Sponsored by:

TRACK DAY COTA

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRACK DAY COTA

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. MVP announced last Friday night that they have secured the first dates for what I think is the first driving event at COTA less than 60 days after the true greats of F1 ran this very same asphalt. What a great opportunity on February 1,2,3. and yes I signed up Yesterday. Who else is going to be there?
Old 12-02-2012, 05:30 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 454 Posts

I'll be there and there are a couple of threads on the 7GT3 forum.

Peter
Old 12-02-2012, 05:42 PM
justaguy
Rennlist Member

What's the weather like in Austin in February? Who's hosting the event? Any idea on cost for the three days?
Old 12-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

MVP Track Time is hosting they are on the web. Cost is 850 for a small group setting on three days. Usually dry temps are all over the place but most local clubs start their season on 1 February down here. Today it was 78 at the Track 90 miles from Austin and COTA.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:43 PM
justaguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vonschmidt
MVP Track Time is hosting they are on the web. Cost is 850 for a small group setting on three days. Usually dry temps are all over the place but most local clubs start their season on 1 February down here. Today it was 78 at the Track 90 miles from Austin and COTA.
Nice! Minus 15 here today but it's not snowing so not too unbearable.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

There is a reason we live in Texas. Of course come August you a much better off. Come on down and thaw out. Little
Old 12-03-2012, 02:08 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking into this tomorrow, hope there is still room left. Would love to drive COTA. Went for the F1 race and immensely impressed.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Email address is feffman@yahoo.com
Good luck. Have you driven the new track at NOLA?
Old 12-03-2012, 04:30 PM
jazzyfunkykool
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Von,

Do I just email that email address you posted to see about getting into this event?
Old 12-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Yes he will respond. You might also look online they were supposed to post it for the public today. However I would still email.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Doh!, too late!, site closed for that event. I had some work related items soroundng those dates and I took too long to confirm that I could still make it, Maybe next time.

Von, to answer your question about NOLA, no I have not been there yet. It seems every time there is an event I have something else I can't get out of to participate. Frustrating really as the track is only 1:50 minutes from my home. The event you went to, my car was not finished yet and was still waiting on parts to arrive so I had to miss it. There is another event on Dec. 29th?(need to confirm) that I am finally going to get to check it out. I can't wait.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rovman
Doh!, too late!, site closed for that event. I had some work related items soroundng those dates and I took too long to confirm that I could still make it, Maybe next time.

Von, to answer your question about NOLA, no I have not been there yet. It seems every time there is an event I have something else I can't get out of to participate. Frustrating really as the track is only 1:50 minutes from my home. The event you went to, my car was not finished yet and was still waiting on parts to arrive so I had to miss it. There is another event on Dec. 29th?(need to confirm) that I am finally going to get to check it out. I can't wait.
I think that event is a one day job, good but I would suggest a two day event tracks run better the second day.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vonschmidt
I think that event is a one day job, good but I would suggest a two day event tracks run better the second day.
Agreed, but I am so anxious to get back on the track. You see my car has been in the shop for a good while. I had all the water/coolant line fittings on the engine welded, while the engine and tranny were out, I took advantage and did many other things as well. Pulled LSD and had Gaurd rebuild the LSD, New LWFW and New clutch/pressure plate, New rear seal, New LW crank Pulley, all new water lines, new water pump, new plugs, wires, and coils, new engine and tranny mounts(solid), new Cup car shift cables, new fuel lines, fuel filter, install new custom exhaust. Basically anything that they see the car may need while everything is easily accessible, do it. Not to mention, full fluid change/flush for everything on the car.

After all that, re-corner balance and re-align the car again. So, with all that done, I am very anxious to get back in the seat. Especially to drive a new track. Granted, I will be spending most of the time, checking to make sure everything on the car is 100% again before I really start pushing. The shop that did the work will be there for support as well, so that will be a benefit should something need a little tweaking.

So in essence, I will use that one day event as a shake down for the car and get her ready for next years events.

Last edited by Rovman; 12-04-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Forgot an item
Old 12-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Sounds great and a good use of a track especially if you have support to make setup changes right there. Good luck
Old 12-06-2012, 06:27 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 454 Posts

IN Blue group for a Blue car

Peter

Quick Reply: TRACK DAY COTA