Sponsored by:

GT3 "heel and toe"?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 11:30 PM
yongster
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3 "heel and toe"?

Is it me, or are the pedals on the GT3 not set up for "heel and toe". (Maybe I just need to wear a wider right shoe???).
Old 09-05-2003, 12:05 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Pedal set-up is the same as on the rest of the 996 model line.
Place the ball of your foot on the brake pedal and depress
then roll your foot right to blip the throtle.
It's quite simple
Old 09-05-2003, 12:47 AM
Karl S
Burning Brakes

I actually find it easier in the GT3 than in my 996. I had to get a Wings pedal for my 996 but the stock pedals work fine for me in the GT3. I have size 11's, so that may help.

Karl
Old 09-05-2003, 02:44 AM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

I find the pedals perfectly placed for heel & toe shifting - very intuitive.

I think it's just you.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:48 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

Maybe it's a difference in driver dimensions.

I'm 6'4", and wear 36" inseam trousers. There is nothing intuitive about the lower console competing with my right calf for space. The resulting difficulty of trying to rock my foot sideways while not banging my knee into the steering wheel, or requiring a double jointed ankle, is one of the things that led me to Tiptronic in my TT.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:19 AM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

W8MM, why don't you get the GT3 console delete mod? It's cheap and it works. You'll lose some valuable storage space in that lower centre console but it's worth it. I'm 6'3" with a 35" inseam and I can get by without it but am really considering it for track use.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:39 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Alon,

I assume you mean this contraption:

I looked at it with much interest, but the new '04 TT Cab I have on order has PCM II as standard, and I don't think it will work out for me. Otherwise, I agree that it would be the perfect solution.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:48 AM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

6'4" here...35" inseam. I had the center console delete in my C2, it does make a big difference in how you can position your leg for heel and toe. However, if you have some options located in that position... you are pretty much stuck.

Old 09-05-2003, 09:55 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sloth,

How did you fit in the C-GT? The one I sat in at Geneva seemed pretty good in the pedal department.

I've been dieing to find a wide seat option to try my back side in, as well as maybe the -10mm seat pad thickness option.

Any C-GT seat fit gossip?
Old 09-05-2003, 10:48 AM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by W8MM
Sloth,

How did you fit in the C-GT? The one I sat in at Geneva seemed pretty good in the pedal department.

I've been dieing to find a wide seat option to try my back side in, as well as maybe the -10mm seat pad thickness option.

Any C-GT seat fit gossip?
Mike, I did not notice any problems for myself as far as fitting into the seat and having enough room (36" waist). My father (6" and a bit wider in the shoulders ) was also considering the wider seat option. However, he has since dismissed it as he had no problem with the standard seats. The seats seemed to be about the same as the GT3 seats, so look for those if you want some comparison. If there is any question as far as those go, then I would go for the wider seat. As far as the lowered seat option, I have it in my GT3. At my height I like to be as low down as possible. Getting in and out from the drivers seat is a bit of a balet for larger folks as the wheel tends to get in the way and the car sits so low. I am sure with practice egress could be made much more graceful.

From what they said they will be doing more CGT exhibitions. Perhaps you can get yourself signed up for a later date. Once there you may be able to do a test fit as they will soon be in production. The Porsche people in Leipzig were very accomodating and might be willing to assist you with your request.

Hope this helps...

By the way... your products have saved me many times over the years and continue to do so. Thanks and keep up the excellent work!

Old 09-05-2003, 10:52 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sloth, thanks for the kind words about my day job.

How do you find the -10mm seats for comfort over bumps; compared to the regular seats in your 996? I'm a little worried that road jolts might find a more direct route to my **** if the padding were slimmed down.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:13 AM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

I tend to think the tight suspension will beat you up more than the lowered seat. 10mm is not really a huge difference (roughly 3/8 of an inch), but every little bit helps I am sure. I do not feel that the lowered seats contribute to any feeling of harshness in my GT3... even after a 100 mile trip home from the dealer.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:24 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the applied judgment, Sloth. Your eyewitness testimony is a great comfort for my anxieties. I hate buying a "pig in a poke".

I'll look into your previous suggestion of attending an upcoming Leipzig fun-fest. Especially if I can get PCNA (or PAG) to warm up to the seat fitment idea --> BEFORE I get on the airplane. (I have to sit in the big seats on long flights. I bet you do, too.)

I find this board especially helpful because there are so many posters (you can take a bow) that are generous with their time AND have BTDT.

Quick Reply: GT3 "heel and toe"?