Sponsored by:

Quick GT3 seat question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 01:53 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

FWIW, mine is set up like the factory in spite of my six point harnesses. When I use the harness I have to plug in the 3 point belt anyway to stop the bloody chime. I guess it's like belt and suspenders. The 02 GT2 does not ring a chime if the regular seat belt is not attached. It sets a red light on the dash which can be cancelled with the stalk. The 04 GT3 will ring the chime if the 3 point belt is not plugged inand cannot be cancelled with the computer stalk. I wonder if this is dealer programmable? If I used the belts outside the holes, I suppose I could plug it in behind the seat. For street use the 3 pointers are more comfortable and secure passing through the holes in the seat I think.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:10 AM
CKarras
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
FWIW, mine is set up like the factory in spite of my six point harnesses. When I use the harness I have to plug in the 3 point belt anyway to stop the bloody chime. I guess it's like belt and suspenders. The 02 GT2 does not ring a chime if the regular seat belt is not attached. It sets a red light on the dash which can be cancelled with the stalk. The 04 GT3 will ring the chime if the 3 point belt is not plugged inand cannot be cancelled with the computer stalk. I wonder if this is dealer programmable? If I used the belts outside the holes, I suppose I could plug it in behind the seat. For street use the 3 pointers are more comfortable and secure passing through the holes in the seat I think.
Any definitive word on how to route the belts? Sounds like through the holes in the GT3 seat, but better to attach at the floor to the chassis than the seat?

How about the chimes? Is that dealer programmable or is there some way to cancel it?
Old 10-08-2004, 12:28 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CKarras
Any definitive word on how to route the belts? Sounds like through the holes in the GT3 seat, but better to attach at the floor to the chassis than the seat?
Yes and Yes. Through the holes in the seats and attach to the floor/chassis where the belts were originally affixed too with the stocker seats. I believe that's how most people do it that are not using 5/6 point harness systems.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:00 AM
CKarras
Advanced

Originally Posted by rockitman
I believe that's how most people do it that are not using 5/6 point harness systems.
And people also using a harness? It's track use that will push me to GT3 seats so I'll have a harness, too. Sounds like those using a harness route the stock belts around the seat, just like it was the stock seat.

About those chimes?
Old 10-08-2004, 01:04 AM
Captain
Track Day

The dealer can reprogram to kill the chimes.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:06 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CKarras
And people also using a harness? It's track use that will push me to GT3 seats so I'll have a harness, too. Sounds like those using a harness route the stock belts around the seat, just like it was the stock seat.

About those chimes?
Yes...that would be the case if harness use would be a common occurrence. Can't help you on the chime. I have not gone with harnesses yet. Perhaps the stock belt can be wrapped behind the seat to the recepticle. I doubt it can be de-programmed by the dealer.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:11 AM
Captain
Track Day

Had mine reprogrammed 2 weeks ago. The noise drove me nuts.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:37 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Captain
Had mine reprogrammed 2 weeks ago. The noise drove me nuts.
What about the light???
Old 10-08-2004, 01:47 AM
Captain
Track Day

After reprogramming, you still get 7 dings and then no more chiming. You can pull the control stalk toward you before the 7th chime and shut it up immediately.

However, the anoying light remains on to remind you that you should either put the harness on, or you are already wearing it, just in case you are about to test the properties of a rear engine car with a whole stack of torque in 2nd gear (not unlike that poor soul in the silver GT3 photos posted here).

There may be a way to override the light, but we're already WAY past my engineering capabilities (duct tape strategically placed?).
Old 10-08-2004, 01:19 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 901 Likes on 544 Posts

I remember finding the damned chime box under the dash of my dad's 944 and just removing (unplugging) it. Would it be that hard to find under the dash and just removing? Don't have harnesses so I haven't had to worry about it yet... maybe they make it harder now since that was nearly 20 years ago!!
Old 10-08-2004, 11:05 PM
gtdrei
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eliminate chimes and Light - HW upgrade

I got a seat belt tab from a junkyard. Any late model (>99) Porsche, VW, Audi part will do. The dealer claimed the chime and light could not be reprogrammed. The tab does both.

Robin
Old 10-11-2004, 03:13 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Further confirmation on the stock setup [tongue firmly in cheek]: I just got the "Hot Wheels" brand 1:18 model of the GT3. It has the European GT3 seats and bright red 3-point belts routed through the holes in the seats. The lower part of the belts also seem to be attached to the seat, not the chassis.

For me, I'll get 5- or 6-point belts at the same time as the GT3 seats, in the Spring, and see if the 3-point belt will route this way (but with the attachment to the chassis) without interferring with the 3-point belts.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:33 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

I've put them through the lap belt hole when I've installed them simply because the primary use of these cars is street use. Why have the 3 pt. belt rub the nice $2k seat and mess it up when you can put it right there with the 5 pt.?

Just my $0.02
Old 10-11-2004, 03:36 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

quick question ,didn't want to start a new thread about this,

if i order a GT3 with deviating stitching inside, and i eventually get GT3 seats, where do i get GT3 seats with factory deviating stiching? Gert?
Old 10-11-2004, 03:52 PM
dld
Racer

Moogle,
I recently emailed Gert with this very question, and his response was:
"It is only possible to have deviating stitching as a factory option. It can't be ordered or done afterwards."

So I guess that means going straight to the factory??

- dld

Quick Reply: Quick GT3 seat question.