Sponsored by:

DE tire check in

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 11:41 AM
SOS
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Mtrboatvr6
I prefer the feel to the AD08Rs (quick response)..
One of the things I really love, and is rarely mentioned, is the high sidewall stiffness of the AD08R. This gives the quick response, less rollover (a big deal if you're tracking your street car), and a stiffer ride. The A048R also has a very stiff sidewall so I'm hoping that Yoko keeps the trend going here.

How would you compare the A052 sidewall stiffness compared to the AD08R?

Old 03-19-2019, 11:54 AM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 993GT
Falken's are a great tire but if the Yoko's have decent longevity I know what I'm running from now on... the directional stability/response is light years better, my only complaint of the Falkens
I think everyone appreciates your real world feedback, thanks again Rob. As I'm now ready to replace my AD08Rs, I've been looking at Falkens. I'm not tracking my car, so I don't need a tire as aggressive as the A052s, but I won't be happy with commuter tires either.

Based on your experiences, would you recommend the Falkens over PS2s for spirited canyon running? The Michelins seem to run a little bigger, but since I'm on 18x11s I'm thinking the 315/30 RTK615+ will be a great fit. I'm at stock ride height so I'm planning on 245/40s up front.

-Sean
Old 03-19-2019, 12:14 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 575 Likes on 353 Posts

Thanks! Falkens have served me well, too many set to count now lol...great all-round tire, good when cold and doesn't completely fall off at track either, does well in rain too.
Only complaint of the rt615k/+ is the sidewall takes a moment to set on turn-in/transitions, doesn't lose grip/effect performance but does have a delay...PS2 is a nice tire but very old and ultimate grip isn't there (actually have set on my e90 currently)...the new compound Pzero Rosso (no red sidewall logo) is a wicked bang-for-buck and real sticky on street but don't track them hard at all or they fall off hard
245/315 rt615k+ is a good one and should be no issue fitment wise on correct offsets

Originally Posted by Road King
I think everyone appreciates your real world feedback, thanks again Rob. As I'm now ready to replace my AD08Rs, I've been looking at Falkens. I'm not tracking my car, so I don't need a tire as aggressive as the A052s, but I won't be happy with commuter tires either.

Based on your experiences, would you recommend the Falkens over PS2s for spirited canyon running? The Michelins seem to run a little bigger, but since I'm on 18x11s I'm thinking the 315/30 RTK615+ will be a great fit. I'm at stock ride height so I'm planning on 245/40s up front.

-Sean
Old 03-19-2019, 02:02 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,191 Likes on 3,170 Posts

I am not a fan of the Pirelli's; I had a set on my F10M5CP and I replaced the rear in 12kms. I also found they were absolutely *** in the wet. I replaced them with the PS3s and they were notably better, however I cannot wait to try the PS4s, which I love on the 991.2 Turbo S...

Maybe, if we all collectively ganged up on Michelin, they would produce the PS4 for us, along with some 18" (245/315) cup tires...?
Old 03-19-2019, 02:08 PM
Mtrboatvr6
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SOS
One of the things I really love, and is rarely mentioned, is the high sidewall stiffness of the AD08R. This gives the quick response, less rollover (a big deal if you're tracking your street car), and a stiffer ride. The A048R also has a very stiff sidewall so I'm hoping that Yoko keeps the trend going here.

How would you compare the A052 sidewall stiffness compared to the AD08R?
I felt like the AD052s ride a little softer on the street however I dont think I would attribute it to sidewalls not being as stiff as the AD08R. I am with you, that is a characteristic I look for in sidewall as its very important at AutoX to be able to get the car turned in and at its edge quickly. If you like the AD08R, you will like the AD052s better. With the only exception I find so far potential tread wear being less.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:47 AM
etchhead
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Nittos mounted and fit nicely- look forward to getting these on and the Euro seats.

Quick Reply: DE tire check in