Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 01:36 PM
clord
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3 OBDII/DME Fault P1266

Cross Post from RennTech.org:
GT3 DME Fault Memory Code P1266 Function Monitoring Fuel Shut-Off.
The car stops and does not respond to the throttle...may or may not idle. Check engine light on, and OBC advises you to proceed directly to your Porsche Service Facility.......that is, if the thing will run at all.
I am aware of two '04 US GT3's that have had this fault. PCNA first recommended replacing the DME. I learned yesterday that the fault reoccurred after DME replacement.
Anyone else with experience or knowledge of this failure mode?
Old 10-30-2003, 04:34 PM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks.
Ringmeister from Funcars online i think had a similar prob recur again recently.
Old 10-31-2003, 03:47 PM
Upnorth
Track Day

I had a similar fault. This was during a long climb up a mountain pass in Northern Italy (Stelvio). We climbed about 2500metres (8000feet) very quickly on continuous hairpins. The climb has about 45 hairpins, on about the 40th, the car just stopped, the engine idled but there was no throttle control. All the other symptoms were as the first posting.

After turning off the ignition, waiting a bit, the engine restarted ok and we looked around for our nearest dealer. There wasn't one on the top of this mountain, so off we went. The dealer we went to was in Monaco. They said that the fault was to do with the oxygen sensor being confused at our rate of climb and it probably wouldn't happen again!!

It hasn't, but there again we haven't been up such a steep and high pass since. In fact my wife has said that if we ever go near such a pass again she's leaving me!
Old 10-31-2003, 04:10 PM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

Upnorth: Interesting. There was a post on Funcarsonline from lrattner who did tourist delivery on his GT3 and mentioned a power loss driving on the Stelvio Pass. I don't think he's mentioned a repeat incident though.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:17 PM
Upnorth
Track Day

Steve in FL,

Thanks for your post. Sounds like Irattner had exactly the same problem as me. He was on the Stelvio in early June, we were there on June 22. Sounds like Porsche need to add the Stelvio Pass to their testing sites.

Out of interest what does ACPORD mean after GT3 in your signature?

Mike
Old 10-31-2003, 06:42 PM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

Upnorth: ACPORD is the status code for PCNA has accepted my order and I have a pro forma invoice with a tracking number. The next step is having a production number assigned but I've got a March '04 allocation so it'll be a couple of months before I get there. Details on the various status codes can be found at: http://www.986faq.com/3-0/default.asp
Old 11-07-2003, 01:31 PM
clord
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cross Post from RennTech:
I just heard from my dealer who just heard from the regional PCNA tech rep.
He says that PAG/Germany is aware of the DME/OBDII P1266 Fault and failure mode. Further they know what is causing it and how to fix it in the DME software. A fix is in the works.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:26 AM
clord
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cross Post from RennTech:
Porsche has made a change to some code in the DMEs of my car and the other car of which I am aware that have had this particular fault code, P1266. A new, pre-programmed DME arrived at my dealership Friday and was swapped into my car. PAG intends to incorporate the fix into the next release of GT3 DME code distributed by CD to those with PST2 subscriptions. When that code is installed in my dealer's PST2, PCNA has asked that my original DME be re-installed in my car and the updated code re-flashed into the original from the PST2. That way, all my engine history data in my original DME will stay with the car. Thanks to PAG and PCNA for addressing this.

Quick Reply: GT3 OBDII/DME Fault P1266