Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with Fikse?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Please contact me directly about your fading anodizing.
alan@fikse.com
I emailed Alan mid July about my "purple" black wheels...still waiting for a reply
Old 09-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Fikse Wheels
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr. Mark Mehta,
What I found appalling is that you would threaten to do exactly this, go on forums to damage our company, if I did not give you a discount. I call that extortion. You also said that you would remove your complaint against us if we paid that extortion money. What you do not know is that this thread was started to let people know that there were problems with the previous company. What you also do not know is what we did to help those people that had problems with the previous company. Yes your order took some time, however you did change your order and add to your order. We did not charge you $3,243.03 in fact we did not charge you anything. We sold the parts that you bought to a Fikse Wheel dealer. You must have been aware what you were going to be charged from the beginning and according to the dealer in question they have informed me that you were given a discount.

Originally Posted by babablackgoat
Alan Baylis told me he was “appalled” that I even mention asking for any discount after waiting months for my wheels. It was a nightmare. Cost me $3,243.03. Not to mention all the track events I missed waiting for Fikse.

BBB Complaint Case#1234811(Ref#16-1251561-1234811-6-500):

Per Fikse's request, I sent my wheels to Chris's German Auto (John Robison - 425.462.****) to be repaired and widened. In order for Chris's German Auto to complete this relatively simple task, they require parts from Fikse.

The parts were ordered in April 2010. It is now July. Fikse has undergone ownership changes and growing pains will occur. But Fikse has been given more than enough patience.

Communication is nearly nonexistent. Fikse's Danny Goll asked me not to contact them for updates and to ask Chris's German Auto. Chris's German Auto does not control the parts from Fikse. Fikse VP Allen Baylis called me and presented a nonfunctional email address. He was to call me one week later and did not. I did not have the proper contact information for Mr. Baylis, so I was completely in the dark. I left messages for him at Fikse and did not receive a call until one week later.

There was never any indication it would take any near this amount to time to receive my wheels back. My 2006 GTO has been just sitting in a repair shop waiting for the wheels to get back from Chris's German Auto since March 2010. I need my car back ASAP.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:31 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

Plot thickens.

I don't like old fiske
I have dealt with Alan bsyliss from wheel enhancement days. Alan have always been good. I wait eagerly to see this unravel
Old 09-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Fikse/Kodiak built custom wheels for my Ariel Atom. Perfect fit and delivered on time. Let's not confuse the old Fikse with the new one. The wheels were ordered by the local Atom distributor who had no issues.

I'll be interested to hear about "extortion" threats. Unwarranted claims about a supplier are not appreciated on any forum.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:34 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Alan Baylis told me he was “appalled” that I even mention asking for any discount after waiting months for my wheels. It was a nightmare. Cost me $3,243.03. Not to mention all the track events I missed waiting for Fikse.

Per Fikse's request, I sent my wheels to Chris's German Auto (John Robison - 425.462.****) to be repaired and widened. In order for Chris's German Auto to complete this relatively simple task, they require parts from Fikse.

The parts were ordered in April 2010. It is now July. Fikse has undergone ownership changes and growing pains will occur. But Fikse has been given more than enough patience.

Communication is nearly nonexistent. Fikse's Danny Goll asked me not to contact them for updates and to ask Chris's German Auto. Chris's German Auto does not control the parts from Fikse. Fikse VP Allen Baylis called me and presented a nonfunctional email address. He was to call me one week later and did not. I did not have the proper contact information for Mr. Baylis, so I was completely in the dark. I left messages for him at Fikse and did not receive a call until one week later.

There was never any indication it would take any near this amount to time to receive my wheels back. My 2006 GTO has been just sitting in a repair shop waiting for the wheels to get back from Chris's German Auto since March 2010. I need my car back ASAP.
Welcome to Rennlist.
Quite an introduction.
If I understand, it would appear as though Mr Baylis did do his best to rectify the situation. It would also appear as though you were dealing with a vendor (Fikse) during a transition period, which would explain some of the issues.

If I am wrong, please correct me or perhaps update the status of the BBB complaint.

BTW, I don't know much about GTO's, but I would be curious to hear about any Porsches you might have and what wheels are on those.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Fikse Wheels
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no BBB update. Mark Mehta is a customer of a customer and we took longer that he deemed acceptable. What was there to say to the BBB, who by the way did not respond to our phone call. By the time we received the complaint we had shipped the product.

Originally Posted by ltc
Welcome to Rennlist.
Quite an introduction.
If I understand, it would appear as though Mr Baylis did do his best to rectify the situation. It would also appear as though you were dealing with a vendor (Fikse) during a transition period, which would explain some of the issues.

If I am wrong, please correct me or perhaps update the status of the BBB complaint.

BTW, I don't know much about GTO's, but I would be curious to hear about any Porsches you might have and what wheels are on those.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:59 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,302 Likes on 1,954 Posts

Really? Is that what it's come down to? Sniper attacks from the grassy knoll from someone that has never posted before or since regarding this?

You have an issue to deal with on your own, one on one with this vendor. You offer nothing to the group and bringing it in here clearly shows your shallow intentions to discredit someone else.

Quick Reply: Problems with Fikse?