Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED 2001 996 TT Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2018 | 02:44 PM
norspec
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
the silver piece is whats left of the clutch fork rod ear. the rod goes thru and seats into the belhousing. that unit is toast. norspec dismantling in washinton state has a 996tt that they are parting out and its a manual
Thank you for the shoutout.

We have 3 996tt cars with manual transmission, but each transmission is sold and a line of about 5 customers waiting for the next one.
Old 06-07-2018 | 04:53 PM
nerdtalker
Rennlist Member

I bought a transmission from norspec that is being installed on Tuesday of next week. If you're interested you can buy and rebuild the transmission I'm taking out of the car. It just needs a new pinion bearing, or so I've been told. It howls on the highway but shifts great. Otherwise I'm going go rebuild and store for when my other turbo inevitably also grenades its transmission since the G96/50 seems to be made of glass.
Old 06-07-2018 | 06:21 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nerdtalker
If you're interested you can buy and rebuild the transmission I'm taking out of the car. It just needs a new pinion bearing, or so I've been told. It howls on the highway but shifts great.
How many miles are on this transmission?
Old 06-07-2018 | 06:23 PM
32krazy!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JWILLI
It always amazes me what I see on this forum. I will have to check this out. I assume you have to disconnect those fluid lines outside the bell housing and have a mess doing so?
not at all. i have a line long enough to drop the trans on the floor without disconnecting anything. the top line is the bleeder line and not connected to anything but the bleeder at the end of the line. triple disc metallic clucth that hamdles 900 ft/lbs of torque. engages like stock
Old 06-07-2018 | 07:31 PM
nerdtalker
Rennlist Member

110k miles on that transmission.
Old 06-08-2018 | 09:08 AM
NoogaSparrow
Pro

110k miles on that transmission.
But the housing is all he needs so that would be a great option for the OP. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's so simple to swap out that housing as it's a large cast... may be quicker to just get a reputable welder repair it?

@OP I would suggest this, as long as he doesn't try to bend you over and is close. Shipping can be a bear...
Old 06-08-2018 | 09:45 AM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

I bought a transmission from norspec that is being installed on Tuesday of next week. If you're interested you can buy and rebuild the transmission I'm taking out of the car. It just needs a new pinion bearing, or so I've been told. It howls on the highway but shifts great. Otherwise I'm going go rebuild and store for when my other turbo inevitably also grenades its transmission since the G96/50 seems to be made of glass.
i'm interested, i'm up in walnut creek
Old 06-08-2018 | 02:39 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

T Kono >> high mileage= over 100K
Old 06-11-2018 | 06:56 PM
nbressette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
not at all. i have a line long enough to drop the trans on the floor without disconnecting anything. the top line is the bleeder line and not connected to anything but the bleeder at the end of the line. triple disc metallic clucth that hamdles 900 ft/lbs of torque. engages like stock
Just put a tilton in a trans swap I did on a BRZ, first time using one. I was blown away at how smooth it made the clutch pedal. Install was a breeze as well.

Did you have to install a clutch stop to prevent over-extending the bearing?
Old 06-12-2018 | 01:17 AM
32krazy!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nbressette
Just put a tilton in a trans swap I did on a BRZ, first time using one. I was blown away at how smooth it made the clutch pedal. Install was a breeze as well.

Did you have to install a clutch stop to prevent over-extending the bearing?
yes i have a rss clutch pedal stop. srm also makes a billet m/c that has an adjustable rod to take the place of the clutch stop if you want to have a rebuildable m/c

Quick Reply: NEED 2001 996 TT Transmission