Sponsored by:

WTB: Schroth GT3 Seat 6-Point Harness

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 03:17 AM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default WTB: Schroth GT3 Seat 6-Point Harness

I have gt3 seats coming soon and I was wondering if anyone had a Schroth GT3 Seat 6-Point Harness for sale I only need one, if possible the 2" Hans compatible but will consider the 3" version as well.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:36 AM
SH || NC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just buy new; whomever you run with will likely have a expiration date requirement, and you'll have to pull them and buy new in a year anyway.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product//PROFI2GT3.html

or the Porsche 'factory' Scroths

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product//6point.html

Also, PCA requires equal restraints (link) - you already have 1 harness set installed? Maybe you aren't running wtih PCA, but again check with your sanctioning body first for restraint requirements.

Just trying to save you the headache of buying, then rebuying, rules, issues, etc.

HTH
Old 09-01-2011, 10:24 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

If I recall correctly, the only option you can get with the OEM Schroth belts is red and 3" shoulder and push button release (don't like that). However, you can order the Schroth harnesses (non-OEM) in blue, black, red, and silver with and combo you want as well as get the better camlock style attachement. I have run several different options from Schroth and while the Profi II-HANS setup is the most popular, my favorite is the Endurance Belt system. LINK
Old 09-01-2011, 10:40 AM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the heads up, very interesting/important indeed

I see that all harness, except gt3 specific, come with a specific 'fast clip buckle' in the end of each strap. Is there any advantage to use that system, I assume that it require a couple of additional hardware bits (BK loops).

I think I'll keep it simple and take the gt3 version as I have the gt3 seats coming but wondering about the pro and cons. I read a bunch of post already but I don't think I've read anything about that particular aspect
Old 09-01-2011, 10:41 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

The OEM schroth GT3 betls have the eyelelets attached so you can use the mounting blocks on the side of the seats. I do NOT like that method. I prefer to mount to the chassis (either the bolts for the seats rails or the bolts for the 3-pt shoulder belts.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:53 AM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Interesting point again, it makes sense indeed to trust the chassis bolt and not the seat strength in case of a crash. Weird that porsche made it that way. so I assume I would need both of those thingy then

for the door side

and those for the tunnel side.

But also it seems the gt3 harness is a tad more expensive so that should be about even.

BTW any advice about hans type or not ? I mean I want to get one but might not do it right away. Is it safe to run with the 2" hans top belt..without the hans device ? ... I can smell the answer.. but I figured I'd ask
Old 09-01-2011, 10:55 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

You use the top pic for both sides. The tunnel side mounts are if you mount to the side of the seat.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:05 AM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Thanks Dell !
You should add "Ph.D in 996 mods" next to your signature
Old 09-01-2011, 11:06 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Old 09-01-2011, 11:16 AM
SH || NC
Drifting

This comfort level / safety horse discussion has been beaten to death many many times over; try a Search.

For non-racing applications, usng the stock mounting points for the stock /Schroth harnesses is adequate, *IMO*. The factory thinks so, a professional race engieer communicated same, and a Porsche certified technician also held the same opinion.

Think about it - if you are in a wreck strong enough to rip the seat and rails out of the floor, the belt mount points aren't going to matter much at that point. The only points connected to the chassis are the lap belts. The should belts are of course attched to the bar, and the substraps are attached to the sub strap bar, which of course is attached to....wait for it....the seat rail.

Having said that, ( ) the last time I had my driver seat out for professional work, I had the BK mounts installed for the lap belts; a 'while you are in there' kind of thing.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:45 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by SH || NC
This comfort level / safety horse discussion has been beaten to death many many times over; try a Search.

For non-racing applications, usng the stock mounting points for the stock /Schroth harnesses is adequate, *IMO*. The factory thinks so, a professional race engieer communicated same, and a Porsche certified technician also held the same opinion.

Think about it - if you are in a wreck strong enough to rip the seat and rails out of the floor, the belt mount points aren't going to matter much at that point. The only points connected to the chassis are the lap belts. The should belts are of course attched to the bar, and the substraps are attached to the sub strap bar, which of course is attached to....wait for it....the seat rail.

Having said that, ( ) the last time I had my driver seat out for professional work, I had the BK mounts installed for the lap belts; a 'while you are in there' kind of thing.
the seat rail..

Bravo!
ONLY USE OEM PORSCHE / RECARO rails if you are planning to use the side mounts for the lap belts.
They are tested.
Recaro doesn't allow this method in their other double locking slider series..
Old 09-01-2011, 02:03 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by philooo
BTW any advice about hans type or not ? I mean I want to get one but might not do it right away. Is it safe to run with the 2" hans top belt..without the hans device ? ... I can smell the answer.. but I figured I'd ask
Running a 2" shoulder belt without a HANS is definitely against the local racing rules in my area. They demand a 3" belt in that situation.

Cheers,
Old 09-01-2011, 02:04 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Do people still run harnesses without a HANS device these days??? This is one of the most important add-on pieces of the safety system. I would NEVER get in a car without one that has a harness setup.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:06 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
Do people still run harnesses without a HANS device these days??? This is one of the most important add-on pieces of the safety system. I would NEVER get in a car without one that has a harness setup.
I see it all the time.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:08 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Amazing that people would drive without one. The level of bravado and ignorance is laughable sometimes.

Quick Reply: WTB: Schroth GT3 Seat 6-Point Harness