Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

GT3 seat guys - what are these mount points?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Kerry
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3 seat guys - what are these mount points?

I just got my used seats; they were taken out of a GT3. I have three different types of seat belt mount hardware. One is short; it sticks above the seat frame about 4mm. One is long, it sticks out about 26mm. The third has a shoulder about 4mm above the frame then about 6mm above that. I only have one of the black aluminum blocks that I see on the pictures of others installs (Carrera Mike), you can see that in one of the pictures. Which type is correct? Does the correct metal cylinder that the seat belt bolt goes into stick above the black aluminum block? Is the seat belt buckle allowed to rotate after it's installed, or is it bolted tight?
Attached Images    
Old 07-11-2007, 02:08 PM
SMR996
Burning Brakes

Here's the pic of the seat in the car.... If you zoom in you can kinda see that the plate goes 1st then the bolt thru the plate. Then IIRC the belt attaches to the bolt.

It is hard to see because I have the BK adapter installed for the harness.....

Hopefully this answers your question....
Attached Images  
Old 07-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Kerry
Addict
Rennlist Member

No, that doesn't show me what I need to know. I still can't see what the bolt screws into. The other question I have is, do you use the bolts that held the seat belt buckle into the stock seats on the GT3 seat?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:55 PM
SMR996
Burning Brakes

Kerry,

I went out and took these just now....... Does this help?

The bolt screws into the side of the seat with the bolt from the stock seats.
Attached Images   
Old 07-11-2007, 05:45 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

It is to mount the FACTORY 6pt harness lap belts.
Attached Images  
Old 07-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Kerry
Addict
Rennlist Member

Do you know which one of the three is for the factory 6-point lapbelts, and which one (if any) are for the factory 3-point seat belts?
Old 07-11-2007, 05:52 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Not sure I follow but if you are asking if any of his 3 pics show a 3pt bolt down then no. The GT3 "Euro" seats have anchor points for the 6pt harness lap belts on both sides of the seats. The 3 pt belts stay intact and undisturbed bolted to their normal factory locations.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Kerry
Addict
Rennlist Member

In the GT3 Euro seat DIY's I've seen (Rocketitman and Carrera Mike) they show removing the seat belt buckle from the old seat and mounting it to the GT3 seat. Their pictures show the black, rectangular aluminum spacer that the seat belt buckle bolts through. They didn't show a picture, but I have to imagine that the seat belt buckle bolt screws into a threaded piece of steel, like one of the items in my three pictures, that the spacer fits over. I've removed a seat belt buckle from stock seats before and know that the mounting point on the seat rail is raised so that the end of the seat belt buckle fits over and can rotate on that raised portion, rather than it bearing directly on the bolt. The Brey-Krause install instructions for their R-9001 tunnel belt mount show this pretty well. Therefore, I'm assuming that the rectangular aluminum spacer shown in my second picture should be put on the long threaded mount shown in picture one. That would leave about 6mm of threaded tube exposed for the end of the seat belt buckle to fit over. But I don't know for sure, so I thought I'd ask.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:43 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Ah, I see what you are asking now. Yes, you do remove the seat belt receiver from the stock seat and re-attach to the euro seat in the same way. As for the tunnel mount I do NOT use them. Instead I run and outside mount on BOTH sides and they are anchored down on the floor under the rear seat bolts. Mounting the lap belts to the sides of the seat was just too close and didn't offer the ease of adjustability that you can get with more slack to play with.

**here are two pics....one of the tunnel side and one of the outside and BOTH lap belts anchors are mounted to the floor under the seat bolt. I have tried several different ways and like this the best.**
Attached Images   
Old 07-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Kerry
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks, Dell. I'm sticking with the stock 3pt. belts for now, so that's where my questions were coming from. Sorry, I should have made that clear. So when you got your seats, did it have the mounting hardware for attaching the stock seat belt receiver? If so, did it look something like this?
Attached Images  
Old 07-11-2007, 06:55 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Looks exactly like that. Receiver bolted onto one side and the "spare bolt" on the other side just sitting in there as a place holder
Old 07-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Kerry
Addict
Rennlist Member

Excellent! Thank you very much.

Uh, any chance you'd like to sell one of your "spare bolts" and spacers? I only received one with my two seats.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:22 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Already did sorry
Old 07-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks Kerry! I added your buckle receptacle mount spacer picture into the DIY ! Good idea to include and illustrate that part.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Kerry
Addict
Rennlist Member

Glad to help, Mike. I'm printing out some of your pictures right now.

Quick Reply: GT3 seat guys - what are these mount points?