996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joining the ranks

Old 02-05-2012, 12:00 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 186 Posts

Looks stock and so clean. Change the sidemarkers : ). Anyway at 15k miles u should have the LSD checked if it's still working and has previous owner did aftermarket rear toelinks? Mike
Old 02-05-2012, 12:19 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Looks well cared for - Enjoy and welcome! You won't be needing those CDs in the door pocket though
Old 02-05-2012, 12:25 PM
blake
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Looks stock and so clean. Change the sidemarkers : ). Anyway at 15k miles u should have the LSD checked if it's still working and has previous owner did aftermarket rear toelinks? Mike
+1. At 13k (mostly track miles), my LSD is shot... "Upgraded" rear toe-links are a must as the rear tends to get out of alignment with factory links, and check the corner balancing and alignment. I went aggresive with front camber (greater than -3 degrees, and had to rotate the shock towers to do so...) The turn in now is "so choice"!

Also check those coolant lines (might want to replace all rubber as a precaution). Many of us run watter wetter to prevent spins.

Other than that - you are good to go. Congrats on the purchase. The GT3 is the best car that I have owned.

-B
Old 02-07-2012, 07:18 PM
FNWY2004
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
The car was dealer serviced with the 2 previous owners. I had the LSD checked during the PPI and everything checked out. No aftermarket parts have been put on the car.

What do the aftermarket toelinks do for the car? The alignment was performed at 14k. Should I get it adjusted again with different settings? If so what settings do you guys recommend?
Old 02-08-2012, 08:24 PM
JohnPG
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FNWY2004
What do the aftermarket toelinks do for the car? The alignment was performed at 14k. Should I get it adjusted again with different settings? If so what settings do you guys recommend?
Aftermarket toe links can have a locking plate which will help in preventing toe changes in the alignment. Not necessary unless you plan to track the car and probably not until you start getting into more than a few events a year. Same with your current alignment.

If you decide to track more then get ready for a slippery slope.....er addiction
Old 02-11-2012, 03:09 AM
wdavis
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

You will not regret your purchase. I have had mine for two years, same color, and every time i hear it turn over, it is love all over again. Enjoy!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Joining the ranks