Sponsored by:

New Nav Disks Rec'd Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 01:48 AM
mmcmilla
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Nav Disks Rec'd Yesterday

Got a nice letter and new 2005 Nav disks from Porsche yesterday for my 04 TT. The Porsche letter accompanying the disks said that there had been some enhancements to the maps and nav system, and Porsche was providing them as a courtesy to 03/04 PCM owners. I love free stuff.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Tse-Tse
Instructor

DO you lose all your addressess that you already have recorded? Home, recent locations etc.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:17 PM
mmcmilla
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tse-Tse
DO you lose all your addressess that you already have recorded? Home, recent locations etc.
No. The letter and NavTech materials that came with the disk didn't mention that there would be some sort of software upgrade, but when I plopped the new disk in, the PCM displayed a software upgrade message and a common % complete bar, like you see when loading something in Windows on your computer. At that point, I was a tad worried that the upgrade would erase my memorized locations, but everything was preserved.

The PCM update took about 4-5 minutes (when the progress bar didn't move for a minute or two I was worried that it had "hung" and I was tempted to turn the system on and off, but I'm glad I just waited patiently). When done, everything worked fine -- I haven't noticed any functionality changes, so I don't know exactly what the new disks do better. The letter only says there were some improvements and added digitized streets and locations.

When done, I checked the software version (MENU + TRIP), and it was still listed as the same Version 3.0 as before the upgrade.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Tse-Tse
Instructor

Interesting. Thanks for the update. (I'll know what to expect).
Old 05-21-2005, 08:34 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Got mine also.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:23 PM
jessejames
Instructor

I got a letter today from PNA saying that my dealer has the 'new' discs for my vehicle. My selling dealer is Chambers Boston < IMO the worst of any dealer regardless of brand/maufacturer>. I went to Clair Boston. They have been super and professional...and course they did not have the discs for the upgrade...prolly at the C word.

I called PNA and they referred me to Rietzl Porsche on the south shore <I've bought a few vehciles there>. "Come on down. The upgrade will take about an hour or less."

Prefect service and I have three <3> discs...just thought I'd pass on the good info on another professional dealer and the 3 rather than 2 discs available.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:59 PM
Robert in Potom
Intermediate

Three disks standard now - U.S. divided into three, rather than two segments. I also was wondering what was upraded in the system - I have not noticed any difference.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:06 AM
greyghost
Instructor

Got mine too. Fills in alot of gaps and updates the look of all the roads on my daily commute. A nice revision.

Quick Reply: New Nav Disks Rec'd Yesterday