Europipe Stage II loud installed today

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 11:07 PM
sal
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Europipe Stage II loud installed today

I just had the Europipe SII loud installed today. What a piece of jewelery this exhaust is. All the techs at the dealer were amazed with the build quality. And what a great group of people to work with at Europipe. Ordered it one day received it 3 days later from Belgium. the sound is great , low rumblely, and agressive when you open it up. Much better throttle response. I am so glad I waited and did the research. They are expensive but they look like they were made with the car.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Rad22
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

sal...How about highway speed? 70-90 mph at partial throttle. Any resonance? I recently went back to stock exhaust after a trip to Va. from NC with EVO stage II pipes. Worst headache you can imagine. Researchng alternatives.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:39 AM
Tom in San Diego
Track Day

Was there any particular reason why you went w/the loud vs quiet? I tested a tt w/the quiet and it sounded great. Is the loud louder? or just a different sound? Also, anybody have the Cargrahic exhaust? Any problem w/resonance?
Old 04-07-2005, 12:54 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by Rad22
sal...How about highway speed? 70-90 mph at partial throttle. Any resonance? I recently went back to stock exhaust after a trip to Va. from NC with EVO stage II pipes. Worst headache you can imagine. Researchng alternatives.
No headaches here. When under partial throttle between 2200-2500 rpm, my EP 2 Loud is a little "louder" than it is at other rpms at the same throttle positon, but I personally don't consider it resonance; it really depends on the individual though.

I really like my EP 2 Loud, but honestly, I wish it were even a little louder.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:45 AM
sal
Addict
Rennlist Member

It is a deep throaty rumble, louder at lower rpms and less on the highways at cruise speed.I debated for several weeks over Loud versus quiet and chose the loud . I had Porsche Sport Exhaust on a previous car and don't find this any louder just a lower deeper sound. I don't find any true resonance , I guess it all depends on the person. I have heard the Quiet version and it is also fantastic. Stef at Europipe told me after time the Quiet gets a little louder and the Loud pretty much will stay the same. For me right now the loud was the right choice. It is not so loud at normal driving that it is a neighborhood nuisance. Whichever choice this exhaust from build quality to fit is the best for a car like ours.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:15 AM
Bob M
Instructor

Has anyone been able to compare the Fabspeed exhaust (louder version of the two) to the Europipe loud exhaust? I just wondered what the difference was?
Old 04-07-2005, 10:12 AM
sal
Addict
Rennlist Member

In my opinion only, I stress that because i don't want the flaming to start, the Fabspeed is louder and more agressive. The Europipe is a more low rumble without the "raspyness". Also in my opinion the build quality is not comparable, in my opinion only.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Tom in San Diego
Track Day

I have heard both the Fabspeed and europipie quiet and Sal is absolutely dead on with the comparison.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:06 PM
nash
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Has anyone got a sound clip of the Europipe Quiet?
Old 04-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Tom in San Diego
Track Day

Nash, sound clips are okay but it won't give you a true feeling of the sound inside the cabin or what it sounds like when you are driving. Contact your local P club and test one that has one already installed.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:18 PM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sal
I just had the Europipe SII loud installed today. What a piece of jewelery this exhaust is. All the techs at the dealer were amazed with the build quality. And what a great group of people to work with at Europipe. Ordered it one day received it 3 days later from Belgium. the sound is great , low rumblely, and agressive when you open it up. Much better throttle response. I am so glad I waited and did the research. They are expensive but they look like they were made with the car.
Way to go!
Old 04-07-2005, 08:01 PM
nash
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tom in San Diego
Nash, sound clips are okay but it won't give you a true feeling of the sound inside the cabin or what it sounds like when you are driving. Contact your local P club and test one that has one already installed.
True enough. There are some exhausts that I've written off based on sound clips (I can tell right away if it's not the tone/loudness that I want). But you're right, it's always best to go for a ride. I'm currently thinking of either the AWE or the Europipe Quiet. I like quieter exhausts and the most important characteristic to me is no resonance - and AWE seems to have hit that mark.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Dr. T
Instructor

I really like my AWE. I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:24 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 49 Posts

I have Europipe stage II quiet and love it. The loud version is 3 -7 db's louder than the quiet and the quiet 1 - 3 db louder than stock across the rev range. Check out sound clips on europipe's website @ www.europipe.be. They also have db comparison to stock and loud versus quite in their tech section(my numbers are from memory, so they might be a little off).

I have heard AWE as well and it is also a nice system. AWE is lighter that stock while Europipe is a only a few pounds lighter.

I did a lot of research and have not found a single Europipe buyer who has been disappointed. The build quality and the customer service are unbelievable.

JCM

Last edited by supercup; 04-07-2005 at 09:29 PM. Reason: added web site address
Old 04-07-2005, 11:21 PM
omega
Racer

have ld it is great europipe has to be the best sound no rez have 86 t also which is for sale have ghl and a smig aggresive at mid rpms 01tt epipe is great steve

Quick Reply: Europipe Stage II loud installed today