Sponsored by:

GoPro Hero2 / Traqmate

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 04:53 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts
Default GoPro Hero2 / Traqmate

I did a few initial tests using my GoPro Hero2 with integration to my Traqmate and it looks very promissing. The video is outstanding and I am default video setting of 1280 x 960. I can go higher to Full HD 1920 x 1080. This picture shows the mount and the traqmate cable that goes from the Gopro to the Traqmate.

Here are a few of my notes:
1) Need to turn spot metering on if filming from the inside of the car otherwise inside of car looks great, but the road is washed out.
2) I am mounting from high on my roll-bar and the only good I could get the right angle was to mount the Gopro upside down.
3) Flip setting to upside down mode
4) Traqmate integration with Traqdata Pro seems to be working. Traqmate automatically turns on/off Gopro. The adapter/cable is expensive to turn/off/syncronize but I am too lazy to manually match data & video. New adapter has lots of options, but I only use the RPM sensor. Also, they milled out the back of the Gopro case so the adapter between Gopro and Traqmate is good.
5) I do have the suction mount, but have not tired it yet. I am sure the view will be great, but I kind of like the cockpit view.
6) Need to upgrade Traqmate firmeware to latest version for Gopro integration
7) I did get an extra battery. Camera says 2 1/2 hours so that should be plenty for most single day DE's. I will miss the hard-wiring I had with the Chasecam, but I believe this will be possible with Gopro.

My first DE is this weekend at Lime Rock Park and I am looking forward to the video. Also, I got my suspension updated from Dan Jacobs so I can't wait to see the difference.

Anyone else using Gopro with Traqmate and have any other suggestions?
Attached Images  
Old 04-16-2012, 08:57 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Hardwire is easy. Just splice the wires with an old USB cord. Buy an extra case and dremel the hole out.

Mounting point looks really high to me. With the wide field of view, it might be better mounted on the diagonal beam.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:53 PM
MSTACH
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Do you need only cable or Traqdata Pro to synchonize gopro and TM?

http://www.stableenergies.com/Traqma...nfo/TM-890037/
Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MSTACH
Do you need only cable or Traqdata Pro to synchonize gopro and TM?

http://www.stableenergies.com/Traqma...nfo/TM-890037/
I wonder the same question as traqmate website is less than clear about what is needed.

did anybody try that cable on the gopro3 white edition, some say the 'white edition' is just like the gopro2... but the traqmate forums says the gopro3 is nto compatible at all as it only can be controlled via wifi and not cable anymore
Old 01-24-2013, 01:14 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

You need to purchase the "expensive" Traqdata pro interface to have automatic sync to GoPro Hero2. Not sure about the physical cable if that needs to be purchased from Traqmate. The interface turns the camera on and communicates with the display unit. For example, it shows a camera icon. Of course, you can manually sync the GoPro with the Traqmate and save around $200+ on the interface.

GoPro3 is not compatible with Traqmate for automatically sync per the last time I checked.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:08 PM
MSTACH
Burning Brakes

just spoke with stable energies they offer me less expenssive traqdata interface with RPM's input only about half price
Old 01-24-2013, 04:14 PM
MSTACH
Burning Brakes

for downloading and modifying video's - do you need TraqStudio Software?
Old 01-28-2013, 03:06 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

To overlay Traqmate Data and Video you need TraqStudio software. This is true even if you using the automated sync interface option (TraqSync Pro adapter). The TraqSudio software creates the combined data/video into a file. You can specify the video size (800x600, 1440x810 or others) along quality of high, medium or low.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:12 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,151 Likes on 1,827 Posts

Originally Posted by MSTACH
just spoke with stable energies they offer me less expenssive traqdata interface with RPM's input only about half price
So do I. The TraqSync Pro cable and TraqStudio offer the ability to stitch together a VIDEO theoretical best lap!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 04-24-2013, 11:17 PM
por944s2
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have had nothing but problems "upgrading" to hero2 and traqmate. Paid the big bucks, and after a few attempts the camera will not stay on. TM told me to rollback firmware, now 2 cameras are DEAD. Support from TM, **** POOR. I still have my Sony camera and HD box, I'm sticking with that and the rest is going back. F THEM.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:29 AM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just got the hd. Go pro adapter with cable and milled cover. I have used traqmate for 5 yrs with chasecam. it is bolted and hardwired in. Do I have to take the tm data sensor box out to update firmware for gopro 2 to work ? Hooe I don't have issues.

Thx

Mike
Old 04-27-2013, 01:03 PM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Td himself? Anyone?

Mk

Quick Reply: GoPro Hero2 / Traqmate