Sponsored by:

BLOWN CLUTCH WHAT TO DO?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 12:50 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

From the web site:

Your questions and comments are important to us! Please use the form below to send us an email, and note that the more information you provide, the better we can serve you.

NOTE: If you have a sales, service, parts or dealer related concern involving a Porsche vehicle, please contact 1-800 PORSCHE, Customer Commitment (prompt # 3 on our outbound menu). We regret we cannot communicate via e-mail regarding these type of matters. However, if you do choose to send us an email on this topic, please include your phone number so we can contact you.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:53 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mkk62
...they wont even cover taking the tranny apart to look..their new (pcna) position is if the car is tracked, engine and tranny NOT covered period...BS...
That sucks, and it's odd. Dealers up here put on track events all the time
Old 05-06-2011, 01:14 AM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thx. Yeah. They took my tranny apart for bad syncros 10 months ago under warranty right after I bought the car that was a known tracked car(12k miles). That is when I had them put all the goodies rs clutch lwfw and redid LSD guard. Now 10 months later new manager. Nada. They also told me because new clutch not original part number even though porsche part (rs upgrade)will also void any warranty work and they put it in!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:37 AM
IPguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

isn't there a warranty on the parts and installation, regardless if covered under original car warranty? in other words, if the car was out of original warranty, you had them install the identified parts, and then they crapped out, isn't there some warranty for that? after all they did go in and muck around with everything....
Old 05-06-2011, 10:31 AM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They told me tracked car no luck. Bs to me. I'll stick with my race shop next time. Could have saved lot of time and AAA trip.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:23 PM
drronh
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Mike, sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. We have a tech session with them tomorrow. I will bring it up and see what they say.
My car is in for some upgrades and I have been running the Z06. I plan on running the GT3 up north this summer and having it back in FL for the fall.

Quick Reply: BLOWN CLUTCH WHAT TO DO?