Sound is really great!

Greets Ben
Old 05-26-2013, 07:07 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fbirch
Sounds great! How is the in-car volume?
Other then it sounds a lot better inside I didn't notice it sounding any louder then the stock system when driving casual. Obviously if you step on it and let it rev the volume will be really good (loud). I drove to Tremblant since my trailer wasn't home, thats a 2.5 hour drive one way and my Wife was with me. I was concerned about the volume for her sake so I asked her a few times on the trip and she told me she didn't notice it being much louder. It sounds fantastic under load though on the track!
Old 05-26-2013, 07:10 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Passed Sound Check at Tremblant

I forgot to mention one very important aspect of this exhaust. It passed sound check at Tremblant. The Weather conditions during the 3 days on the track at Tremblant were overcast with low clouds. These conditions make the sound test even harder to pass. The sound check person moved around the track during the course of the 3 days and I was not shy to let her rip going right by the sound check revving up to 8000 RPM.

To give you some perspective on the level of sound, when a 997 GT3 RS would pass me on the front straight my Wife said she couldn't even here my car it would get drowned by the sound of that car.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:04 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 337 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by cavlino
Other then it sounds a lot better inside I didn't notice it sounding any louder then the stock system when driving casual. Obviously if you step on it and let it rev the volume will be really good (loud). I drove to Tremblant since my trailer wasn't home, thats a 2.5 hour drive one way and my Wife was with me. I was concerned about the volume for her sake so I asked her a few times on the trip and she told me she didn't notice it being much louder. It sounds fantastic under load though on the track!
Originally Posted by cavlino
I forgot to mention one very important aspect of this exhaust. It passed sound check at Tremblant. The Weather conditions during the 3 days on the track at Tremblant were overcast with low clouds. These conditions make the sound test even harder to pass. The sound check person moved around the track during the course of the 3 days and I was not shy to let her rip going right by the sound check revving up to 8000 RPM.

To give you some perspective on the level of sound, when a 997 GT3 RS would pass me on the front straight my Wife said she couldn't even here my car it would get drowned by the sound of that car.
Hi Carm,

This is great news! I have several people that wanted to know if our system woud pass Trembant, so I guess the answer is "yes" - thanks for sharing that with us. I'm very pleased to hear that and glad you had a safe & successful outing at the track!
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook

Quick Reply: Exhaust Options (mufflers)???