Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello All , New 6.2 GT3 owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 01:17 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks again for all the welcomes. Unfortunately I still do not have any photos to submit as I am away on business with the car.

Which leads me to the latest update. Well, yesterday was not a good day, after work I had to stop and fill up the car. I decided to go inside and purchase a pack of gum, after a long wait in line I walked back to my car to find some gutless turd had hit my car and drove off. I look around and ask anyone if they saw anything, All NO's!!! Saw some security cameras, went back inside to ask if I we could cue up the recordings from the security cameras. Have not worked in 2 months. Long story short, nothing!!!
Luckily, my car has a 3m clear bra on the front, after removing the damaged clear bra areas amazingly the paint is OK, the front bumper cap is slightly mis-aligned is all that is noticeable. All in all, I think I am lucky. A readjustment of the bumper cap and re-install of the damaged clear bra and the car should be back to how it was before the incident.

Not happy about what happened but I guess I can count myself lucky as it could have been worse.

One thing is certain, I am a believer in the clear bra. THis definitely will be getting put back on once I get the bumper straight again.

Besides that not so good recent experience, I am have been enjoying my new car. I am getting familiar with driving a 911 again and I have to say I am just coming to realize how much I missed owning and driving a 911. I also want to comment on how quick the 996 GT3 is. I am coming from an E90 M3 which was pretty quick, especially equipped with the DCT tranny(quick but boring). It's amazing how efficient the 6.2 GT3 is with it's power.

I have not really leaned on the handling much yet as I feel the car is in desperate need of an alignment and ride height adjustment. The car is pretty darty on rough or uneven rodes at the moment as well as it has a problem I have seen others post about here in the forum. The car tracks straight under hard acceleration but when you shift or let off the gas rather quickly the car darts to one side a little. Not violent, but just enough to get your attention. So I do have a few things to address but these are things I enjoy, I like working on my cars so of I can find the time, I will remedy.

Well, that is it for today.

Quick Reply: Hello All , New 6.2 GT3 owner