Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bitter sweet weekend at GRM Ultimate Track Car Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 12:22 PM
KJinDC
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

as everyone is saying... Great driving! Great time. Impressive.

-KJ
Old 07-25-2011, 04:34 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazing driving dude....

Last summer when i was there in the 100 degree heat also, with traffic (was an advanced DE/club race :/ ) so couldn't get full clean laps really, I managed a 2:02 in my GT2 on worn Hoosier's like yours I presume...

My sending unit also had to be replaced....

And my Toyo R888's were like ice skating too, I was getting 2:08-2:11's LOL, slapped on the hoosiers and shaved off over 6 seconds, and the hoosier's had wear on them (10 heat cycles prob) too...

Funny similarities
Old 07-25-2011, 05:52 PM
ukrbmw
Pro

Thanks guys.

Ill - yep, very similar weekend!

Amazing thing is that car still has time left in it. I still can't go full throttle through the uphill esses, I almost missed a shift downshifting in to the rollercoaster, plus I'm running regular RS wing so a Cup wing would help and a fresher set of Hoosiers wouldn't hurt either.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:16 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by ukrbmw
Thanks guys.

Ill - yep, very similar weekend!

Amazing thing is that car still has time left in it. I still can't go full throttle through the uphill esses, I almost missed a shift downshifting in to the rollercoaster, plus I'm running regular RS wing so a Cup wing would help and a fresher set of Hoosiers wouldn't hurt either.
Yea some good time left indeed, and especially for my 2... Member 930 man was running 1:58's with a similarly setup car, I just don't live there and it was only my 2nd day there lol, so like anything more time and practice makes perfect... errrr, well better
Old 07-25-2011, 09:32 PM
ukrbmw
Pro

Yep - Matt lives at VIR - you can't look at his times!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:35 AM
SH || NC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alex, and data and vid to post? I wanna watch and learn!
Old 07-26-2011, 11:27 AM
ukrbmw
Pro

Scott - I'll email you the data file if you want to send me your email. No video unfortunately.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:58 PM
SH || NC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No worries; really wanted to see the compiled video.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:57 PM
ukrbmw
Pro

I know - something was up with my card, showed full after just 2 runs. I ended up reformatting it, but it was too late.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:20 AM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rceron
Amazing driving. Congrats. Post vid if you have it. Also, would you say that in 100 degree weather that the R6 are 6 seconds faster than the NT01s? If not, was it that you didn't push that hard with the NT01s? I ask bc I can never get my NT01s within 2 seconds of my R6s. I tend to hate the soft sidewalls of the NT01s. Maybe my Moton/sway bar set up doesn't jive with the NT01s...who knows. Congrats again.
Yep, plus 1, great lap time

I was also there and during the warmup there was no possible way to run a fast lap. I did 2.12 on 888s and the FD will jog a 2.10 on basically any kind of tire lol there was just no where to go. 72 cars all trying to get in a fast lap in a 15 minute session is not going to allow for anything but some ugly laps unless you're very lucky.

I had some major problems and never even got a timed lap but it was cool watching all the other incredible cars running terrific laps.

Alex,
If you continue TTS with NASA we should have a chance to run some together which I'll look forward to I'll try to make it to VIR in sept if they have time trials and or summit in NOV.

Drop 200 and add the cup car wing and I see sub 2s in your future
Old 07-31-2011, 02:00 PM
ukrbmw
Pro

Hey Fritz - I never saw you that weekend. Saw your name on the list, but then you disappeared - sorry to hear about your troubles!

I'm pretty excited about the car. Although somebody like Marvin puts up their 997.2 car for cheap and suddenly evil thoughts get in my mind. Seems both of us are too late to that party though...

I've got a little time to play around with some options for this car, hopefully they end up working out and then who know, maybe a sub 2 is possible (still tough tough!).

By the way - I had a bit of disagreement with NASA MA TT folks and waiting for Cobetto to come back from vacation and give me his thoughts on this. His answer will likely have a large impact on my future participation with MA region. Nonetheless, I'll be at most of SE events.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:19 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Hey Fritz - I never saw you that weekend. Saw your name on the list, but then you disappeared - sorry to hear about your troubles!

I'm pretty excited about the car. Although somebody like Marvin puts up their 997.2 car for cheap and suddenly evil thoughts get in my mind. Seems both of us are too late to that party though...

I've got a little time to play around with some options for this car, hopefully they end up working out and then who know, maybe a sub 2 is possible (still tough tough!).

By the way - I had a bit of disagreement with NASA MA TT folks and waiting for Cobetto to come back from vacation and give me his thoughts on this. His answer will likely have a large impact on my future participation with MA region. Nonetheless, I'll be at most of SE events.
We'll race for the next one and if you get it I'll buy your car lol Maybe you should trade your car plus cash for my RS. If that interest you I think you'll like my deal.

Sorry to hear about the disagreement and hopefully Chris will see it your way.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:21 PM
ukrbmw
Pro

LOL - don't temp me. I'm so terrible when it comes to cars. My mission is to drive everything fun ever made before I die!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:44 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

LOL - don't temp me. I'm so terrible when it comes to cars. My mission is to drive everything fun ever made before I die!
I hear that. Fortunately for me there only only 2 models I like. GT3s and FDs

Quick Reply: Bitter sweet weekend at GRM Ultimate Track Car Challenge