Sponsored by:

Group Buy: Brake Pads and Fluid

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 12:42 AM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Group Buy: Brake Pads and Fluid

I have an opportunity for you to save on Pads and Fluids! If you burn up pads during the summer months this offer will be worth your time! Save on Pagid/Hawk and Carbotech. PM me for details! Chuck

http://www.imgt3performance.com/stor...tid=39&F_All=Y

Old 05-18-2011, 04:47 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

PM sent for SRF.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:08 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Any feedback on Carbotech and Hawk for the GT3? Many/most are bound to Pagid and PFC, but I'm open if there's any positive commentary.

-td
Old 05-18-2011, 07:50 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

I'm going to post two Selection guides. this one will contain information on Carbotech, and the second for Hawk. we have used all three brands, but I would rather save my views and allow others to chime in. So for now I hope this will be sufficient.

Motorsports Compounds:

XP8:
The XP8 is the first of the Carbotech racing compounds that offer a wide range of operating temperatures (200F- 1350F) The XP8 offers outstanding initial bite at race temperatures, a high coefficient of friction, and excellent modulation and release characteristics. The XP8 offers a 100% non-corrosive dust, rotor friendly use and great fade resistance. Excellent as a front brake pad for lighter vehicles (less than 2,400 lbs) and has been frequently used in ITA, ITB, ITC, SRF, H4, H5 classes.

Looking for a pad that can be safely driven to and from the track? The XP8 is perfect for the novice, intermediate and advanced track day (HPDE) use and can still be driven safely to and from the track. Carbotech does NOT recommend the XP8 as a daily driven street pad due to elevated levels of dust and noise. The XP8 is also a great rear brake pad for almost any race car (Spec Miata- T1/T2/CMC).

XP10:
With a fade resistance in excess of 1650 degrees Fahrenheit, the Carbotech XP10 offers excellent initial bite while maintaining a coefficient of friction and rotor friendliness that is unmatched in the industry. The Carbotech XP10 can be found on vehicles that have garnered multiple regional, divisional, and national championships. Due to the XP10’s composition and the high level of friction and bite, this pad is recommended for vehicles weighing around 2,000 lbs or more. This does not include formula cars or cars with brake bias bars which weight less than 2,000 lbs.

The XP10 is the preferred compound for the front of Spec Miata racers, SSC, SSB, T3, SRF, ITS, H1, H2, H3, H4, 944 Cup, ST, GS, Factory Five Cobra’s and many more Grand-Am/ALMS/SCCA/NASA classes. Are you an HPDE instructor or advanced level participant? The XP10 offers excellent modulation and release characteristics while maintaining 100% non-corrosive dust, and rotor friendliness that Carbotech has become known for.

XP12:
The XP12 offers extremely high initial bite, torque and fade resistance with a temperature range of 250F to 2000F. The XP12 still has excellent modulation and release characteristics that have made Carbotech so successful on the track. The XP12 is a rotor aggressive pad, but compared to the competition, they are very rotor friendly while still maintaining the 100% non-corrosive dust.

The XP12 is recommended for drivers with very advanced or expert driving skills and is the most effective on vehicles in excess of 2,400lbs riding on R-compound tires. The XP12 will work with street cars in excess of 3,400 lbs. This pad is for track use only. Ideal applications are: LMP1, LMP2, DP, T2, T2, T3, H1, H2, GT1, GT2, GT3, TC, GT, ST, GS, MX-5 Cup

XP16:
The latest release in the XP line, the Carbotech XP16 is a step up from the highly successful XP12 compound. With an extremely high initial bite, torque and fade resistance; the XP16 is a world leading friction compound that is unmatched as a ceramic racing compound. The XP16 has an operating temperature range of 250F to 2000F. Even with this wide temperature range, the pad still maintains it’s excellent release and modulation characteristics that have made Carbotech compounds so successful.

The XP16 is the most aggressive pad that Carbotech currently makes, but compared to other products in the market the XP16 is still very rotor friendly and also maintains the 100% non-corrosive dust. The XP16 is only recommended for very advanced or expert drivers and is found to be the most effective on race vehicles in excess of 3,000 lbs or more and using R-Compound tires only. This pad is ideal for use in classes such as T1, T2, H1, GT1, GT2, GT3, GT, GS, DP, P1, and P2. This pad is NOT recommended for use as a daily driven street pad.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:53 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

And now Hawk!

Street Compounds

HPS:
Looking for an easy and affordable way to enhance your driving experience on your sports car, coupe, or sedan? Look no further than the Hawk Performance HPS (High Performance Street) pad. Hawk HPS pads offer a remarkable 20-40% improvement in stopping power and brake fade resistance compared to original equipment or standard replacement pads. The Ferro-Carbon compound composition of the HPS allows the driver to experience an increase in responsiveness to driver inputs and increased durability.

Some of the key benefits of the HPS pad include:
• Extended pad life
• Gentle on rotors
• High friction/torque in hot and cold operation
• Low noise and quiet operation
• Improved braking over factory supplied pads
• Low level of brake dust in normal street driving

HP Plus:
Designed for sports cars, coupes and sedans, Hawk Performance HP Plus disc brake pads are a perfect solution for vehicle owners looking for a pad that can take the heat of the track, yet flexible enough to be driven on public roads. The Hawk Performance HP Plus pad is composed of a Ferro-Carbon compound which can be used in autocross, Solo II and a variety of light “track day” applications. Hawk Performance designed and engineered the HP Plus pad with the serious street and autocross enthusiast in mind. The HP Plus pads have a high friction level and initial bite which is more responsive to driver input than most factory supplied pads.

Some of the key benefits of the Hawk HP Plus pads are:
• Elevated temperature range of operation
• Excellent high friction output and initial bite
• Designed for the autocross and high performance enthusiast driver
• Flexible and durable pad that can be used on public roads and on the track
• 100-800°F Operating temperature range

Motorsports Compounds

Blue 9012:
The most popular motorsport compound Hawk Performance offers, the Blue 9012 pad offers excellent modulation and braking power for a wide variety of applications. Strong initial bite combined with exceptional pedal feel provides drivers confidence during road racing and rally events. These features make the Blue 9012 pad extremely popular with experienced lapping day and driver school participants. Feel for yourself why this is the #1 selling brake pad material for the SCCA.

Key Features of the Blue 9012 Compound are:
• Wide operating temperature of 250-1,000°F
• Torque of medium to high
• Excellent modulation and pedal feel

HT-10:
The HT-10 disc pad compound from Hawk Performance offers drivers a smooth initial bite. Coupled with a very consistent pedal feel and intermediate to high torque, you have a pad that can inspire confidence in every brake zone you face. The HT-10 also offers excellent modulation and release characteristics as well. This pad is great for road racing or pavement circle track use that requires more torque and temperature range than the Blue 9012 compound.

Key Features of the HT-10 Compound are:
• 300-1,300°F operating range
• Excellent modulation and release
• Intermediate to high torque

DTC-60:
The latest formulation from Hawk Performance, the DTC-60 pad, offers high torque, superior release, and control characteristics. The DTC-60 pad was designed for vehicles with high deceleration rates, with or without down force. Can be used on vehicles with and without ABS, and has gained popularity for use on lighter weight front axle applications.

Key benefits of the DTC-60 include:
• High temp and high torque
• Offers excellent torque control
• 400-1,600°F temperature operating range
• Excellent modulation and release characteristics

DTC-70:
Designed for vehicles with high top speeds and repeated high deceleration rates, the DTC-70 pad from Hawk Performance has no equal. The DTC-70 offers extremely high torque with aggressive, yet controllable initial bite. Drivers often use the DTC-70 in conjunction with the DTC-60 if a split friction levels between the front and rear axles are desired. Hawk suggests the DTC-70 not to be used on vehicles with ABS**. The DTC-70 is not recommended on rear axle applications on vehicles weighing less than 2,300 lbs.

**this statement no longer applies 6/8/11

Key Features of the DTC-70 Compound are:
• Wide temperature operating range of 400-1,600°F
• Extremely high torque and aggressive, yet controllable initial bite
• Great pad combination with the DTC-60 for split friction levels
• Designed for vehicles with a high top speed and high deceleration rate

Last edited by IMGT3; 06-08-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: updated information, June 8, 2011
Old 05-23-2011, 12:52 AM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

the pro i am working with praises hawk..gonna try dtc70's ordered pads and rotors today...
Old 05-23-2011, 01:23 AM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mkk62
the pro i am working with praises hawk..gonna try dtc70's ordered pads and rotors today...
Thank you! Chuck
Old 06-05-2011, 02:17 AM
BoostBuggy
Pro

Any deals on the Prospeed RS683 brake fluid? How is that stuff doing?
Old 06-06-2011, 09:03 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by autokurl
Any deals on the Prospeed RS683 brake fluid? How is that stuff doing?
See PM..

CHEERS

CHUCK

Old 06-06-2011, 09:32 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by mkk62
On imgt3 description of dtc70's hawk says its not recommended for abs cars. Just my 2 cents. Mike
Old 06-06-2011, 10:57 PM
TurboCup87
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by himself
Any feedback on Carbotech and Hawk for the GT3? Many/most are bound to Pagid and PFC, but I'm open if there's any positive commentary.

-td
I've used Hawk HT 10s for a couple of years for DEs. I like them and see no reason to switch.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Burger
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I wouldn't not recommend DTC70s, they are really bad about leaving heavy deposits on the rotors resulting in brake shudder even when using the best of braking techniques.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:59 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
On imgt3 description of dtc70's hawk says its not recommended for abs cars. Just my 2 cents. Mike
Mike/and all; when the DTC 70 was first introduced and up until very recent times it was not recommended for cars with ABS. With the passing of time, the compound has been found compatible with ABS. Therefore they have removed that warning and now don't differentiate between ABS and non-ABS brakes for this friction level of pad... We've updated our information to reflect that as of yesterday. Chuck
Old 06-12-2011, 12:03 AM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

just got my front and rear rotors and pads...good deal all for a great price..thanks imgt3
Old 06-12-2011, 11:31 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Ordered some Prospeed brake fluid on Thursday and got it on Monday... and I'm in a different country!

Quick Reply: Group Buy: Brake Pads and Fluid