Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving without seat cushion?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 12:57 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

we try to keep it technical Mike. It helps incase people search later.

LOL
Old 04-14-2013, 06:31 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, I am still mounting it to the sliders. So taking them out is definition an option, although I prefer to be able to slide it back. Makes getting in and out easier!

I am already running the BK side mounts.

But yeah, I tried the seat at autoX today without the cushion and felt fine. It is a little bit stiff for sure but seems to be okay. Will find out tomorrow what it is like in DE environment.

Originally Posted by Atgani
Lots of options. Had you bought a Cobra seat, they do a whole range of varying seat cushions in varying thicknesses.

If you don't need the adjustibility of the sliders, (and indeed if they're fitted) remove them.

Other mounting options here :

http://www.bkauto.com/category_s/196.htm
Old 04-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Bailey-86-MA
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been thinking of doing this as well with my GT3 Euro seats to be better connected. Don't need the headroom as I'm only 5'7". My only concern is that my shoulders drop well below the openings in the seatback where my harness comes through. I wear a HANS. I did call HMS Motorsport and was told the position of my shoulders is ok but not ideal. I have Cobra seats in the race car and may try removing the cushion or going with the thinner option.

Quick Reply: Driving without seat cushion?