Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Tech Equip Roll Bar Install

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 11:00 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

View of roll bar and seat head rest. I don't see the seat collapsing or tipping over backwards....Looks adequately supported to me....fyi

Last edited by rockitman; 09-19-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:36 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thing about being that close is that your rollbar supports at least the top part of your seat well. The bad part is that your head doesn't have to go up and back much to nail the rollbar. Think about the scenario where you get rear-ended by a truck that pushes the car forward and down. Now imagine that you have about 1" of slack in your belt and 1" of stretch and your body goes back and up a little - does your head hit the rollbar? That's my dilemma. I have the GT3 seat and it supports my head pretty well but a little up and back and I imagine my head is hitting my rollbar. Guess I'll do some more experimenting before I do it. I'm probably going to get the Das bar anyway - looks more supportive/structural and easy to remove. A major hassle though still as much as I go to the track...

Happy Thanksgiving all (at least to all the Americans )
Old 11-27-2003, 12:09 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Hey Bob, the roll bar top is deceptive in that picture. It angles away from the seat towards the rear of the car. The harness bar cross member is closer to the seat. I am feeling pretty comfortable about the safety issue at this point. You can't protect yourself against every kind of crash scenario...I feel safer in a T-Bone hit since the side of the car will be more supported from being crushed inward at the side pilar due to the roll bar front legs being mounted there. Porsche did their homework with this. The Clubsport comes with a roll bar and it is set up the same way. The only difference is an additional diagonal cross member running opposite to the one on my bar...
Old 11-27-2003, 09:24 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

When you sit in the seat does your noggin extend above the top edge of the seat?
It would be interesting to see the same photo with your torso planted in the seat for clarification.
Old 11-27-2003, 05:42 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by MJones
When you sit in the seat does your noggin extend above the top edge of the seat?
It would be interesting to see the same photo with your torso planted in the seat for clarification.
Noggen does not extend extend far enough to allow my head to go beyond the headrest...I'm 6'8".

Last edited by rockitman; 09-19-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-27-2003, 08:40 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks about like me - I'm still undecided about mine - I guess I'll go out to the garage and reguage it

Quick Reply: Porsche Tech Equip Roll Bar Install