Cars Dawydiak - SF

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 10:23 AM
braoley
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I do not suggest you buy anything from Cars Dawydiak

Originally Posted by jberkes
Anyone have any experience buying or selling a car through Cars Dawydiak in San Francisco? Due to a number of reasons (heavy workload, temporary move to a corp apt while finishing home renovation, completion of project car, general laziness, etc), I am considering consigning my '04 GT3 with them. any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.
BUYER BEWARE!! I just recently had business with Cars Dawydiak and depending on who you deal with...there are some very untrustworthy people! I was looking at purchasing a 1972 Porsche 911 T he has listed and asked very pointed questions regarding the condition of the paint and the owner Walter Dawydiak, who was my salesman, told me that he was a body & paint expert and rated the cars paint as a 8 out of 10, with only minor imperfections that could be corrected through wet sanding the finish. I started to move forward with the purchase deal and thankfully paid for an outside vendor to complete a PPI on the car (as Walter wanted and offered to complete an inhouse PPI for 2x the cost). The outside vendor immediately warned me of the horrible paint job that had fish eyes and paint runs all over the body and brought in a body shop expert that said it could not be fixed unless the entire car was stripped down and repainted. So Walter outright lied, in order to try and make the sale. I would have never paid for a PPI if Walter had been truthful to begin with. I asked that he be honorable and offer to compensate me for the partial or full cost of the PPI inspection and he refused.
I give high regards to Aldo at Aldo's Performance Motors for doing a great job on the PPI!!
Old 05-21-2020, 02:29 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,694 Likes on 2,340 Posts

1. they are not a good reseller. I know them a long long time.
2. I don't trust any paint guys. I am picky most ppl's 10 are literally my 2. so you need to see the paint yourself.
3. paint meter... ha... I trust no paint meters.

sorry to hear with your trouble. thx for letting the community know
good luck with then next hunt.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:02 PM
Backmarker
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

YMMV. I sold my unicorn build 997 C4S through Dawydiak this spring during the pandemic and had a great experience. They got me a way better price than a certain peninsula based outfit (that while not in SF, has SF in their name) was willing to attempt to list the car at. They detailed the car and did a great job with the advertising. Settling up was quick and transparent.

Anyways... that's a pretty suspicious and random first post up there, why are you complaining about a dealer in this forum when you weren't even looking at a 996 GT car? I call likely troll/competitor FUD

Old 05-31-2020, 09:18 PM
braoley
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe a first post, as most of my work on Rennlist is research. No I am not another dealer, but you can think whatever you want. That was a true experience I just recently had with Cars Dawydiak and you can even research the Better Business Bureau and see that it was a true complaint. You will find the car I had issues with still listed on his site: 1972 Porsche 911T in Lt Yellow. I'm glad you had a great experience but I did not....but isn't that the car salesman way...whatever is in their best interest to pad their wallet. I am complaining about Dawydiak because the original "poster" asked if anyone had experience buying or selling with them. If Walter would have been honorable and at least partially compensated me for my PPI, I would have posted that. Best wishes and CHEERS!
Old 06-01-2020, 09:29 PM
Backmarker
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Okay sure, thanks for posting about a 70s 911 in the 2004-2005 GT car forum...
Old 06-03-2020, 01:47 PM
177mph
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Backmarker
Okay sure, thanks for posting about a 70s 911 in the 2004-2005 GT car forum...
And bumping up a 10 year old thread....

Quick Reply: Cars Dawydiak - SF