PCCB Arbitration Results

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 10:02 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Colm, Les

Thanks for the confirmation of what I expect to be the result. It makes way more sense than what has been discussed here.

Regards,
Old 01-27-2004, 10:35 PM
macfly
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob, please do keep us informed, as this thread has made me very nervous about buying a new car without reading the small print in the warranty first. I certainly would have asked for written confirmation that the car would be covered for my DE and track days before handing over my cash had I spotted this first. (I don't race, and am actually very easy on my cars at the track, I just enjoy being smooth and consistent.)

I hope that PNA will honor your claim, and I am happy to read of the other owners who have been taken car of with their warranty claims. I do need to regain some faith in PNA, as some of the earlier parts of this thread certainly made them look like the 'bad guys'.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:46 PM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have hairline cracks in my front rotors, but according to BEv. Hills service dept. they are fine. Any thoughts? The brakes don't give me any problems I had the car there for an oil change, so I asked that they check them out.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Bass GT3
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Guy's,

to put all this into context, i think if you have a valid claim, Porsche will not leave you hanging in the breeze. If you really do cane the living daylights out of it, well then, what do you expect. Buy a race car and see what kind of warranty you get. I have a Mk1 GT3 which as well as being 4 years old, is fairly heavily modified, with new ECU, exhaust, suspension, bigger Porsche brakes ect. My local dealer KNOWS i track this car, the telltale being 2.5deg camber all round and the Michelin cup tyres i think, and he has no problems honouring the warranty. I dont even have it serviced there!! My A/C has just gone MIA and the response? No problem, bring it in.
I think we have to accept the reponsibilities of our actions, and if we plan to charge around a track all day, which is a hughly demanding enviroment for ANY car, then we must accept the consequences. As the saying goes, speed costs, how fast can you afford to go?
For example, Cup cars need constant rebuilds and they run for maybe 40 hours per season. We run our cars for 10k/15K miles per year AND track them, so to expect PCCB to be a never ending brake system is a little unfair. Also, ask yourself why Cup cars dont run PCCB? Cost? why, it would be a fantastic showcase for the technology so that can't be the answer. as Porsche supply all the cars to start with, you would think they would make it part of the package.
This may sound harsh, but i do believe some people here have unreasonable expectations of PCCB on the track, because as we all know, nothing lasts forever. I am also hearing that Porsche will be bringing the price of the PCCB rotors into the region where they can be classed as consumables, so it might just turn out alright after all

Keep it real...... Stick to steel!!

Best Regards,

Steve B
Old 01-29-2004, 09:26 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

Dear Stick to Steel and Tally Ho of Tunbridge Wells:

How dare you bring English common sense to the matter. The colonials are enjoying their victim mentality and sense of entitlement, and you pommy b.st.rd come in here and spoil the whining.

Simply Applauding at Malibu
Old 01-30-2004, 03:57 AM
Bass GT3
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Watt,

Sorry, i totally forgot my place in the food chain here. I will return to the subjects i know, such as crappy weather, the glorious Empire and tiger hunting in the Raj with the chaps from my former regiment, the 3rd Foot and Mouth Brigade, Queens Regiment.

Yours, suitably chastened,

Steve B

HOORAHH for Harry, England and Saint George!!
Old 01-30-2004, 05:39 AM
Mr. RS
Instructor

Originally posted by Bass GT3
Watt,

Sorry, i totally forgot my place in the food chain here. I will return to the subjects i know, such as crappy weather, the glorious Empire and tiger hunting in the Raj with the chaps from my former regiment, the 3rd Foot and Mouth Brigade, Queens Regiment.

Yours, suitably chastened,

Steve B

HOORAHH for Harry, England and Saint George!!
What ever you do, don't mention Mc Donalds drive ins.....

Old 01-30-2004, 12:22 PM
wch
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

"If you really do cane the living daylights out of it, well then, what do you expect. Buy a race car and see what kind of warranty you get."

Amen. Hard truth no one wants to hear; in the US, we prefer to sue someone.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:58 PM
macfly
Three Wheelin'

Or maybe we just want to be able to live the dream.

The dream that there really is a sports car capable enough to drive every day, to take to the track to have some fun with, and that is made well enough that it can do all this within it design perameters.

I don't want to sue anybody, I just want to buy a machine that is able to do everything I ask of it without breaking. I'm not asking it to race, I'd buy a race car if I was, but doing DE and lapping days at the track certainly comes under what I call 'sports driving'. I expect a car sold as an 'ultimate sports car' and showcased being flung around Leipzig with gay abandon, to be able to deal with my relatively gentle, but speedy, uses.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:40 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Macfly,

It'll do what you ask, all day long and then some..mine does.

If you can keep your pulse rate below 140, then you're probably not abusing the car or yourself..but check with your mechanic and doctor
Old 01-30-2004, 01:40 PM
wch
Rennlist Member

"doing DE and lapping days at the track certainly comes under what I call 'sports driving'"

Here is where I think we disagree. I feel that once you take to the track, all bets are off. No matter how sporty the street car, I am not surprised or disappointed to have to find I have to modify it, and greatly increase maintenance of it, for track use, even the occasional DE and lapping day.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:57 PM
macfly
Three Wheelin'

I feel that once you take to the track, all bets are off.
Here indeed we disagree, a car that is publicly shown on the website at Leipzig, and has it ability at the ring trumpeted about is a car I expect to be able to take to the track.

No matter how sporty the street car, I am not surprised or disappointed to have to find I have to modify it,
In general I agree with you, again I feel the GT3 should stand apart. Remember, I'm not talking racing here, just DE and lapping days, which is what I call sports driving.

and greatly increase maintenance of it, for track use, even the occasional DE and lapping day.
No question, I always give every machine I own a full fluid flush every 5000 miles, and at that time I have every single thing on it checked. I am more than happy to pay for a 'mega service' on my own schedule to make sure my considerable investment stays in tip top condition. To be honest I have always been wary of the long service intervals that we are told is all a modern car needs, but I think every 5K is pretty reasonable, don't you?

It'll do what you ask, all day long and then some..mine does.
If you can keep your pulse rate below 140, then you're probably not abusing the car or yourself..but check with your mechanic and doctor

Now that's what I wanted to hear!!
Old 01-30-2004, 02:53 PM
wch
Rennlist Member

Macfly, one thing you and I definitely agree on, is that in the GT3 you own what is probably the best street track car in production - except maybe for the GT3RS. Enjoy.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:45 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Guys,

I agree with Colm - I have been tracking my Porsches for twenty years. The cars stand up to it without a problem. That's why I am so loyal to the brand.

I also agree with WCH - track use does tend to wear out the consumable parts more quickly. With steel rotors, it is not unusual for me to replace them every two years and I don't complain. The issue is and has been from the outset based on rotors which cost roughly 12 times more than steel rotors yet do not last as long. Something is wrong with this picture.
I have faith in Porsche's willingness to stand behind their products. I am sure that they are working hard with their suppliers to come up with a fix for the problem and that soon we'll be given either steel rotors or a imporved ceramic rotor which provides the durability to justify its cost.

Best,

Bob
Old 01-30-2004, 10:13 PM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Porsche,

We are all waiting.....

Last edited by 0396; 01-31-2004 at 08:38 AM.

Quick Reply: PCCB Arbitration Results