Sponsored by:

Polar Express

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 08:42 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Received 212 Likes on 147 Posts
Default Polar Express

OK, I managed to obtain a Turbo. Finally got a chance to go and get her.

Cleaned her up today, and will be going through her as time permits.

The following 5 users liked this post by SSDVC:
Asmig (04-28-2024), Carlo_Carrera (04-28-2024), Dock (04-29-2024), jpflip (04-29-2024), Nzo (04-29-2024)
Old 04-28-2024, 08:45 PM
Asmig
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Very nice, specs? Looks like carbon brakes, Turbo S?
Old 04-28-2024, 08:55 PM
Scrh1
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 94 Posts

Congrats and welcome to this corner of rennlist !
Old 04-28-2024, 09:42 PM
vtec_
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 68 Posts

nice! those brakes look interesting.

Are you in the 'quiet corner' of CT (NE CT) ?

Old 04-29-2024, 12:22 AM
theprf
Race Car

Received 1,658 Likes on 1,055 Posts

Congrats! You will get much worse gas mileage (reference your post on the other forum) because boost is addictive.
Old 04-29-2024, 07:13 AM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Asmig
Very nice, specs? Looks like carbon brakes, Turbo S?
She is a 2004 X50 car with PCCB's. Oh, and she is a Tip and has some mods done by "By Design". Fast doesn't begin to describe her.
Originally Posted by vtec_
nice! those brakes look interesting.
PCCB's
Are you in the 'quiet corner' of CT (NE CT) ?
Yes
Originally Posted by theprf
Congrats! You will get much worse gas mileage (reference your post on the other forum) because boost is addictive.
Lots of mods by "By Design". Hard to keep my foot out of it, but since the price of 93 octane is getting stupid again, I am going to try like hell not to engage Warp Speed.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:43 AM
QwikKotaTX
Pro

Received 117 Likes on 81 Posts

Congrats. I was just asking my friend if he thought my car would fit on the Uhaul trailer he rented like that one. Guess I have my answer.
Old 04-29-2024, 10:22 AM
vtec_
Pro

Originally Posted by SSDVC

Lots of mods by "By Design". Hard to keep my foot out of it, but since the price of 93 octane is getting stupid again, I am going to try like hell not to engage Warp Speed.
Ah, the joys of watching the gas gauge drop in real time! Seems to be an issue with every turbo car!

Do you know if it has the stock k24s or were they upgraded? Bet it pulls hard all the way to redline!
Old 04-29-2024, 01:38 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,916 Likes on 2,976 Posts

Congrats, nice color!

Be curious to know what Sam did to it...
Old 04-29-2024, 08:31 PM
Lazurus
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

A great looking car. Congratulations!
Old 04-29-2024, 08:43 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

I reached out to Sam and he got back to me very quickly. He remembered the car, as it was one of the first they ever did, but since their move years ago, some records didn't make it. He did say it was a stage 4 car (still trying to find out what that means), but what I know so far is, at the least, she has K24 GT2 hybrid turbos, upgraded injectors, billet diverters, upgraded intercoolers, FabSpeed GT2 Exhaust (Drone, Drone, Drone) and a Promotive tune. From what Sam told me, she was supposed to have some sort of Cobb Turning dongle, but I don't have it. Contacting PO to see if he has it.

Hardly any records conveyed , but I am trying to contact the previous owner before the one that I purchased the car from. I like paperwork !
Old 04-29-2024, 09:31 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 927 Likes on 566 Posts

Hey buddy, it was nice chatting with you and congratulations on the car! She’s a beauty! Looks like it’s got a really nice set up and I remember speaking with the original customer. I have emails from 2015. But that was so long ago and the parts were put on it. Probably a shop local to him so that would be the invoice we are looking for. Otherwise, sounds like she’s solid and I wouldn’t put anything less than 93 octane in there anyhow if it’s available to you. Stage four is basically intercoolers, exhaust filter, IPD, some level of fueling which in this case looks like a five bar regulator. Usually a clutch, which is probably why it lasted so long and our 68 mm turbo upgrade. One of the first we did with Cobb that’s right around when the port came out for this car!

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
The following users liked this post:
SSDVC (04-30-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 12:22 AM
vtec_
Pro

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Hey buddy, it was nice chatting with you and congratulations on the car! She’s a beauty! Looks like it’s got a really nice set up and I remember speaking with the original customer. I have emails from 2015. But that was so long ago and the parts were put on it. Probably a shop local to him so that would be the invoice we are looking for. Otherwise, sounds like she’s solid and I wouldn’t put anything less than 93 octane in there anyhow if it’s available to you. Stage four is basically intercoolers, exhaust filter, IPD, some level of fueling which in this case looks like a five bar regulator. Usually a clutch, which is probably why it lasted so long and our 68 mm turbo upgrade. One of the first we did with Cobb that’s right around when the port came out for this car!
It has the best transmission offered by Porsche, IMO..the tiptronic
Old 04-30-2024, 06:48 AM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vtec_
Ah, the joys of watching the gas gauge drop in real time! Seems to be an issue with every turbo car!

Do you know if it has the stock k24s or were they upgraded? Bet it pulls hard all the way to redline!
Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
Congrats, nice color!

Be curious to know what Sam did to it...
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Thanks for weighing in Sam, and thanks for the back and forth. The car is a keeper and outside of some maintenance (and maybe an exhaust), I won't be doing anything to it. Already found and filled up on 93 Octane. Damn, that stuff is getting expensive !!

And yes vtec, I love this car AND it's power because it is a Tip. RPM's climb so fast it would be hard to stay on the power and not jump over the redline. With the Tip, no worries.
Old 04-30-2024, 02:34 PM
KC-CarGuy
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 78 Posts

Polar Express.... great name for the car.
The following users liked this post:
SSDVC (04-30-2024)

Quick Reply: Polar Express