Sponsored by:

Clutch Dept Qs

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2023, 11:39 PM
Tito 911
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lazurus
Reading thaat you also note that you've had 911's before, I suspect you'd "know" but it's possible that as noted by others upthread, it might well simply be that you are getting used to the quirky differences in the LWFW v the stock and far quieter DMFW. I've heard some fairly off putting LWFW "chatter" before, and can easily imagine someone with little experience with them, believing that the rattle at idle, although mitigated once the clutch is engaged could be signalling an issue with internal clutch parts. So, if it's not affecting the drivebaility of the car. I'll wish you an early Happy X'mas and hope that you indeed, have nothing major to worry about. Clutch work that involves either dropping the box or either dropping the entire motor ( some techs don't want to fiddle with re-installing the clutch fork so they drop the whole motor ) is never cheap, if you are not able to DIY it. So again, Good Luck and for now. Don't worry about it and your Bello friend will surely put eyes and ears on it. So you're good!
Indeed. I'm coming from a 88 911 carrera single turbo that was making 736.8rwhp I worked on that thing for 25 years so for sure I'm on the early stages of learning a 2002 platform, maybe I"m just paranoid, from center iron disk, to composite to solid pucks I had my fair share, but this is so civilized. The learning curve lol.

Quick Reply: Clutch Dept Qs