Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much would you pay for this 6gt3, More info Dec.20th

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Deanriffs
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Given all this discussion regarding how to think about body damage, what percentage of 6GT3s do you think have had body work? I may be in the market next year, and am curious.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:06 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 772 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanriffs
Given all this discussion regarding how to think about body damage, what percentage of 6GT3s do you think have had body work? I may be in the market next year, and am curious.
More than some people will admit to.
Problem is...much of it is track damage, and unreported to insurance.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 12-14-2011, 08:55 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 217 Posts

After 10 more years or sooner all of them will have damage - buy the nice one now!!!! Mike
Old 12-15-2011, 02:01 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Ok the left front fender and a door. So what?

If the car is good, I don't see an issue. These are bolt on parts you know.

Frame damage or cheap repairs are another story.
Correct!

Seb, I know what you will do with this car, and what kind of owner you will be, so this could be a good opportunity to get a nice low-mileage car at a discounted price.

First, you need to get a copy of the work order for the repair, and find out as much as you can about the incident.

Second, you need to get a PPI done by another dealer (I think), reputable independant, or race shop, if the car is in the US. Cause once you have imported the car, there's not much that you can do if you screwed up. If the car is in Canada already, then it's a lot easier for you.

The value of these 996' is as track cars. For mixed use, or street driving, there are the 997', so I think that eventually, all 996 GT3' will/should become track cars. Therefore, there is no point in getting a perfect specimen... IMHO of course.

You need a good, solid, low-mileage car if possible, and hopefully with some mods already done. Pretty is not for the track

It's hard to say what the car is worth without more info, but it's a good time to buy, and as you've read above, accidents tend to reduce desirability. So put on your best poker face, and go get'er.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:03 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Oh, and BTW, none of this 1-minute drive to work stuff The GT3 is special, treat it as such
Old 12-15-2011, 08:55 AM
Paseb
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 55 Posts

true,

i want to have a low millage gt3 and want to get a steal. So this is why it might be a good opportunity. Im pretty young and will end up keeping the car for along time. So i dont really care about the panel problems, unless its frame damage, thats different story.

True again, as soon as i get the car, i will change every parts of the car.
I love as much working on porsche and changing repairing stuff than driving the car.

I was in florida this week with my dad and we discussed how cool would it be to bring our cars down here and do some DE.

As i read all the comments from everybody, seems like there is lot of people who would pass on this type of car.
This is giving me a chance to buy it at a lowered price

Originally Posted by FFaust
Correct!

Seb, I know what you will do with this car, and what kind of owner you will be, so this could be a good opportunity to get a nice low-mileage car at a discounted price.

First, you need to get a copy of the work order for the repair, and find out as much as you can about the incident.

Second, you need to get a PPI done by another dealer (I think), reputable independant, or race shop, if the car is in the US. Cause once you have imported the car, there's not much that you can do if you screwed up. If the car is in Canada already, then it's a lot easier for you.

The value of these 996' is as track cars. For mixed use, or street driving, there are the 997', so I think that eventually, all 996 GT3' will/should become track cars. Therefore, there is no point in getting a perfect specimen... IMHO of course.

You need a good, solid, low-mileage car if possible, and hopefully with some mods already done. Pretty is not for the track

It's hard to say what the car is worth without more info, but it's a good time to buy, and as you've read above, accidents tend to reduce desirability. So put on your best poker face, and go get'er.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Paseb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Deanriffs
i think there is a lot(my opinion) like any other cars

i see often some panels repainted, bumper replaced when i buy cars in the US,
but when you look at the carfax, its clean
Old 12-15-2011, 10:58 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Paseb
...As i read all the comments from everybody, seems like there is lot of people who would pass on this type of car.
This is giving me a chance to buy it at a lowered price
Bingo
Old 12-15-2011, 11:07 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 772 Likes on 386 Posts

...and use the selected expert opinions of the Rennlist peanut gallery to reinforce your negotiation....
Old 12-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Paseb
Rennlist Member

ive talked to the porsche seller today, so i got some more info for you guys:

car was a trade in
fender was repainted and door skin was replaced and repainted
no structural damage
the car doesnt have AC and no speakers in the door panels

PPI can be done to another dealership
CPO can be added for 2600$, good for 2 years

vin number is missing on the interior door, this is bugging me, cause i need to know the date of manufacture and the inspection are looking at it...

i required your help again!

thanks all
Old 12-20-2011, 02:12 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 217 Posts

I think the rear decklid has date of manufacture. There's also the vin number on bottom of front window driver side. They can do a search on. Mike
Old 12-20-2011, 03:09 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Unless it checks out 100% (and even then it might be hard to not miss something) then I'd have a hard time buying the car unless it was a smoking deal. Just makes me uneasy with the body work and the VIN plate missing.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Paseb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
Unless it checks out 100% (and even then it might be hard to not miss something) then I'd have a hard time buying the car unless it was a smoking deal. Just makes me uneasy with the body work and the VIN plate missing.
i was not familiar with the door skin replacement.

is it related to the door vin?

what would be a smoking deal?

40-45k$

car has less than 6000miles
Old 12-20-2011, 03:16 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm curious how they can CPO it if there is the damage and missing VIN plate. Unless of course they turn a blind eye.

I'd have an independent shop of MY choosing do the full inspection, not the dealer associated with the car.

If, and only if, it passes with flying color (the big ones for me on a car like this would be frame damage and leakdown numbers). The miles don't mean a thing as there are 30K mile examples in better shape than 5K mile examples.

It'd pay no more than 40K if it was going to be my track toy stripper project.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:07 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

The manufacturer's label missing from the driver's door bothers me a lot. If they replaced the door skin that part of the door should have been fine. If nothing else they should have painted around that label.

Quick Reply: how much would you pay for this 6gt3, More info Dec.20th