Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High miles 996 GT3 Ebay value ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 09:27 AM
C4S993
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question High miles 996 GT3 Ebay value ?

Hi, This car (Ebay 230601083140) is not too far from me in Pa and I was wondering what you guys think it's worth ? From the pics the tires look needing replacing and I would assume the shocks could be worn (at 44k miles ?). There must be a list of must-dos when one buys any high miles 911.

Thanks,

Patrick
Old 03-26-2011, 09:43 AM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 562 Posts

Seems like a very, very high price and I would also expect brand new tires for that kind of money.

That isn't necessarily high mileage. I got 57K on mine, but it all comes down to how it has been treated.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:50 PM
firefisher
Instructor

Mileage not high at all. Condition is the key point. Go check it out if its close and base you price on tires, brakes, engine maintenance records.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:24 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The hardest part buying from a online dealer ids that most likely he just picked the car up at the Manheim auction and doesn't really know jack about it. He can extrapolate from the Carfax report that it was 1 owner, no REPORTED accidents, etc. but without seeing the car you're just rolling the dice.

It's interesting that it has a lightweight flywheel, not something most street enthusiasts would be inclined to install. Worn tires, and brakes are also inconsistent with a enthusiast's car. Bet there's holes under the carpet from the roll bar that was removed. I will say that the drive train is pretty indestructable no matter how it was driven.....

I'd ask the seller/dealer for Porsche's maintaince report....
Old 03-26-2011, 05:43 PM
ssort
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CS993, i have my car for sale that has the same miles, with a bunch of add on's. it has been well cared for and i just had a PPI and dyno test done to confirm it's condition. it's not perfect but what is the point of watching your garage queen depreciate? you might have interest in it or it will give you a point of reference. no accidents, no stories, no bull**** from a fellow RL'r

here is the ad. i'm asking 53K or best reasonable offer:

Clean but not garage queen 04 GT3. Lots of upgrades (but not over the top) well cared for 43K mile history. Mostly long distance commuting miles by the original owner in TX. Professionally maintained by PCNA Dealers or by top Indie shops. Occasional DE days. Porsche TE Cage, seats, BBS wheels in add'n to stock set, PS2's and 888's, , Pagid pads, suspension bushing upgrades,Rennline pedal set, center console delete, RMS done under warranty. No accidents, no stories, priced to sell, not to sit. Selling as i just don't use the car enough and these cars are meant to be driven, not to sit around.

lots of pictures here, I hope not too many. I did not hide any of the flaws as they are from normal careful use. if you can't get the picture link to work email me and i will send it to you directly. t.ross@northwestreps.net. sorry for any issues.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2point8...7625283405762/

Here are the details:

History:
Car delivered to TX owner on 8/4/03. Owner was commuting between Dallas and Houston, hence the miles.
Car sold to FL owner on 7/5/07 with approx 35K miles. He did the seats and the cage at Orbit Racing.
I bought the car in Oct 08 from the 2nd owner with 37.6K miles
I have all of my records but I don’t have the prior owners but pcna does.
Clean Carfax reporting no repairs.
I hold the title.
Selling as I spend most of my time in the mountains, no longer much if any time for the track.
if it matters I’ve had 3 or 4 Porches, various M3’s and as well as a wicked RS4 that is supercharged. I’m also a Nt’l Certified PCA Instructor and teach for the local PCA and BMW Clubs.
About 43 or 44K miles, mostly road miles. In total the car has had about 8 track days.
53K OBRO (or best reasonable offer)

No type 2 over revs, detailed with 2 or 3 times a year , oil changes, regular maintenance done by Chris’s German Auto. Car resides in a garage at all times on a batt tender. The RMS was replaced under warranty, absolutely bone dry now.

RMS done by Porsche in Aug of 2008 as noted above by Porsche of Naples FL.
Alternator replaced by Porsche in Sept of 2009 under warranty. Barrier Porsche in WA.
1/2 Porsche Tech Equip cage installed by Orbit Racing, FL.
Replica Euro GT3 Seats from Maxspeed-Motorsports. Installed by Orbit Racin, FL.
Porsche Fire Extinguisher in front of the passenger seat.
6 point belts on both seats
Center Console Delete Kit
Rennline Pedal set (3 plus Dead Pedal)
Spherical Toe Links, Rear Upper Control Arm Link, Corner Balance and Alignment by Cantrell Motorsports, WA.
2 set of wheels:
Stock wheels have Toyo R888’s that have 4 track days on them.
2nd set of wheels are a beautiful set of BBS E28/E88. (6K new). These wheels have Pilot Sport 2’s on them. About 2K miles on them. No track use of these tyres or wheels
Wheel studs replace lug nuts
Pagid Yellow and Black brake pads
New set of Deman slotted rotors, NIB
Motul RBF 660 Brake Fluid
4 deg and 8 deg wing shims
Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40
Odyssey Lightweight Battery
No accidents or stories
Front of car was never Stoneguarded by original owner so it is chipped up.
Car has always been garaged.
Car stored from Oct to April in heated storage in Seattle. Started and warmed up to operating temp monthly during storage.

I might be missing something, sorry if I am.

206 890 8901 or t.ross@northwestreps.net anytime!

thanks for your interest!

Tracy Ross
Old 03-28-2011, 08:32 PM
joe1973
Advanced

Bought my 6GT3 last year with 83k miles. $44k. Tracked twice last year and in 10 months only changed oil, brake, trans fluid. Going for more Track days this year after I just installed roll bar, harness just this month.
These cars seem solid but only way to determine worthiness is to drive them. This eBay deal could cost you dearly unless you can PPI. Don't worry about miles but on the same token use it to negotiate a sweet deal. Good luck!
Old 03-29-2011, 10:24 AM
barney55
Instructor

Default How about 130k miles in holland for $23,500

http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=v3xwmgzysb4a
Old 03-29-2011, 03:10 PM
C4S993
Pro

I offered him $46k and he turned me down ! I guess he thinks he will get over $50k.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:55 PM
joeycannoli
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think he should get low 50's for that car. It is hard to come up with an opinion on price by looking at it on the internet. Car could have been extremely well maintained or it might need a laundry list of items once you pick it up. As others have said you are rolling the dice. I personally don't consider 44k to be high miles, but others might very well feel that way.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:30 PM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

Received 70 Likes on 34 Posts

I'd want to see that car in person and have a thorough PPI. Looks like its seen the track (not a big deal IF it was properly maintained) but you would want to make sure no hidden damage and that none of the wear parts are in need of replacing. If it checked out but NOT having service/maintenance documentation, I can't see paying much more than $50k. As has been mentioned above, miles aren't really that big of a deal but the question is... how well was it maintained?

I would much sooner have Tracy's car above with known history and nice extras.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:06 PM
joeycannoli
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Yeah, Tracy's car is a good deal. Wish he was selling his before i bought mine
Old 03-30-2011, 12:48 AM
ace996
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I believe that's Phokioglakos's car, or his name is similar. He's selling a DAS sport roll-bar that was in that car. Perhaps you can contact him regarding the car and ask him about it's history/maintenance.

....or, as I'm also looking for a car....

Edit: Found the link... https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...996-997-a.html

Quick Reply: High miles 996 GT3 Ebay value ?