Problems with Fikse?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 08:18 PM
cbennettus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Fikse?

Hey folks,
Is anybody else having issues with Fikse not returning calls? I bought a set of Profil 10's with black centers and polished outers and I had a couple of issues with the rear. The first time, a couple of the bolts that hold the wheels together broke on the left rear. This happened on the street!! Of course, the wheel would no longer hold air. I sent all four wheels back to Fikse to be examined and they ended up replacing all the studs with the same kind they use for racing applications.

I got the wheels back and they sat on my tire rack for an eternity. When I finally got around to buy another set of tires, I discovered I had a slow leak in one of the rears. I figured it was the tire and went back to the tire place. They showed me that is was leaking on the wheel seal. Now this is on a wheel that basically hadn't been driven on. In June I called Fikse and arranged to ship the rear wheels back to have one seal replaced and the other checked. I shipped the wheels in mid July and I had a bit of correspondence with them. Beginning at the end of August, I started emailing and calling about the status of my wheels. I got a gent on the phone one time and he said I need to talk to the production manager and that he'd call me back. Over a week later, and still no call.

Now many emails later and many, many phone calls and I can't get anybody to answer. I called Wheel Enhancement, one of Fikse's largest dealers, and they are having trouble getting return calls as well.

Is anybody else experiencing issues with Fikse? Any ideas on how to proceed? I hate having only half of a $4K set of wheels in my garage. It's starting to get me upset.

-Curt
Old 10-09-2009, 12:06 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a call from a friend.. I was told they are going under.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:37 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

Originally Posted by roberga
I had a call from a friend.. I was told they are going under.
aha....
i wonder why.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Greygt3
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Customer service at Fikse is **** always has been. They do make a good product. I have/had several sets of their wheels over the years.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:28 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

drove by Fikse yesterday... no one home in front office and bay doors closed up in the back... 2 in the afternoon.

also emailed my contact there and the email did not bounce back, but I do not think he is still there...
Old 10-09-2009, 01:33 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 458 Posts

That Sucks I hope you get a satisfactory resolution or at least the rims back as they can be repaired. I had a set of Profil 13's and loved the look.

The above problem is why I only run CCW's now as John answers the phone and stands behind his product.

Peter
Old 10-09-2009, 02:19 PM
papadukes8
Racer

I had the same problem in early August. Sent Fikse a wheel for repairs and Jason Crawford (Production Manager) told me 3 weeks. 5 weeks later no one would return my calls or my emails. When I finally got someone on the phone they informed me that my wheel was shipped out and I should get it in a few days. But when I asked for the tracking number they were unable to provide me with one. Don't know what's going on over there but I would have to think real hard before buying anouther set of wheels from Fikse. The 3 week repair took about 7 weeks.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:59 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
drove by Fikse yesterday... no one home in front office and bay doors closed up in the back... 2 in the afternoon.

also emailed my contact there and the email did not bounce back, but I do not think he is still there...
will's vm off.

Last edited by roberga; 10-09-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:25 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

I dealt with Will Anthis -- good guy
Old 10-14-2009, 03:08 AM
cbennettus
Instructor

Still no return call from Fikse, and I've been leaving messages on Jim's mobile number. What suggestions do y'all have for the next step?

-Curt
Old 10-14-2009, 03:09 AM
cbennettus
Instructor

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3

PJS, I appreciate you driving by the shop. Thank you. I would really like to get this resolved.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:51 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

Originally Posted by papadukes8
I had the same problem in early August. Sent Fikse a wheel for repairs and Jason Crawford (Production Manager) told me 3 weeks. 5 weeks later no one would return my calls or my emails. When I finally got someone on the phone they informed me that my wheel was shipped out and I should get it in a few days. But when I asked for the tracking number they were unable to provide me with one. Don't know what's going on over there but I would have to think real hard before buying anouther set of wheels from Fikse. The 3 week repair took about 7 weeks.
same happened to me a while back.
the wheels are of high quality. i had quite a few sets.
but service is not very good.
i personally would not buy new fikses as the price doesn't justify the service or vice versa. but if you find a set for $2500 in good shape, i would not hesitate. i am sure some other high end wheel makers will be able to service them.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:14 PM
redlineit
6th Gear

Will was laid off in September. Someone else that lives in the area posted this on another board.

"I've been here since 9am. It's now 10:15 nobody here. Place is dark and the dumpster out back is mostly empty. No mail on the floor though. But it has that eery empty feeling. I'd be looking for a new wheel supplier if it were me. This doesn't look right. No pallets out back. Nobody on the phones. Not good."
Old 10-14-2009, 04:14 PM
redlineit
6th Gear

deleted
Old 10-14-2009, 06:03 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cbennettus
PJS, I appreciate you driving by the shop. Thank you. I would really like to get this resolved.
I hate to say this... and I am sure you are starting to feel it...

I would not hold your breath for resolution...

No problem on the stop by.

Quick Reply: Problems with Fikse?