Sponsored by:

WTB: Schroth GT3 Seat 6-Point Harness

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 06:14 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
You use the top pic for both sides. The tunnel side mounts are if you mount to the side of the seat.
Ok so I am installing my 'enduro' harness and I have a two of questions:

1/ can anyone confirm me if my seat underbar wrapping is correct
First picture is shot from above the seat
Second picture show the front of the underbar, seat hole on the top

2/ I have bought the BK 'loops' to mount the enduro harness, and from a past conversation with Dell, he told me I could use those to mount either with the side anchor of the gt3 seats or using seat rail bolt. My question is about the second solution, I see how I could use one of them on the door side, right under the rail pointing outward (third picture), but on the center tunel side I don't see how I could use it (fourth picture). The point of the discussion being not to hook up the harness on the seat bucket (fifth picture) but instead on the rail bolt.
Attached Images      
Old 12-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Tim Kay
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the same install as you show in photo #5 on the door side. On the tunnel side I encountered the same issue, that is, the bolt-on loop in your photo #5 will rub on the tunnel carpet. My resolve (using Schroth belts) was to order a Schroth bolt in bracket B24 and do away with the quick release:
( http://www.schrothracing.com/store/C...lt-in-hardware ). Does it work? I don't know yet because I forgot to order them, thank you for reminding me!

As far as the correct wrap on the sub-belts it's hard to tell in the pics but I think you're missing one more pass through the pinch bracket (do you even have the pinch bracket in there?).
Old 12-07-2011, 08:26 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

What is a 'pinch bracket' ?

for my install I did the following loop
Attached Images  
Old 12-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Tim Kay
Racer

On my straps the lap and sub belts have a two piece bracket that uses an "LV17". I refer to it as a "pinch" bracket but the correct reference would probably be "LV4 or LV17" here http://www.schrothracing.com/main/Media/lv4

Also, since I am now ordering what I need I think I am going to switch to the bolt in B59 in conjuction with the LV17 instead of the B24 because I have 3" belts.

If your using the 3 bar slide as pictured above, it appears you've got it right.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:51 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,880 Likes on 1,098 Posts

I am not sure mounting under the seatrail is an approved method. I would mount to the side of the GT3 seat brackets as designed by Porsche that way the angle of the lap belt is correct relative to your hips no matter where you adjust the seat to forward or aft.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:27 AM
philooo
Rennlist Member

hummm I found those pics from an old Dell post:

That pics showing the outside side of the seat, I am ok with:

That second picture showing the inside side of the seat (tunnel side), I assume the belt goes from inside the rail around the seat back and that seems a bit weird. I hope someone can chime in on that setup:
Old 12-08-2011, 07:59 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Phil, those are them! I've been looking for some pics to post for you.

As you can see, the BK mounts are bolted to the car and give a nice perpendicular attachment point for the lap belts. Of course the other 2 methods would be to (1) have eye bolts welded or mounted to the car; or (2) use the attachment points on the side of the GT3 buckets.

Personally I didn't feel comfortable with the belt attached to the buckets. Also, attaching them to the BK mounts gives the belts more travel which makes adjustment easier.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:55 AM
SH || NC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Note: using the BK mounts, you will loose a few inches of travel on the seat tracks
Old 12-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Tim Kay
Racer

Philoo,

Another change after talking with Schroth (Derek, very helpful). I purchased a set of Rally Lap Belts that are designed specifically to bolt to the seat bolt in your original post picture #5 above. The price is worth the little extra than the price of brackets and I think a better solution. Again, Derek was a great help, give him a call.

Sorry if I confused you with my posts above, but thanks for getting me in gear to finish something I had forgotten to do.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:09 AM
philooo
Rennlist Member

I ran last weekend with 'Dell' setup, meaning BK loop located on the tunnel side pointing outward. It is a bit weird the way the belt goes around the back of the seat to then the seat side hole, but it works.

I am not a fan of the setup because in case of crash/belt tension it doesn't directly pull on the BK loop, but instead also apply some pressure to the side of seat. There are no sharp edge in the way but I might buy the other bk loop that mount on the seat side.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:49 PM
alexl911
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Do people still run harnesses without a HANS device these days??? This is one of the most important add-on pieces of the safety system. I would NEVER get in a car without one that has a harness setup.
Over here in Euroland I have never seen a Hanns device at a track day (that's what DE's are called here), including all the times I been to the Nurburgring.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:31 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by alexl911
Over here in Euroland I have never seen a Hanns device at a track day (that's what DE's are called here), including all the times I been to the Nurburgring.
That is just sad that the safety technology exists at a reasonable price point yet so many choose to believe they will never need it. Sad.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:43 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

By now we've probably all seen the pictures or heard of the driver who killed himself at one of the Euro tracks this summer, when he went off with his GT2 RS without a HANS.

Driver died of a broken neck, passenger escaped with a broken arm or some other similar "light" injury... Sad indeed.

Quick Reply: WTB: Schroth GT3 Seat 6-Point Harness