Thats the new 380HP one, the old 360HP GT3 did 7.56
Whats the time for the 993RS?
Old 11-18-2003, 05:08 AM
SteveD
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Competitors to the GT3

Originally posted by rockitman
If your looking for your BMW daily affirmation, I think you are posting on the wrong board mate. The tone of this thread title and your careless response to me warranted my second response... I am sure the BMW touring coup is a nice car, but it certainly does not spank a GT3...Good Day!!!
And vice-versa my friend

I didn't name this thread, just replied to it as did you. Someone that feels the need to be condescending to others clearly shows their own vulnerability and weakness. I really have no idea why you keep bleating on about how superior the GT3 is, I have one too remember...

Clearly you're entitled to your own opinion but since it's not based on first-hand experience, it's a little bit incomplete. But hey, you go for it, if it's that important to believe then who am I to burst your 'comfort' bubble
Old 11-18-2003, 09:27 AM
ADOGNY
Racer

Yeah leave the guy alone.. The October issue of EVO was actually more impressed with the Impreza Spec C than the M3 CSL. It all comes down to preference and brand loyalty I guess, but there is no denying the GT3 is much faster than the CSL. I think a test on the same day with the same tires would prove that to be true as well.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:28 AM
ADOGNY
Racer

And Rockitman - "Daily Affirmation"? You sound like Stuart Smalley..
Old 11-18-2003, 10:31 AM
Roygarth
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by ADOGNY
but there is no denying the GT3 is much faster than the CSL. I think a test on the same day with the same tires would prove that to be true as well.
I think it would prove that the GT3 is 'very slightly' faster!
Old 11-18-2003, 05:35 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No disrespect intended SteveD...Your point is well taken. I have not driven the Beemer, so as you say, my judgement is incomplete. I think the two cars need to face off with the same tires, same driver, same day, same track and the truth will come out. I would put my money on the GT3 by a comfortable margin, if I was a betting man. Take care...

Last edited by rockitman; 11-18-2003 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:46 PM
johnfm
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bill

Tiff is no longer on Top Gear (BBC programme). Tiff has moved (as most others) to Fifth Gear (on Channel 5).

The Gallardo time of Top Gear was something special. A VERY wet track it was 3 seconds faster. This in a lap of 1 min 24 sec! Thats 3 seconds in a lap of less than 90!!! VEry impressive, but as the others said, so it should be for £120k. I think a GT3 with £45k of mods would probably be much quicker again!
Old 11-18-2003, 06:45 PM
Mr. RS
Instructor

Still think the real test is going to be RS Vs CS Vs CSL.

All track biased cars with something to prove, all with "special" rubber.

Bring it on!!

P.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:47 PM
Mr. RS
Instructor

Default Johns GT3

John,

Have you managed to find a GT3CS yet?

If not I may know where there is a silver one for sale, let me know.

Are you going to the shin dig on the 24th? Hopefully I will make it along, I will make sure to come and say Hi if I make it.

Regards

P.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:58 PM
Madcaplaughs
Advanced

Default Re: GT3 spanked by the M3 CSL

Originally posted by TB993tt
Respected German mag Sport Auto just did their Supertest on the new M3 CSL and used the new GT3 for comparison.
The GT3 was faster 0-200kph, but in every other area compared it was behind, even in the braking department
The summary, by way of a points system was that the M3 CSL was the better car in this category
The standard M3 CSL fitment of Michelin Pilot Cups may count for much of the advantage - its a pity they didn't put a set on the GT3 to eliminate that variable.
You are so very funny, I wet myself laughing. You had me in tears. The M3 CSL a better car than the GT3!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you know anymore jokes?
Old 11-19-2003, 12:40 AM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahh..I'd forgotten that the BBC had dismissed the Top Gear class....allowing them to decamp to 5th Gear...

Which reminds me that..watching Nikki Butler-Henderson exploit any vehicle was always...how should i put this....ah yes...a treat. :-D
Old 11-19-2003, 04:36 AM
Madcaplaughs
Advanced

Originally posted by johnfm
Bill

Tiff is no longer on Top Gear (BBC programme). Tiff has moved (as most others) to Fifth Gear (on Channel 5).

The Gallardo time of Top Gear was something special. A VERY wet track it was 3 seconds faster. This in a lap of 1 min 24 sec! Thats 3 seconds in a lap of less than 90!!! VEry impressive, but as the others said, so it should be for £120k. I think a GT3 with £45k of mods would probably be much quicker again!
The Top Gear show stated that the Porsche Turbo " just can't keep up with the pace of the Gallardo" Yet in their own Top Gear magazine they have tested both cars and the Porsche is quicker both to 62MPH and 100MPH?

As for the Gallardo beating the GT3 time round the track, well the GT3 runs on road tyres that comprimise its performance on the track. I am not sure what tyres the Gallardo had on but the wet conditions favoured its four wheel drive set up. I suspect the GT3 would be much faster in the dry, but the Gallardo not a lot faster in the dry.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:19 AM
Roygarth
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Madcaplaughs
I suspect the GT3 would be much faster in the dry, but the Gallardo not a lot faster in the dry.
But which car would be faster in the dry?
Old 11-19-2003, 10:27 AM
SteveD
Track Day

Originally posted by rockitman
No disrespect intended SteveD...Your point is well taken. I have not driven the Beemer, so as you say, my judgement is incomplete. I think the two cars need to face off with the same tires, same driver, same day, same track and the truth will come out. I would put my money on the GT3 by a comfortable margin, if I was a betting man. Take care...
Hi rockitman, I too suspect that the GT3 (2004) would be faster, it seems to have produced consistently quicker acceleration times in every test and I'm sure all those track miles performed by GT3 Cup cars around the world will have counted for something. There's nothing in it between the series 1 GT3 and the CSL in acceleration however (based on my ownership experience), but we're not talking about the difference here between a good car and a poor one. They're both very good cars, but one of them is just that bit more well developed (i.e. GT3).

I hope to be attending the shin dig as Mr. RS refers to it at Snetterton on the 24th, so make up your own mind those of you who will be there too.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:44 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts
Default Re: Re: GT3 spanked by the M3 CSL

Originally posted by Madcaplaughs
You are so very funny, I wet myself laughing. You had me in tears. The M3 CSL a better car than the GT3!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you know anymore jokes?
Madcaplaughs
I was merely pointing out what respected German Mag "Sport Auto" said in their "Supertest" for the benefit of those of you who may not be able to get hold of a copy.- I have not driven an M3 CSL so cannot comment

Quick Reply: GT3 spanked by the M3 CSL