Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much would you pay for this 6gt3, More info Dec.20th

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 11:13 PM
bf911c2
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy holidays to all. I am a dealer in CT with a personal love for porsches! I almost bought this GT3 last year at a dealer only auction. However the lack of vin number/tag made me very nervous. The car sold if memory serves me right for $54,500. It was sold to a dealer in California. The dealer selling was in Ohio. I also seem to remember the car had non GT3 oem wheels. Hope this helps. Brad
Old 12-21-2011, 07:21 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bf911c2
Happy holidays to all. I am a dealer in CT with a personal love for porsches! I almost bought this GT3 last year at a dealer only auction. However the lack of vin number/tag made me very nervous. The car sold if memory serves me right for $54,500. It was sold to a dealer in California. The dealer selling was in Ohio. I also seem to remember the car had non GT3 oem wheels. Hope this helps. Brad
If somebody paid $55K (especially at an auction) then they were probably in THIS position......
Attached Images  
Old 12-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Exigent
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bf911c2
If this is accurate the dealer in Ohio may be my local dealer. I just bought my 6GT3 from them and saw this car at the dealership. It had been at an auction in CA, didn't sell, was shipped back & damaged along the way (minor, as I recall).

If you want to pm me ill try to help if I can.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:13 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
If somebody paid $55K (especially at an auction) then they were probably in THIS position......
From the middle of 2010 to middle of 2011 wholesale prices were even crazy on these beauties.

In that period not many GT3's went through Manheim but every time one did it was >$50k and these cars all had >15k miles. I can see $54k for a low mileage example.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:20 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Originally Posted by enthusiast
The manufacturer's label missing from the driver's door bothers me a lot. If they replaced the door skin that part of the door should have been fine. If nothing else they should have painted around that label.

+1 on this.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to condition but if it was just a fender replaced and just a skin on the door and you're OK with the quality of repairs then use that to your advantage in bargaining if this is the right car for you. Lack of VIN tags makes me think there's more than just a re-skin on that door. Check the door FRAME very well, if there was damage in the door frame area and not just the door itself I'd walk.

If you get a PPI done, mechanics aren't always the best at picking apart damage repairs unless it's major and sticks out like a sore thumb. I can put you in touch with a couple of very qualified professional detailers that can give you a proper inspection of the physical condition of the car if you'd like.

Andy
Old 12-21-2011, 09:26 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
From the middle of 2010 to middle of 2011 wholesale prices were even crazy on these beauties.

In that period not many GT3's went through Manheim but every time one did it was >$50k and these cars all had >15k miles. I can see $54k for a low mileage example.
Even for a nervous example like this one?
Old 12-21-2011, 10:29 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Originally Posted by LVDell
Even for a nervous example like this one?
Just weren't a ton to get a really good data point from, when they showed up they brought big money (for wholesale). There's some sales back in '09 that were in the mid 40's which is a little more in line but that was basically the bottom of the market as we know it from the last few years and still mid 40's for wholesale in '09 is pretty good money.

Alot of the high end stuff goes through a couple of their bigger locations that do high line specific auctions and a good bit of that buying is done over the internet without a really good inspection process. Wonder if that's why it was "sold" and shipped to CA but still ended up back at the original dealer in Ohio in the end.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:38 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Makes sense. When I was shopping for my Turbo, there were a few Turbos that my dealer had a buyer look at for me at the "high end" auctions. Those Turbos sold at auction for more than retail! Another reason that the market cannot rely on the auction. The best indication is what the used car non-auction market is bringing.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:57 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 772 Likes on 386 Posts

RE: the comment about no VIN number, is it just missing the sticker on the door? Isn't the plate on the dash still there? If they replaced the door and/or reprinted, it doesn't surprise me the sticker would be missing. Getting a new one is a royal PITA, so most people, and certainly no dealers, will go through the hassle.

I would have the car checked out by a good body shop....they know what they're looking at. As I noted, I'd bet there are a lot of these cars that have damage history that's never reported, so most don't even know to look.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 12-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Marks951
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure it is a pain to get a new VIN sticker, but on a $40-50K car at an actual Porsche Dealer they should know better or have a good explanation why a VIN tag, even as simple as a sticker, is missing.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:35 AM
alexl911
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Update? If you've decided to pass on this car I might be interested. I might be moving to Montreal in a few months.

Quick Reply: how much would you pay for this 6gt3, More info Dec.20th