ?
Old 07-03-2005, 10:58 AM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

I have the cargraphic. i don't know how many models they make, but mine is the quiet version. The reasonance is very low you can talk and listen the radio if you'd like. At full acceleration, the exhaust sounds deep and rich. I had the fabspeed, too loud at 2K-2.5Krpms.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:23 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

the cargraphic export is on the loud side esp at cold start up and with moderate resonance. another issue is if your suspension is lowered the exhaust cannisters have a tendency to bottom out and scrape over speed bumps. the build quality isn't as top-notch as ruf of euro.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:20 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The CG is a very quality exhaust that produces real gains. The resonance is little to none and the cost is better than the likes of RUF which is a modified factory muffler not proven to make gains. We have sold the quiet to loud and they are all a great sounding exhaust for the money. Ask Jim. He was concerned about the noise. I made a promise to him that I knew I could keep!
Old 07-04-2005, 12:24 AM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

strange I had the cargraphic orginally and had the opposite results. the ruf made much more noticeable torque esp through through the mid range. the cargraphic has much more drone resonance than the ruf. the ruf is almost near stock when idle and normal driving but when at full throttle has a much different pitch. shades of F1! will post sound clip if I can find the one Jack had.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:28 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Not sure how long ago you bought yours but we started selling them in the last year or so and they have been pretty good with no issues.

Sorry, all the dynos we have ever run on the RUF have lost power across the board. I will post or fax dyno sheets if you request. The RUF is a factory modified muffler so I hope the build quality is good. Then again many have complained that the packing burned out over time and have sold the exhaust as many have with other brands due to noise.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:31 AM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

stephan, I remember seeing those, Richard maybe interested in seeing. My results have been the opposite. Not sure about the new ones but it seems like the construction was not that great, esp the wields. Construction wise they are in a different league.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:34 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

I would put one on my car if that says anything.

Those are not the only dynos I have. They carry a large amount of back pressure compared to the others on the market and are restrictive. Like I said the hard data has proven different If you have hard data that shows other you should certainly post it.

Most of the exhaust out there make some gains. There are only a handful that net zero or a loss.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:57 AM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

If you wouldn't put one on that means some thing! I guess Ruf shouldn't either, how ever I wonder why if his exhaust lost power why he continues to use this design? Ruf engineering is top-notch and he doesn't seem to comprimise in design and performance. I'm sure if he has had the same results he would not continue with his design.

Anyways, Richards question was orginally about resonance. You have to atleast agree the Ruf has less resonance.

Sorry, I guess Jack has moved on. I can't seem to find his excellent sound clips of the Ruf.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:09 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

I know not all of their systems use that muffler. So while it may work with some it was not something I would use or sell. The back pressure was too high and shows great restrictions. This was shown in the chart when the system would get hot the air would thin enough to move through. I had some talks with the engineers that called after the testing. They too agreed that something was wrong. I never heard back from them as promised so assume that nothing has changed. Keep in mind that it is not their design. It is a modified factory muffler. We make them here in house as well. If you can tig the quality will be as high since little is done from the outside.

Yes, less resonance for sure. But you have to be careful explaining what is less. Jim is sensitive to the resonance and agrees that the CG has little to none. Others think the FS moderated is quiet and so on. The problem with talking about noise is it subjective. I believe that Richard would like the CG and it proves to be quiet and deliverer gains for apx 1800.00 less than the Ruf piece.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:12 AM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

I am also sensitive to the resonance the Cargraphic export would give headahes and made me feel nausous.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:16 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Like I said, it is subjective. Some think Europipe is too loud, RUF is too loud. Personally If I can hear the blower on the low speed at 2500 RPM and I can carry in a conversion in the car and my boys can still take a nap and talk to me it is good!
Old 07-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

No comparison to me the Ruf has much less drone and resonance. Hands down. Might be subjective if you happen to be deaf!
Old 07-04-2005, 01:28 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 337 Likes on 233 Posts

Oak,

I think this is the link you were looking for....

Jacks RUF exhaust at WOT
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook
Old 07-04-2005, 06:37 AM
Kiko
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WTF!!!? What was that?? It sounded like an F-16 on take off!

Quick Reply: Cargraphic EXPORT Exhaust