Sponsored by:

Owner's Manual

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 11:18 PM
996tts
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owner's Manual

I purchased a 996 Turbo S a while back, only to discover that it lacked the owner's manual. My question is - did the Turbo S have a dedicated book or was it the same as the Turbo? The same question applies to the folder it came in, whether this had specific Turbo S branding or not.

I'd like to buy one, if possible, before they get unobtainable and/or stupidly expensive. Any idea how much they might cost would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:37 PM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tts
I purchased a 996 Turbo S a while back, only to discover that it lacked the owner's manual. My question is - did the Turbo S have a dedicated book or was it the same as the Turbo? The same question applies to the folder it came in, whether this had specific Turbo S branding or not.

I'd like to buy one, if possible, before they get unobtainable and/or stupidly expensive. Any idea how much they might cost would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Congrats on the purchase! This might sound like a dumb question but did you check under the carpet in the frunk? I didn't think mine came with one either until I found it along with a bunch of other items and tools stashed under the moveable carpet.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:54 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tts

Thanks in advance.
the "s" is "special" but not "special" enough for a dedicated manual. in actuality, it's only "special" in terms of its "relative" rarity and its being the last of the 996 turbo iteration. as long as you understand what bits you have on the "s" that aren't standard? all else is the same, so any 996 turbo manual will advise you properly.

it's only gonna $ "hurt" if and when you replace the pccb rotors lol. i've seen owners manuals pop up on eBay from time to time. enjoy the car.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:13 PM
PorscheTuga911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 12-12-2018, 03:10 PM
T Kono
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 87 Posts

$249.95??? Just order a reprint from Porsche......$30

https://www.suncoastparts.com/mm5/me...de=GTTTManuals
Old 12-12-2018, 09:26 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,722 Likes on 1,463 Posts

The inexpensive factory reprints are great.... Identical other than the print date. T

Lots more detail on the owner manual reprints in this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turb...-reprints.html
Old 12-12-2018, 09:29 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,722 Likes on 1,463 Posts

Here's a copy of my last post in that thread comparing the original vs reprint manuals... My original manual had some water damage so I ordered a reprint.

Originally Posted by pfbz
Reprint Owners Manual seem to be virtually identical... Same paper, same quality, same content. I also thought the pictures looked a bit faded, but then when comparing to the original, they also lacked much punch in the images. If anything, the new manual had slightly more color than the original, but probably just due to age of the original.

The only difference I could find is the text on page two; "Printed in Germany" vs. "Reprinted in Germany 07/2015". I suppose if it was a $5M collector car, that might actually make a difference, but on our Turbo's, not so much.

Couldn't ask for any more for $32 shipped. Why on earth anyone would spend $160 for the manual on ebay is beyond me...

Old 12-14-2018, 04:37 PM
mk31755
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a couple extra original ones at home. Name a fair price and it's yours. Do you have the carrier for all the pamphlets? I have a few extra pieces that went in the glove compartment folder. You can email me at mk31755@aol.com. I'll let you know what I have and as long as you are reasonable the manuals are yours. MK

Quick Reply: Owner's Manual