Sponsored by:

NavTech Update Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 01:08 PM
kwsmith6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NavTech Update Problems

I had my 04 Turbo Cab and 03 Turbo Cayenne updated to PCM II 3.0. I then called NavTech to get the newest maps. They asked for dealer number or location. They looked up the dealer and said they would ship them to the dealer. Now they are lost. NavTech shipped them, someone signed for them at the dealership, but there is no one at the dealership with that name. NavTech says too bad, I should have had them shipped to my house, not the dealership. I had to give NavTech my home address so that they could charge my credit card. The dealership says they did not order them, and NavTech will not even let them order a new set. I should have insisted that they were shipped to my house. I am out $430 for the two sets. Frankly I think Porsche has a crummy system for updates. I had a BMW and I got regular updates. I can forgive them on the Turbo Cab, but not on the Cayenne, which is my daily driver.

How did everyone else get the new disks? If you order them from NavTech make sure they send them to you, not your dealership.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:12 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

I ogt one update for my 01TT for free from Porsche directly....
Not sure on my 03 though as I have not gotten any updates yet...
Old 04-20-2004, 04:51 PM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

What is the newest version available for PCM I?

I am under the impression that they are still using 2001 discs.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:36 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

There were new discs released in January of 04. I purchased the set, but the information for my hometown is no better. AS
Old 04-21-2004, 12:32 PM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

Just called Navtech (now called Navteq), and they said that 2001 is the newest disc available for the PCM I.

If you are saying that there is a newer disc compatible with PCM I, then please give us the part number!

Old 04-21-2004, 01:21 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

2001....nope, no new roads built since 2001 so no need for update
Navs got a racket there (IMHO)......pretty much the same issue w/ getting different region discs for my AMG.......and of course, discs for one do not work in the other.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:53 PM
drafting
Instructor

Default Re: NavTech Update Problems

Originally posted by kwsmith6
I am out $430 for the two sets.
Kevin, if you charged them and did not receive them is there any reason that you don't simply bounce the charges off of your card? A simple telephone call and a backup letter of complaint to your card's bank is all that it would take. fwiw.....

Jeff
Old 04-21-2004, 11:41 PM
kwsmith6
Intermediate

It maybe a problem with FEDEX, because the driver left it outside. FEDEX is reviewing it, but I think I will also have AMEX investigate the charges. It seems that Navteq uses a shipping service that did not put the complete address of the dealership on the label. I ordered another disk, and Navteq was completely different this time. Navteq did not even ask the dealer's name, just my name and address for shipping. Hopefully I will get it tomorrow.

Quick Reply: NavTech Update Problems