Sponsored by:

Question on Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2024, 08:24 AM
FL Cracker
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Softronic tune

I just had my turbo tuned by Softronic and it was easy and quick to do. My car pulls twice as hard as it used to even in the upper rpm’s, through all the gears. I would suggest looking into Softronics as I think their tune will give you more bhp and torque then other tunes.
Old 08-08-2024, 03:40 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 336 Likes on 224 Posts

Right now, fuel quality and octane should be "our" top consideration. As a community we are not getting the fuel quality that we are paying for.
Every owner should be datalogging your your ignition timing, injector duty and knock retard.
This engine has the ability to pull up to 14 to 15 degrees of timing to protect itself.
These protections include increasing the fueling richness when 10 degrees of timing retard is needed.
Many tunes are running near 95% duty cycle when everything is normal. However, with tunes running higher than stock timing maps, and fuel octane "less" than 93 there is risk.
Higher knock retard is present which causes the injector duty to go over 100%. Engine goes lean and you trash your rod bearings.

We do NOT have the fuel that was available in the 2000's.. Texas has the best fuel overall, there are a few other states that have pretty good fuel.
If your car is stock and running California 91 with temps over 85, you most likely have 8 degrees of knock retard, and if your spark plug gaps are past 0.040" you most likely are seeing 10 go 12 degrees.

Regardless of your tuner. I would strongly encourage everyone to datalog and check your fuel/knock/injector duty.

Old 08-08-2024, 03:50 PM
vtec_
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
Right now, fuel quality and octane should be "our" top consideration. As a community we are not getting the fuel quality that we are paying for.
Every owner should be datalogging your your ignition timing, injector duty and knock retard.
This engine has the ability to pull up to 14 to 15 degrees of timing to protect itself.
These protections include increasing the fueling richness when 10 degrees of timing retard is needed.
Many tunes are running near 95% duty cycle when everything is normal. However, with tunes running higher than stock timing maps, and fuel octane "less" than 93 there is risk.
Higher knock retard is present which causes the injector duty to go over 100%. Engine goes lean and you trash your rod bearings.

We do NOT have the fuel that was available in the 2000's.. Texas has the best fuel overall, there are a few other states that have pretty good fuel.
If your car is stock and running California 91 with temps over 85, you most likely have 8 degrees of knock retard, and if your spark plug gaps are past 0.040" you most likely are seeing 10 go 12 degrees.

Regardless of your tuner. I would strongly encourage everyone to datalog and check your fuel/knock/injector duty.

Does this apply to 93 as well in terms of fuel quality?

Is this the correct logging parameter in Durametric?

Corr. factor for BPC with knock control
Old 08-08-2024, 04:05 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 336 Likes on 224 Posts

Yes, it applies for 93 octane, especially your winter blend.
You need datalogging with high sample rates 25 lines per second with all the sensor values AND individual cylinder 1 thru 6 knock retard

Quick Reply: Question on Tuning