Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

996 TT boost sensor location ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 12:10 AM
Turbo-Kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 996 TT boost sensor location ?

Looking for some one that might help me locate which sensor on the motor reads the boost level on my 03 turbo. I've installed billet pop off valves, exhaust and a upsolute program, the computer randomly kicks off a over boost code which sends the ecu into a limp mode. Once the code is cleared, the car roars again.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:46 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 341 Likes on 227 Posts

The boost sensor won't help you fix the problem. You need to send the ECU back to Rene and have him re-adjust the "boost mapping" What is happening is you are over-boosting in an area of the ECU mapping, and it is not often only at the top end of the RPM scale or at max boost. You can have this situation occur if you are running crap gas, and you exceed the map specs for boost/RPM/timing/knock..

Regardless, you will have to get it reprogrammed. Now if you are exceeding 1.3 bars of boost, then you are snapping the throttle-body shut. The fix would be to adjust your wastegates..
Old 10-12-2004, 12:00 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Kevin is spot on here. Also FWIW the MAT is also the boost sensor. They are a film coated sensor in the Y pipe.

Quick Reply: 996 TT boost sensor location ?